PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when...

rhar
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I'll be walking around the shopping centre and all of a sudden I feel woozy and feel like my legs won't work!! It drives me mad! They have never stopped working and I've never passed out but I can never shake the feeling in that moment that I will... Grrrrrrrrrrr

temperancebrennan
01-16-2013, 12:50 PM
I get this feeling too. Like you have to force yourself to keep your legs moving & they feel really weak?
It's hard, but just have to tell yourself that they're not going to buckle & that you can walk. It is a horrible feeling in that moment though.

rhar
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Yep and sometimes my head feels so heave like I will fall over!! I try to tell myself nothing will happen but sometimes it doesn't matter!!

temperancebrennan
01-16-2013, 01:10 PM
I know how you feel. It's easy enough to say "It's okay, nothing is going to happen" when you feel fine, but when it's happening it's bloody scary!

manz82
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
I know exactly how you feel! In fact, the light headedness, heave headedness, dizziness, is my worst symptom of anxiety.
I will wake up in the morning feeling pretty ok then as soon as I start thinking about all the journeys I need to make (I have a huge problem with driving) I will feel my neck beginning to ache, my temples go tight and the woozy feeling kicks in. I have started breathing properly and visualising the muscles in my neck and head relaxing and it seems to be helping. Like today, I was in a busy shop and I could feel my head beginning to tighten, so I immediately breathed in for four seconds and out for six, repeating in my head, 'let the muscles in your neck and head droop and release'. In a few seconds the feeling had lifted. Try it, it might work for you too. Let us know how you get on. Xxxx

rhar
01-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Yep I've got the lightheadedness and dizziness now at work :(