PDA

View Full Version : Deep Breath

mw0929
12-19-2012, 04:28 PM
One of my most annoyinng symptoms is feeling as though I can never get that satisfying deep breath. I can go weeks without feeling this way and then BAM I try to that a deep breath and it feels like I'm not getting enough air. I know it's not my lungs because I've been checked but it really bothers me. Anyone else go through this?

mw0929
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
I have it and have for years and years . You dont have reflux by any chance because it can caused it also .

Yes, I do have reflux and have been on meds for about 2 months.

SunnieDebris
12-19-2012, 04:55 PM
From what I understand about that symptom is that you already have air that is in your lungs that you need to breathe out. That's why your lungs feel full. Instead of gasping for air, do the counterintuitive thing, and breathe out.

mw0929
12-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Then thats what it could be .

You may find that you get a tiny bit of stomach acid come up and go back down you breathing tube . Upsetting it and making it feel like you need to take deep breaths .

This might explain it better

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/laryngopharyngeal-reflux-silent-reflux

Ok thanks a lot. I will check it out.

mw0929
12-19-2012, 05:24 PM
From what I understand about that symptom is that you already have air that is in your lungs that you need to breathe out. That's why your lungs feel full. Instead of gasping for air, do the counterintuitive thing, and breathe out.

I will try that and see if it helps. I have to calm myself down sometimes when it happens because I make myself think I can't breathe.