PDA

View Full Version : Heat skipping beats

Minababay
01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Does anyone have their heart skip beats while working out? When my heart rate gets high it starts skipping some beats and I hate it!. It also happens once in awhile while I am not working out. Went to the doctor they said my heart looked fine and that it's caused from stress and Anxiety. Was wondering if anyone experiences the same thing.

sandyrdh1
01-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Does anyone have their heart skip beats while working out? When my heart rate gets high it starts skipping some beats and I hate it!. It also happens once in awhile while I am not working out. Went to the doctor they said my heart looked fine and that it's caused from stress and Anxiety. Was wondering if anyone experiences the same thing.

Oh yea. Just look back at some of my posts. Mine skips everyday since July 2012. Sometimes every other beat for hours. Double beats too. It's very stressful. My heart doctor said my heart was fine too. If you look back on some posts you will see others that have it too.

Minababay
01-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I def will. :)

parrymax
01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I have it also,had it even before the anxiety. sometimes its noticeable most times i just tune it out.Had it checked out and the doc said it was nothing so i just learned to live with it.

Minababay
01-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm trying to ignore it, but when I'm working out its really hard. It makes me cough too. I hate it. Mine just started about 2 months ago.

parrymax
01-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I've had mine for 20 years. Once in a while i'll get a good ol hard beat that makes me catch my breath for a second but that goes away.For the first time i had an episode that lasted 10 seconds but felt like forever where it machine gun skipped multiple times one day this summer.That spooked me a little and almost caused a anxiety attack buti grabbed a bottle of water and sat down fo a few minutes and it went away-hasn't happened since and i'm still here typing!

sandyrdh1
01-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Ok, I can't find the other thread I posted on but here is what is going on with me. I have had heart skipped beats for 7 mths everyday all day. I did some research and found that taking fish oil omega 3 and magnesium citrate helps palps. Exp the mag, they use that in hosp to help irregular beats. I started taking this, this past Sunday, so for 5 days now and have only had maybe 1-2 palps a day:) mag and fish oils are just vitamins and I can't believe how mine have gone away. Sunday when I started it I was having skipped beats every 30 beats. I then took it and after 1 hour they just stopped!

Minababay
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Ooh wow.. Thanks for the tip!! I will def be trying some fish oil. I must say, after cutting out caffeine and starting my Zoloft, I barely ever feel them!! Tomorrow I have an appt for the 24 hour heart monitor.

bpage
01-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Ooh wow.. Thanks for the tip!! I will def be trying some fish oil. I must say, after cutting out caffeine and starting my Zoloft, I barely ever feel them!! Tomorrow I have an appt for the 24 hour heart monitor.

Hi Momababay. I hope the fish oil helps for you! How are you doing with the zoloft and how long have you been on it for? I've been taking it for a couple of months now and I seem to be In such a fog, don't want to get up out of bed, or leave my house. My anxiety is gone but I feel like a zombie!

Minababay
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey bpage- I have actually been feeling alot better. I take my pill at night (25mg) and have some crazy dreams.. But other than that I am fine during the day. Do you work out??? I do, and I believe that helps me so much too. Hope you can start to feel better soon. If you don't workout, I suggest trying it:)

bpage
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
I take mine in the morning but I hear taking it at night could help the way I'm feeling. I am trying I am Tonight to see if it helps me. I'm on 100mg and feel I may have upped my dosage too quickly. I haven't been exercising much of all to be honest, I hope it helps me taking it at night, maybe then I will have the strength to leave the house and I will def exercise now that you mentions it helps. Thank you !

sandyrdh1
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Make sure to get mag citrate too. Not oxide. Oxide is worthless. Mag citrate also has a calming effect to it for your muscles and your mind. I feel so much better. I am not worrying near as much as before. I am calmer and sleep better. It helps to calm for sleep too!

adrenalyn
01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Ok, I can't find the other thread I posted on but here is what is going on with me. I have had heart skipped beats for 7 mths everyday all day. I did some research and found that taking fish oil omega 3 and magnesium citrate helps palps. Exp the mag, they use that in hosp to help irregular beats. I started taking this, this past Sunday, so for 5 days now and have only had maybe 1-2 palps a day:) mag and fish oils are just vitamins and I can't believe how mine have gone away. Sunday when I started it I was having skipped beats every 30 beats. I then took it and after 1 hour they just stopped!

Thank you for this sandyrdh! I will give fish oil and magnesium a try...I have experienced the skipped heart beats off and on since last July, along with racing heart. Every time I would get these skipped beats I would go into anxiety no matter how much I told myself they were nothing to worry about.

a l i c i a
01-24-2013, 02:05 PM

This has recently started happening to me. It happens most when I'm laying in bed. It's freaks me out! I'm getting some test done this week so hopefully everything's good. Your definitely not alone!

sandyrdh1
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Thank you for this sandyrdh! I will give fish oil and magnesium a try...I have experienced the skipped heart beats off and on since last July, along with racing heart. Every time I would get these skipped beats I would go into anxiety no matter how much I told myself they were nothing to worry about.

Just don't get mag oxide. It does not absorb we'll at all. The other mag does. I looked up vit that helps skipped heart beats and fish oil and mag citrate were recommended. I also went to my local pharm an asked them before I even asked about the citrate and that's exactly what he told me to get.:) plus they use of course high does at the hosp of mag for heart attacks and irregular heart beats. So it's worth a try. I did and I can't believe the difference in my anxiety and palps. Today I said I was not taking the mag and fish oil just to see and I started getting just a few more palps them the last few days and so I then went and took it and have not had a palp since:)