PDA

View Full Version : Addiction

vakim78
01-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey will I get addicted if I take my .25 mg of Xanax in the mornings? Just having that in my system before my day starts has seemed to keep the edge off my otherwise scary days all day. Even my nights are good! I don't want to become addicted to them I hear people do! I know it's a very low dosage and I don't feel any different in my day but better. No sleepiness no wooziness nothing. Just anxiety free!

browneyes78
01-22-2013, 09:01 AM
.25 is a very low dose. That is what I take but I take mine at night time. I have read that there isn't much of a withdraw from that low of a dose and I have also read that once a day isn't addictive because it is such a low dose.

vakim78
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Good to know! When u take yes at night still helps you through the day? I worry it won't! And I don't get the sleepiness everyone complains about. I take it 40 mins before work and I'm good all day and night . Addiction is my newest fear/anxiety/Phobia btw lol

Cara1989
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Good to know! When u take yes at night still helps you through the day? I worry it won't! And I don't get the sleepiness everyone complains about. I take it 40 mins before work and I'm good all day and night . Addiction is my newest fear/anxiety/Phobia btw lol

So ur still taking them? I'm still to scared lol

browneyes78
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
No it doesn't help me through the day if i take it at night. Most of my anxiety comes at night but If It breaks through at work I will take one but that rarely happens. Just don't keep adding to it like other poster said. If u stay on a steady doseage at the lowest u will be fine

alankay
01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
.25 mg is a low dose but if you take it long enough you may form some dependence(psychological)...... but not always. Most docs would not give an open ended rx for xanax unless AD's/counseling don't help and the anxiety is pretty bad/disabling. But at that low dose, if you can keep that, it might be worth it if it helps that much. IMHO. Alankay