PDA

View Full Version : Mind playing tricks.

justconfused
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
This will sound pretty odd, maybe even stupid, but I'm going to put it out there and see if anyone does this even though I doubt it. It's not alarming or anything, but weird lol. Sometimes when I'm occupied or not paying attention and clothing touches my skin (like if you have a picture or something stitched on your shirt) if it touches my chest my mind says I have pressure on my chest then I look down and notice it's just the shirt touching me. Or if my shorts touch my leg I'm like what is that and I will notice it's nothing. Sounds stupid, but when the mind is looking for stuff it sure finds it.

kasiejuhnay
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
I do that too. Or you feel like you're being choked but its just the seam around the collar...

justconfused
01-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Wow I figured this was just me being dumb but now I feel a little better lol. I wasn't worried about it, but do notice I can feel a bit of a rush come over me when I feel it then once I see what it is it goes away.

browneyes78
01-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Nope ur not being dumb at all... I do the same thing lol People with anxiety seem to notice more things I think.

justconfused
01-10-2013, 12:51 AM
I agree. I notice things most people act like never happen and I always wonder how in the world they just don't notice. Or they do and just don't care. I don't care seems to be a concept we have a hard time with, lol.

kasiejuhnay
01-10-2013, 12:55 AM
My daddy told me the other day that everybody has symptoms like we do...we are just the only ones who pay attention. That's easy for someone without anxiety to say.

browneyes78
01-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Yeah definitely! I notice stuff and my moms like why would you even pay attention to something so petty...... Haha Well when you are an anxiety sufferer, it happens. Some things are stranger than others.

speedball
01-11-2013, 12:51 AM
i hate anxiety!