PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

beanbaby
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Will the doc prescribe me diazepam just to get me through new job transition? Gave me a small amount b4 xmas, and they help alot, nearly out of them, I know they're addictive, but hey ho.

beanbaby
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
They take the fear away and make me think rationally, I was in such a state today, came home, took one and the fear I had went, I've started a new job and I don't know if I like it, but it may be my anxiety making me dislike it, I have a bad habit of sabotaging things with my fear of the unknown, easier to quit than suffer the agony of trying to fit in.

SunnieDebris
12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
They take the fear away and make me think rationally, I was in such a state today, came home, took one and the fear I had went, I've started a new job and I don't know if I like it, but it may be my anxiety making me dislike it, I have a bad habit of sabotaging things with my fear of the unknown, easier to quit than suffer the agony of trying to fit in.

Maybe an antidepressant would work better longer term as a mood stabilizer than Valium.

helplessinseattle
01-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Not trying to sell anything here but there is an anti-anxiety drug that is very effective and not addicting at all. It's been around for a long, long time and helped me a LOT. It's Buspar (busiperone). Lots of doctors just don't think of it when they have a pt with severe, ongoing anxiety. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in and you take it every day, not just when you're feling anxious/panicky. Well worth talking to your doctor about it.

sandyrdh1
01-02-2013, 07:32 AM
I have tried buspar and it does help. When you start to feel anxious you really don't think about it and it blows over. The only problem I had was that it made me feel like I had way to much coffee or something. I did not like that feeling. It was unsettling to me.