PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin B12 & magnesium deficiency?

temperancebrennan
01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm going to my doctor today to ask for him to check me for these deficiencies as I've heard they can contribute to anxiety.
Has anyone else been tested / tried supplements for these 2 particular things?

sandyrdh1
01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm going to my doctor today to ask for him to check me for these deficiencies as I've heard they can contribute to anxiety.

I have for b12 and mine was low. I have to do shots. Take a folic acid pill daily. And my D was low too. They all can make anxiety worse. I have not had mag checked. I do feel better but if those are low it can take months to get levels up. My are a bit higher but not where they want them yet.

temperancebrennan
01-16-2013, 10:16 AM
How long have you been being treated for your deficiencies?
I know it would take a while to get levels back up to normal, I'm still trying to get my iron levels up. But I'd rather take supplements to make me physically & mentally healthier than be on medication for a long period of time.
That is, if my levels are low. I'm kind of expecting them to be because I'm very pale, vegetarian, hate the sun & have a phobia of milk haha.

sandyrdh1
01-16-2013, 11:22 AM
How long have you been being treated for your deficiencies?
I know it would take a while to get levels back up to normal, I'm still trying to get my iron levels up. But I'd rather take supplements to make me physically & mentally healthier than be on medication for a long period of time.
That is, if my levels are low. I'm kind of expecting them to be because I'm very pale, vegetarian, hate the sun & have a phobia of milk haha.

Only for about 6 mths but stopped the shots for a few month because I was feeling so bad. Thought it was that but then relized after all the research I have done that its a major cause for anxiety to be deficient so I just started back about 3 mths ago at 1 per month and suppose to do 2 times a month. So I am on my 2nd 2 times a month now. So basically I am starting all over again. I am taking B complex and D3,C, folic acid right now to help maintain everything hopefully.

temperancebrennan
01-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Are you feeling a difference. Last time I was tested, my B12 was low, but they're testing again to see if it's any different. Blood test is tomorrow.

sandyrdh1
01-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Are you feeling a difference. Last time I was tested, my B12 was low, but they're testing again to see if it's any different. Blood test is tomorrow.

Yes I do feel a difference. Not as good as I am wanting but my numbers were right on the border of anemia so I am still working on that. I am still having heart palps which is what usually gets my anxiety going now. Before I was just have panic everyday and scared to death. I kept telling them it was just not my anxiety. I ha never felt that bad in my life. So it took a good 3 mths to start feeling better to when I can now go off and do things. Have them check D too. I know with b12, they say 200-800 is fine and most reg doctors say its ok. But under 200 is anemic. My reg doc said I should not have symptoms from my b12 but my nerologist said yes I could. Even if my numbers are 600 I can still have symptoms. The high is 1000-2000 which is good. My gp says I did not need shots but my Nero is the one who said yes I did! So get your numbers and research it and if your doctor says things are ok when the numbers are low go someone else. Get a copy of your blood work.

dedee
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM

For me I have deficiency on the D it is really recommended to check your vitamin D level as well as the B12 .. I didn't check the B12 but I will do so ..
I prescribed for 50,000 Iu a week for the vitamin D .
I can see improvement after few days and I am getting better as time goes by ( my 1st dose was 1.1/2 month ago) feeling better already .
It does takes time and u need to keep watching it to maintain ur health good.
I heated that the magnesium doesn't really show the decency some times even if its low .. So taking it will not harm u if it was normal ..
Good luck

sandyrdh1
01-16-2013, 08:37 PM
For me I have deficiency on the D it is really recommended to check your vitamin D level as well as the B12 .. I didn't check the B12 but I will do so ..
I prescribed for 50,000 Iu a week for the vitamin D .
I can see improvement after few days and I am getting better as time goes by ( my 1st dose was 1.1/2 month ago) feeling better already .
It does takes time and u need to keep watching it to maintain ur health good.
I heated that the magnesium doesn't really show the decency some times even if its low .. So taking it will not harm u if it was normal ..
Good luck

Are you doing a supplement D after your 50000? My doc said I did not have to but my pharm said I should to keep it up because once your diff you can go low again. I really need to change my GP. Lol.

dedee
01-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Are you doing a supplement D after your 50000? My doc said I did not have to but my pharm said I should to keep it up because once your diff you can go low again. I really need to change my GP. Lol.

I took my 1st dose 1.1/2 month ago and still have 2 more weeks (50,000 a week).
I do heard about the D with the depression it really effect it .
U need to read a book named ( the power of D) or vitamin D ..
It will help u a lot .
Yes u need to take the vitaminD daily after ur prescription ends .. Since u got it ones u need to keep it up (50-100) mine was 11 ..
Vitamin D helps u maintains ur immune level up ( it fights cancers as well as many other diseases )
I am planning to get the 5000 a day after mu 2 weeks ends for at least 3 month then check my level again .. It's its became normal I will take a 1000 a day ..
Dr Oz have a video on you tube about that and says it need to be taking daily and take omega plus us daily multi vitamin ...
.. I hate taking an anti depression but for now I take lexapro 15 daily ( since 2.1/2 month ) I am planing to stop after my D level is up to normal ( probably at the summer time ) ..

temperancebrennan
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Im not really sure what these numbers mean haha, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Should know if I need anything on Tuesday when I get my results though :)

dedee
01-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Im not really sure what these numbers mean haha, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Should know if I need anything on Tuesday when I get my results though :)

Normal vitamin D level in the blood between 35-100 mine was 11 :)