PDA

View Full Version : my brain needs an off switch

MillieH
12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Having a hard time concentrating tonite, got some some unpleasant news and now it's running laps around my brain. The irony is I'm trying to study for a test on psychological disorders. Go me.

dazza
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
The irony is I'm trying to study for a test on psychological disorders. Go me.

You know there's nothing more valuable than experience.

You'll be the best in the business!

SunnieDebris
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Having a hard time concentrating tonite, got some some unpleasant news and now it's running laps around my brain. The irony is I'm trying to study for a test on psychological disorders. Go me.

Can you take 30 minutes and journal about the bad news, and then go back to studying? Maybe giving it the attention it wants--for a limited time--will get it to calm down enough to turn your full attention to studying.

MillieH
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM
The journal is a good suggestion, thank you. I know I should keep one. I was able to talk about it earlier, I'm just really angry and have a hard time letting go of rage.

And the psych class is part of my occupational therapy program, I want to work with veterans someday.

MillieH
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
The journal is a good suggestion, thank you. I know I should keep one. I was able to talk about it earlier, I'm just really angry and have a hard time letting go of rage.

And the psych class is part of my occupational therapy program, I want to work with veterans someday.

SunnieDebris
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
That's very admirable. Good luck to you.

MillieH
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
My boyfriends a vet, 2 tours in Iraq. Just doing my part.

jessed03
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
The best way to deal with anxiety, is the way this gentleman below did;
He worried so much that he decided to hire someone to do his worrying for him. He advertised the vacancy, until he found a man who agreed to be his hired worrier, for a salary of $250,000 per year. After they shook hands, and the man accepted the job, his first question to his boss was, "Where are you going to get $250,000 per year?"

To which the man responded, "That's your worry.”

Just a little joke, I hope you're feeling less stressed today :)

dazza
12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Here's another joke:

My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our local
pet shop and they were £40!!!

Blow this, I thought, I can get one cheaper off the web

:-)

jhunter89
12-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Here's another joke:

My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our local
pet shop and they were £40!!!