PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking a Z-pack? Any side effects?

1Goofy1
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi,
I have been sick for over a week with a cold but it turned into a sinus infection.
The prescribed a z-pack for me today and you are to take 2 pills at once the first day and 1 a day there after.
I took them about an hour or so ago and feel somewhat strange.
I am tired and worn out anyway from being sick but just feel out of sorts and completely fatigued to the point of being on the verge of panics.
Brought myself down from them so far but keep feeling weak, fatigued, light headed. Is this from the meds or from the severe pressure in my head from the infection?
Anyone know anything about this? I have never had a sinus infection or been on this type of antibiotic.

I would appreciate feedback please.

Chiliphil1
01-09-2013, 03:46 AM
I've taken them, I didn't really notice any ill effects from it, if they gave you a steroid that can heighten anxiety, but the antibiotic will not. You have also not been in it long enough for it to have an effect, my feeling is that you are simply feeling tired from being sick, one of the symptoms of a sinus infection is fatigue and it can be pretty severe.

If you think the meds may be doing something you don't like by all means call your pharmacist or doctor and just ask them to be sure, but my guess is that it's all the sickness, get some rest and the antibiotics will start working in a couple of days and it should be night and day.

mrsmischief
01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi,
I have been sick for over a week with a cold but it turned into a sinus infection.
The prescribed a z-pack for me today and you are to take 2 pills at once the first day and 1 a day there after.
I took them about an hour or so ago and feel somewhat strange.
I am tired and worn out anyway from being sick but just feel out of sorts and completely fatigued to the point of being on the verge of panics.
Brought myself down from them so far but keep feeling weak, fatigued, light headed. Is this from the meds or from the severe pressure in my head from the infection?
Anyone know anything about this? I have never had a sinus infection or been on this type of antibiotic.

I would appreciate feedback please.

I just got prescribed a zpack for the first time today. Im feeling anxiety and a little feverish but i think its all cause im sleep deprived and in pain. It took them three days to diagnose me with strep, the anxiety i went through from the pain just has some left over residual effects i think.

SunnieDebris
01-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Z-pack is a great treatment. It's very strong, in order to be effective, so it may make you feel odd, but that just means it's working.