PDA

View Full Version : Finding a doctor

vakim78
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Ok I finally got word I was approved for Medicaid. Now I can stop visiting the emergency room and paying a arm and a leg for walk in clinics. What exactly am I searching for? The kind of doctor... How do I explain to them when making an appointment what im looking for? Yes I was prescribed Xanax .25 that I only take once a day and its helped, but I'm seeking regular care someone who can monitor me and go through this with me. I'm doing good right now thanks to my Xanax but I will be out of them on Saturday (freaking out) ... I will need more meds and someone to help me understand what I'm dealin with... I don't know what I'm searching for. What should and shouldn't I be looking for to help me with my anxiety and antic attacks

vakim78
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Oopps!!! Lo

vakim78
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks! What type of dr am I looking for? When I start searching I don't know where to start

trinidiva
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Psychologist/Psychiatrist ( one prescribes meds, one prescribes meds and also does therapy.) And if possible a therapist specializing in CBT ( cognitive behavioral therapy)

vakim78
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Psychologist/Psychiatrist ( one prescribes meds, one prescribes meds and also does therapy.) And if possible a therapist specializing in CBT ( cognitive behavioral therapy)

Which does meds and therapy?

vakim78
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Start with your local doctor .

You want a doctor that been around a while . But also someone that likes being a doctor and is not some overworked slave .

A physiologist is good but again one where its about you and not what they think . Make sure you stand up for yourself as they can think what the problem is but its not .

If your looking at drugs then you want a physiatrist

Got it! Thanks. I just wanna be able to get my life back to normal.