PDA

View Full Version : Feeling after a painc attack?

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Do y'all feel weird after a panic attack? I had one earlier and now I feel really detached like brain dead :(

LittleBlondie
01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
After i have one i feel like i just wanna go asleep x

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah I feel really sleepy & achy after an attack. I just want to be alone in my room afterwards & watch something funny on tv.
Takes a while & then I feel nervous about it happening again. Or I feel ashamed that I couldn't stop it from happening.

What are your coping techniques?

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Whenever I panic I have to write to snap out of it I keep a journal lol I call it my crazy journal other then that a lot of self talk finally it will pass :/

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Do you just write what you're feeling at that point? Or write random things?
It's good that you do have a distraction though. Do they happen often?

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Do you just write what you're feeling at that point? Or write random things?
It's good that you do have a distraction though. Do they happen often?

They eased up alott I still get them like 1 every other day :/ I write what I'm scared of and its not likely to happen or I just write about breathing and that I been through this before ect it really helps I started doing it not to long ago since I'm pregnant can't really take meds so I need somemore coping techniques lol

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
It seems like a good way. I've heard that journalling can be therapeutic for anxiety. Have you tried any herbal remedies to help?
Awh, when are you due?

Ahlstrom
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
I hit the sack.

rhar
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Yep I feel really foggy like I can't concentrate on anything because all I'm thinking about is how I'm feeling. Sometimes I feel drunk or something.
I also feel exhausted!!

rhar
01-13-2013, 05:22 PM
They eased up alott I still get them like 1 every other day :/ I write what I'm scared of and its not likely to happen or I just write about breathing and that I been through this before ect it really helps I started doing it not to long ago since I'm pregnant can't really take meds so I need somemore coping techniques lol

Did u get attacks before you were pregnant? Mine started after a miscarriage last year then I had another one 6 months later and I'm trying to get pregnant again but scared my anxiety and panic attacks caused my miscarriage. How do u cope with them whilst pregnant??

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
It seems like a good way. I've heard that journalling can be therapeutic for anxiety. Have you tried any herbal remedies to help?
Awh, when are you due?

No I haven't tried any herbal remedies I live in a very small town and I haven't been driving because of the panic so its really difficult for me to get to a store with that kind of stuff I'm due febuary 9th :)

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 05:36 PM
No I haven't tried any herbal remedies I live in a very small town and I haven't been driving because of the panic so its really difficult for me to get to a store with that kind of stuff I'm due febuary 9th :)

Maybe you could order online. I ordered a custom Bachs remedy from the Internet. It's from America, so it'll take a while to reach me in the UK, but I'm hoping it might help.
Oh wow that's so close! Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? :)

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Did u get attacks before you were pregnant? Mine started after a miscarriage last year then I had another one 6 months later and I'm trying to get pregnant again but scared my anxiety and panic attacks caused my miscarriage. How do u cope with them whilst pregnant??

Yyes I got panic attacks before I was pregnant but it was just every once in awhile I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with this one and my anxiety was bad after the miss but it got better didn't develop anxiety with this until I was 6 months pregnant but now its so bad I can't leave the house without panic :/ it sucks I'm still trying to cope with them lol its been a rough road but5 I'm still here

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Maybe you could order online. I ordered a custom Bachs remedy from the Internet. It's from America, so it'll take a while to reach me in the UK, but I'm hoping it might help.
Oh wow that's so close! Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? :)

Yes ill have to look them up online :) ill try anything at this point its a little boy! And at the moment he's got his leg trying to poke out of my side hurts so bad lol

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
I used the Feel Bach website. I think it's $14 for each bottle.
Have you been tested for any deficiencies? I'm going to get checked for B12 next time I'm at my doctors I think

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I used the Feel Bach website. I think it's $14 for each bottle.
Have you been tested for any deficiencies? I'm going to get checked for B12 next time I'm at my doctors I think

No I haven't I don't think ill have to ask my doctor go in tuesday

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 07:03 PM
It might be worth it. I've seen a few things on here about B12 deficiency being a cause of anxiety & it's common in vegetarians (which I've been for 12 years).
At the very least, if there's something else that you're deficient in then having supplements to sort that may help.

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Well I take my prenatal vitimans everyday wonder if it might not be enough

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
It's a possibility. Have your doctor test for B12 & vitamin D. I'm going to ask for the same when I go back next week.
Worth a shot anyway :)

sandyrdh1
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes I am b12 and D deficient. I do shots every 2 week now. I still have some anxiety but they say it could take months and month to maybe get back to normal. Your doctor can test you.

tic
01-14-2013, 06:40 AM
I tiers but can't sleep worry about it happening again and to sore to sleep my whole body aches after ward

dazza
01-14-2013, 08:20 AM
I hit the sack.

What, even if you're at work? lol

Cara1989
01-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Ugh again today :( this sucks!