PDA

View Full Version : meal

jenneye20
05-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Does anyone have anxiety when eating out at a resturaunt?? I can usually get thru 3/4 of the meal then I freak
Jenni

kevin
05-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Does anyone have anxiety when eating out at a resturaunt?? I can usually get thru 3/4 of the meal then I freak
Jenni

Yes. Inside restaurants, inside my house, at a friends, in a car, walking down the street, everywhere and anywhere.

Pixton
05-29-2007, 06:28 AM
I always worry that food is gonna make me sick. I used to have it really bad with food at home. I would often skip meals, or stop eating something that didn't look right (i.e. the meat looked a lil pink).

Now I mainly get anxious in retauraunts - mainly because I live in a disgusting country which doesn't give a damn about hygene... I've gotten really bad tummy aches from the food at my university 3 times.

vaio
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
you just can't finish your meal or what symtomps do you exactly get?

thursday85
05-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about! I'm on the up n up with my anxiety so im doing better, I'm a college student so I eat out a lot. I would hate going to restaurants because i would get super anxious and I'd be talking to someone but in my head i would be thinking about how i was freaking out making it impossible to enjoy the meal or the conversation, are you on any meds? you'll get better, just realize even if you do start to feel anxious nothing can happen to you, its just adrenaline.

06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm like this too. The only place I feel truly comfortable eating is at home. I'm a slow eater most of the time, so I like to take my time and be relaxed. Whenever I rush it at all, I get anxious that I'll get nauseous or something. I also dislike eating in front of other people, besides my family.

So ultimately I don't like eating at restaurants, because I feel rushed and uncomfortable.

06-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Jenni

This has never happen to me before...Hope that all is fine now Jenney...Take care always ok?!

Music_lover
06-25-2007, 09:34 PM
yes. it's usually very hard for me to relax and enjoy myself and the company of friends and such. it gets hard to breathe and i feel like i'm smothered and a few other things.