PDA

View Full Version : Depression

04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
For teenagers who's experiencing depression, isn't it that it is a burden to carry it all the time...That sometimes you could study for it is bothering you...For you to relax, why not look for something that can help you regarding this situation, by not taking any medications at all. For it is not good to depend all the time in drugs..Fing the one that will surely help you calm your self and relax your mind. The one that you can also share to your family for them to enjoy it also.

Hope this can help you teen to cope out with that situation you’re facing right now.

Music_lover
04-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I wish I could even do that. I'm afraid to tell my mom that I have these periods of depression. I was seeing a therapist, but I haven't seen her in a while. She wasn't heloping anyways. I don't know what else to do. Any advice?

squirt
05-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Try learning cbt to get the tools you need to help yourself or join a cbt group. It has helped me get my life in order.

ligeia
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't know if you feel "safe" enough to share your feelings with your mother, but for me, talking to my parents about what I am going through often times can help. But I am very lucky to have super supportive and understanding parents and I know not everyone can share this type of information with their own.

Therapy can help, definitely, but there are a lot of non-helpful psychologists out there, at least from my experience. It takes a while and a lot of looking to find a psychologist that really clicks with you and somehow understands you in a more global sense. And even then, it is not a be-all-end-all thing. Sometimes a therapist will work out quite well, and then you realize that your issues are not being resolved. That's when it may be time to continue on.

I wouldn't try medication until at least finding a good psychologist and seeing her/him for a little while. Then they can recommend a psychiatrist if they think you are a good candidate for medications. Those are my two cents, anyways. I hope everything will work out and you can feel better!

squirt
06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Therapy can help, definitely, but there are a lot of non-helpful psychologists out there, at least from my experience.

I can relate to this. I went through several before joining a great cbt group. The cool thing about cbt is that you really do all the work with cbt so a therapist is just there to encourage and inspire you to work on the exercises. One of the books we used in my group called Been there, done that? do this! by sam obitz has a really good introduction to the whole process and shows the tea form exercise which has helped me a ton and I still use all the time when I get upset or anxious.

ligeia
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Ooo that sounds really cool, I'll have to look into that book.

Thank you for the recommendation! :)

bohemianbarbie
06-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Not that I'm at all disagreeing with this post but it's seems that usually, for teens who are not only suffering from depression and anxiety, but also dealing with self esteem issues, frequent body changes, sexual changes, peer pressure, education, friends, parents, ect, ect.... you would think that it would be somewhat impossible to relax and deal with all your emotions by yourself. Those anxiety medications are meant for people with depression and anxiety because nerve cells and other things going on in the brain that you yourself can't change. Only the medication can help eliminate those issues so that eventually you can get to a stage in your life where you don't have to rely on pills and drugs. They are simply there to help you regain your life back and to help people do better in life and with friends. I've had social anxiety since I was 13 and I never took medications or seeked out the treatment I needed, not to mention the fact that I've lived a natural organic drug free lifestyle and relaxing and meditation come as hobbies to me, well here I am, 22 years old, still living with SAD. So technically speaking this kind of natural, self help therapy clearly doesn't work for everyone.

squirt
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Ooo that sounds really cool, I'll have to look into that book.

Thank you for the recommendation! :)

You're welcome. I hope you found it helpful :D
Let me know if you have any questions about cbt?

Robbed
09-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Those anxiety medications are meant for people with depression and anxiety because nerve cells and other things going on in the brain that you yourself can't change. Only the medication can help eliminate those issues so that eventually you can get to a stage in your life where you don't have to rely on pills and drugs. They are simply there to help you regain your life back and to help people do better in life and with friends. I've had social anxiety since I was 13 and I never took medications or seeked out the treatment I needed, not to mention the fact that I've lived a natural organic drug free lifestyle and relaxing and meditation come as hobbies to me, well here I am, 22 years old, still living with SAD. So technically speaking this kind of natural, self help therapy clearly doesn't work for everyone.

The truth of the matter is that medications are NOT needed to deal with the chemical basis of SAD. Performing the proper therapy/self-help has the same effect - without the side effects of meds. On the other hand, treatment must be of the proper nature. Relaxation and meditation ma be helpful for deling with anxiety problems. But they are certainly not enough when it comes to dealing with SAD. For SAD, actual exposure is perhaps the mos valuable treatment.

squirt
10-09-2007, 12:40 PM
That's why I like CBT it combines thought countering with exposure and works great together.

derkmesiter
11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
My life changed with CBT

squirt
01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Good job Derk. CBT is a lifesaver or at least enhancer ;)

Beachgirl
01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
It's cool to see all the post from others who have been helped by cbt. I don't think I was ever diagnosed as being clinically depressed but they say anxiety and depression go hand in hand and I went several years holding anxieties hand with little break until I went through my cbt group last summer. We used the Obitz book in my group and the TEA's are really awesome (once I got past my early struggles with them). Cbt can really change your life for the better.

squirt
02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
There's always more room here for people sharing their successes beachgirl. I'm glad you have had success with cbt and the tea forms too. Keep doing them everyday and you will continue to make even more progress and feel even better :D

Beachgirl
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks squirt :) Sorry I have not posted in a while but will try to more soon. How arew things going for you now? I'm making more progress so hooray for me :lol:

Dixxie
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Try learning cbt to get the tools you need to help yourself or join a cbt group. It has helped me get my life in order.

Hi. I am a new comer to this forum (about 1 week old....just a babe) and I've been reading about your advice to join a group. I have just read about a goup to join in 2 newspapers recently.....some well known people have been attendees as well. They all are smiling now!! It's every Wednesday, at 7 pm. I think I will go. Let's see if I actually get there. Yesterday I started to feel a panic attack coming on as I sat on the train. My throat and voice were bad and I had to sit still. Eventually the feeling passed. So I resumed talking to my mother again (who was beside me.) I am not a young person. I am middle aged. My first panic attack was on my lunch hour when I was about 37. It was very bad. I had to run outside of the store.....I thought they would have to scrape me off the sidewalk if I passed out. Finally the episode subsided. Once I got back to work I felt so weak and upset. So very upset.

My GP never suggested a group or therapy.....only more pills. I keep Ativan (Lorapazam) with me. I've been on Paxil but they made me ill! Very bad headaches and nausea.

I keep thinking it must the change I am going thru. Do you think so??

:unsure:

The Melody of Rain
05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
My first panic attack was on my lunch hour when I was about 37. It was very bad. I had to run outside of the store.....I thought they would have to scrape me off the sidewalk if I passed out. Finally the episode subsided. Once I got back to work I felt so weak and upset. So very upset.

What was the cause of this initial attack?

Beachgirl
05-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Dixxie I just replied to couple of other posts of you encouraging you about your group. I think things can change for you and that sounds like a cool group you will be going to. I just hope they use cbt because it is the bomb. Get good at doing tea forms and you'll start feeling way way better girl. Let me know how it goes?

trackstar
06-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I just finished a 16-week cbt group and count me as another big proponent of cbt and tea forms.

squirt
06-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Dixxie, I have not posted for awhile so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I went the med route for years before finding out about cbt and getting myself better. I hope you are able to find a group or at least give the thought countering exercises like the tea form a try and see if it works for you. Doctors don't make extra money for referring you to groups so most just prescribe meds because that's all they really hear about from the drug reps.

Beachgirl
06-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Dixxie, I just posted on another thread I had a notification on asking how your group went? I hope it went well :mrgreen:

Great job trackstar!

Anxious Frank
07-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Besides CBT, I've found the best thing for depression is being actively thankful. I tell people why I it's so great having them in my life. They feel good and I feel even better as a result.

squirt
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Besides CBT, I've found the best thing for depression is being actively thankful. I tell people why I it's so great having them in my life. They feel good and I feel even better as a result.
This sounds like good advice for everyone not just anxiety and depression sufferers Frank. Thanks for posting this and I hope you are feeling well. :D

trackstar
07-30-2008, 08:29 PM
AF, that makes sense and I am truly thankful to all the people that kept me going long enough find the help I needed in CBT :D

Beachgirl
08-17-2008, 10:45 AM
AF, that makes sense and I am truly thankful to all the people that kept me going long enough find the help I needed in CBT :D

Roger that ;)

trackstar
01-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Back atcha beach ;)

Beachgirl
02-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks. Better late than never right? ;)

trackstar
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
You're a live one beach, I like you ;)
I hope you are having fun and still anxiety free.

trackstar
05-02-2009, 12:02 AM
hope you are okay Beachie, why aren't you posting more often :( I miss you :P

tmays
05-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Sorry to interrupt all the flirting at the ned of this thread but I'm new here and wanted to chime in and add that I have had significant success with the TEA forms and CBT in general.

trackstar
06-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Sorry to interrupt all the flirting at the ned of this thread but I'm new here and wanted to chime in and add that I have had significant success with the TEA forms and CBT in general.

LOL...Good for you and thanks for getting us back on topic!

tmays
06-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Thx for taking that the right way. I just had bad experiences with doctors and meds and feel it is crucial that as many people as possible know the value and effectiveness of cbt vs the money pit of meds.

Beachgirl
08-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Glad you got us back on topic TM. The flirting has been fun though, but misses the more important point of helping other people :?

tmays
09-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Glad you got us back on topic TM. The flirting has been fun though, but misses the more important point of helping other people :?
Didn't mean to be a party pooper, but thought the message was being overwhelmed by the flirting. Hopefully the message that CBT beats meds is still getting through despite the fun and games on this thread :tongue:

trackstar
10-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Thx for taking that the right way. I just had bad experiences with doctors and meds and feel it is crucial that as many people as possible know the value and effectiveness of cbt vs the money pit of meds.
No offense taken at all. You were 100% correct to get us back focussed on CBT and helping others :mrgreen:

squirt
10-14-2009, 02:18 PM

This is great Frank. Thanks!

(I hope this is not a double post as I just tried replying and it did not seem to go through.)

squirt
10-14-2009, 02:19 PM

LOL. Good job Tmays! This is exactly what turned myn life around and I still do the TEA forms and still grow everyday. Keep up the good work!

Beachgirl
10-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Didn't mean to be a party pooper, but thought the message was being overwhelmed by the flirting. Hopefully the message that CBT beats meds is still getting through despite the fun and games on this thread :tongue:

You were not a party pooper. You got us back to what we are all coming here for :D

squirt
11-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Some levity is always good :)

tmays
11-25-2009, 07:34 PM

LOL. Good job Tmays! This is exactly what turned myn life around and I still do the TEA forms and still grow everyday. Keep up the good work!

Thanks to you and everyone else. You keep up the good work too :mrgreen:

Beachgirl
12-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Some levity is always good :)

Sooo true!

trackstar
12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

tmays
01-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Happy New Year and I hope to hear updates on how everyone is coping now that the hiolidays have passed. Other than the usual family drama/bs I coped really well this year :)

Beachgirl
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Thx and same to you guys belated. How are you all doing?

tmays
02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm doing really good thanks for asking. Can't wait for daylight savings to kick in as I thrive in the longer days it seems :D

squirt
03-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm doing outstanding and thanks for asking. Great to hear from all of you and keep in touch :)

Beachgirl
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Daylight savings is here... Did you throw a party or too tired from losing an hour of sleep. We don't ever spring forward or fall back here.

Namrata
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Teenagers are in that state of mind where they can easily believe on any one and can even ruin their life and depression is one of the common stuff that you will find in every single teenager, so it is very important to be their with them and try to understand their state of mind which will definitely show them new path towards positivity.

Thanks

tmays
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Good to hear you guys are doing well. I must admit the longer days do energize me :tongue:
Beachgirl where are you that they don't spring forward or fall back? I thought that was just in AZ and not a lot of beaches there lol!

trackstar
05-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey everybody, How's everyone doing? I'm doing real good hence the reason I have not been good at checking in. Busy, busy busy these days. I'll try and stop by more often and hope everyone is doing great :P

squirt
06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey everybody, How's everyone doing? I'm doing real good hence the reason I have not been good at checking in. Busy, busy busy these days. I'll try and stop by more often and hope everyone is doing great :P

I know what you mean :tongue: Good to hear from you and great to hear you are doing so well. I'm doing great as well. Hey Tmays it's almost the longest day of the year so I bet you are happy :D

tmays
06-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Yesterday was the longest day of the year and I loved it and am loving the longer days in general. How's everyone else doing?

jhon01
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi
I have had depression and anxiety problems my entire life. I am currently... just to drive to the nearest pharmacy.
Thanks!

Beachgirl
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Yesterday was the longest day of the year and I loved it and am loving the longer days in general. How's everyone else doing?

How come the days are longer but it seems like my time is shorter :cry:
Hope everyone is feeling great and enjoying your summer.

Psychic24
07-22-2010, 05:42 PM
My depression is my failures...since childhood I have face hardships, my parents always fought with each other in my childhood when I reached my teens it come to divorce....these were my golden days of learning and character...I had a good character..but my parents always asked for more from me...they were never happy with my progress...

eventually things got worse and I grew depressed, never been acknowledged to, losing school friends one by one till become alone...no one to talk to...I resented school...in my college days I was pretty messed up financially and now am standing here...to this point writing it down...with 2 years of my life wasted...I'm pretty much screwed in the head.

blazer45
07-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Teenagers are in that state of mind where they can easily believe on any one and can even ruin their life and depression is one of the common stuff that you will find in every single teenager, so it is very important to be their with them and try to understand their state of mind which will definitely show them new path towards positivity.

Thanks

I agree with Namrata parents' guidance is really needed during their kids’ teenager period. In this stage many changes and problems that they going to face and if their not guided will they may be lead to wrong path or experience depression. Many teenagers are committing suicide because no one is guiding them.

tmays
07-28-2010, 06:21 PM
No doubt thaqt lack of guidance is a big part of the problem!
The good news is that there are options like CBT out there that enable you to help yourself and overcome your past problems :D

spirowilliam
08-05-2010, 09:21 AM
In the depression person can things about the negative side and not take a part in any activity due to lack of the confidence. As the solution person has start the exercise as the Yoga because it helps to control on the thoughts, stress and hyper tension. Another thing is that keep your mind into the different activities which you likes more.

stanelyshane
08-21-2010, 11:01 AM
In most of the cases there is possibilities of the stress, worries and depression. In any mental sadness there is require to control on the thoughts. So, you should require to start the exercise as Yoga which help to control on the thoughts and increase the concentration power. Another thing is that you should keep mind into the activities which you like most.

Beachgirl
08-28-2010, 04:14 PM
No doubt that yoga is helpful, but to make progress you need cbt exercises like The TEA form which help you learn how to turn your thinking around so it is less anxiety and stress provoking. Once the new ways of thinking start to take hold they not only relieve the anxiety and depression they keep new episodes of anxiety and depression from coming back :)

markdilon
09-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Signs and symptoms of depression are many and varied. If you feel you are depressed, you should definitely seek the professional services of a physician or a psychiatrist. There are different types of chemicals or depression and the situation which really should be diagnosed by a professional who can help you move forward.

trackstar
09-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Anyone else notice a few replies here are followed by links to meds like Valium or debt relief? New kind of spam?

tmays
10-06-2010, 03:57 PM
No doubt that yoga is helpful, but to make progress you need cbt exercises like The TEA form which help you learn how to turn your thinking around so it is less anxiety and stress provoking. Once the new ways of thinking start to take hold they not only relieve the anxiety and depression they keep new episodes of anxiety and depression from coming back :)

Well said Beachgirl, I am in total agreement :D

tmays
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone else notice a few replies here are followed by links to meds like Valium or debt relief? New kind of spam?

Good point Trackstar.... Probably is a new form of spam.

Beachgirl
10-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Well said Beachgirl, I am in total agreement :D

Thanks! And I think that is a new kind of spam Trackstar. Good call

mickyjashuas
10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
In the Great Depression of the negative things people can not take any active part of the reason is lack of confidence. People as the solution started yoga because it helps control theory, the pressure and ultra-tight. Another is to let you enjoy different activities to more of your thoughts.

bobwilliam
10-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, there are races and competitions of people to get the achievements in short time. They all have straight teeth and perfect eyesight. Arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, depression, schizophrenia and cancer are absolute rarities for them. So, there is required to control on the thoughts and it is possible by the meditation exercise.

simonshopes
10-30-2010, 12:13 PM
According to my point of view i think that There is no doubt that yoga is beneficial, but to make progress you like tea in the form of CBT need to exercise to help you understand how your thinking about, it caused less anxiety and stress

tmays
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
According to my point of view i think that There is no doubt that yoga is beneficial, but to make progress you like tea in the form of CBT need to exercise to help you understand how your thinking about, it caused less anxiety and stress

Nop doubt this is true. Before I started doing the TEA form exercise I was lost and stuck in the same circular thoughts that made me miserable. Once I started countering my thoughts in the TEA forms I was able to interupt the cycle and begin to feel better in the matter of months, which was awesome considering I had been trying meds and other therapies for years with very little success.

Beachgirl
01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Nop doubt this is true. Before I started doing the TEA form exercise I was lost and stuck in the same circular thoughts that made me miserable. Once I started countering my thoughts in the TEA forms I was able to interupt the cycle and begin to feel better in the matter of months, which was awesome considering I had been trying meds and other therapies for years with very little success.

Good points and jibes with my experience as well. Once you get a handle on doing the TEA forms you can turn things around in ways you never imagined. It takes dedication but the payoff is well worth the hard work.

squirt
05-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Good points and jibes with my experience as well. Once you get a handle on doing the TEA forms you can turn things around in ways you never imagined. It takes dedication but the payoff is well worth the hard work.

I completely agree with both of you and it gets easier once you are over the hump too :)

Beachgirl
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes it does :)

marsgirl
08-19-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm going to give CBT a go - it really sounds like its worth a try!! I've heard a lot of positive results from ppl, including a close friend of mine who suffers serious depression and has not had any luck with medication. It seems a logical way to overcome anxiety and depression...working on our thought patterns. Wish me luck...marsgirl x

Beachgirl
08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm going to give CBT a go - it really sounds like its worth a try!! I've heard a lot of positive results from ppl, including a close friend of mine who suffers serious depression and has not had any luck with medication. It seems a logical way to overcome anxiety and depression...working on our thought patterns. Wish me luck...marsgirl x

Good for you marsgirl! Work hard on countering your thoughts in the TEA forms and I think you will feel a lot better soon. I won't wish you luck though girl.... Because there's no luck in CBT :) Do the exercises and you are highly likely to succeed!!!

michale22
09-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behaviour, feelings and physical well-being.Depressed people may feel sad, anxious, empty, hopeless, helpless, worthless, guilty, irritable, or restless.

Beachgirl
09-04-2011, 08:34 PM
How's it going Mars? Let me know if you have any questions :)

squirt
10-26-2011, 07:23 PM

Hi Mars,

How are you doing? I hope you are having success :)

VincentNew
11-20-2011, 08:51 AM
If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail!

Beachgirl
12-05-2011, 05:33 PM
If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail!

Off topic but still funny :)

trackstar
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Can we get back on topic and lose all the philosophical sayings???

nowglad
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I am really happy for you tmays. Like you, I am challenging myself to shift my way of thinking. While my mind has amazing power of focus, I have to make a conscious effort to shift my spectrum of thinking. By getting fixated in a positive mindset, I can overcome things I would have considered difficult in the past. My thoughts and emotions have the potential to carry me to new heights on a daily basis.

Beachgirl
02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Can we get back on topic and lose all the philosophical sayings???
Amen to that!!

Beachgirl
02-03-2012, 03:48 PM
I am really happy for you tmays. Like you, I am challenging myself to shift my way of thinking. While my mind has amazing power of focus, I have to make a conscious effort to shift my spectrum of thinking. By getting fixated in a positive mindset, I can overcome things I would have considered difficult in the past. My thoughts and emotions have the potential to carry me to new heights on a daily basis.

Hi Nowglad,
Great stuff, but remember CBT is different than just a positive outlook in that it is based on objective thinking (which tends to be more positive) but you have to believe what you are writing as your counter thoughts in your TEA forms for them to become programmed as your new way of thinking. EX: Saying I'm not fat to yourself if you are overweight is different than that saying I'm a few pounds overweight now, but with exercise and better eating habits I will likely lose all of my extra weight soon.

trackstar
02-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks for posting nowglad. If I can do it i know you can too :)

Beachgirl
02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
I feel the same way Nowglad... If I can do it anyone can :)

squirt
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Amen to that!!

No doubt and good to see we are back on track with the exception of that one spam post that got through?

MainerMikeBrown
03-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't recommend not taking meds if you have serious issues with depression.

Maybe some people with depression are able to avoid having to take meds. Maybe. But some people need meds and can't get much better without it.

trackstar
03-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't recommend not taking meds if you have serious issues with depression.

Maybe some people with depression are able to avoid having to take meds. Maybe. But some people need meds and can't get much better without it.

I don't think anyone here was recommending stopping meds but rather learning more effective coping skills that very may lead to getting off of meds completely like I and others nhave successfully been able to do despite doctors telling us we'd always need to be on meds.

lorettajeni
03-22-2012, 03:53 AM
Depression is nothing but another kind of disease but this disease can be killed by maintain urself cool and realx, as far as to me i do this way..thank You

trackstar
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Depression is nothing but another kind of disease but this disease can be killed by maintain urself cool and realx, as far as to me i do this way..thank You

This is much more easily accomplished with the use of CBT tools like the TEA form etc.

tinabeena
05-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Hello All,
Newbie here..
Are there any books other than Sam Obitz that are helpful with learning TEA forms?
Thanks for all and any help =)

Beachgirl
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I would think most of the recent CBT books would also use it now. Hope that helps you :)

trackstar
05-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Hello All,
Newbie here..
Are there any books other than Sam Obitz that are helpful with learning TEA forms?
Thanks for all and any help =)

Not sure but I think Beachgirl is right that most newer CBT books probably have them in there now.

Sentao
06-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi there,

Depression can be very debilitating, but this is only if you give it power. Often, depression stems from bad thoughts which you have to learn to change otherwise it will be very difficult to move on with your life.

trackstar
06-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi there,

Depression can be very debilitating, but this is only if you give it power. Often, depression stems from bad thoughts which you have to learn to change otherwise it will be very difficult to move on with your life.

Exactly! Well said and nice to meet you Sentao :)

Sentao
06-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Nice to meet you too :)

Beachgirl
06-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi there,

Welcome Sentao!
Are you really in Dubai? That seems like a really cool place to live.

tinabeena
06-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Thank you for your responses
I have bought the Sam orbitz book ( which was a nice read) and I just was wondering how to do the TEA forms
I know it seems self explanatory but I don't get what thoughts I am working on, a thought of the moment? One from that day? Random ones that I remeber? Are u doing the sane ones day?
I'm sorry to be annoying I just can't find a CBT group in NYC that helps with this stuff.
Thanks in advance for all and any help.

cat eyes
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I have bought the Sam orbitz book ( which was a nice read) and I just was wondering how to do the TEA forms
I know it seems self explanatory but I don't get what thoughts I am working on, a thought of the moment? One from that day? Random ones that I remeber? Are u doing the sane ones day?
I'm sorry to be annoying I just can't find a CBT group in NYC that helps with this stuff.

R u looking for a cbt place where u can learn one on one? In NYC?

Beachgirl
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM

Hey Tina,

I answered in more detail on another thread. Hopefully you'll get a notification on that thread and it will be helpful. Let me know?

trackstar
07-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Nice to meet you too :)

Thanks Sentao :)

Beachgirl
08-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Sentao,
If you are still around I would love to hear more about you and Dubai. Heard and read a lot about it and really fascinated by it.

Beachgirl
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Sentao,
If you are still around I would love to hear more about you and Dubai. Heard and read a lot about it and really fascinated by it.

One more shout out to you Sentao. Hope you get this message :)

trackstar
10-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Just checking in. hope everyone is well!

Beachgirl
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Good to hear from you trackstar and thanks for checking in. I'm doing great and had a wonderful Thanksgiving. How about you and everyone else?

trackstar
01-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm doing great, thx. Had a nice break over the holidays and enjoyed the time with family and friends. How about you?

Beachgirl
01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm doing great, thx. Had a nice break over the holidays and enjoyed the time with family and friends. How about you?

Doing better than ever thanks for asking :)
Hugs!!!

trackstar
05-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Good to hear. I am also doing great! Will try and update you more later :)

Beachgirl
06-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Good to hear. I am also doing great! Will try and update you more later :)

That would be awesome. Always love hearing your updates :)
Are you still doing your TEA forms and if so how often these days?
Keep smiling!!!

Elisa_jones
07-25-2014, 07:35 AM
What I believe is that, so many people, not just teenagers claim to be depressed when they are really just unhappy about how their life is or they are sad. Depression can be varied in its severity between different people, however depression is much more than than some people claim. I think we now live in a society that needs a reason for something and medical professionals are far too quick in labeling people. Also there are some indication or rather say signs that parents may notice. Irritation, Changes in appetite, significant weight gain or loss, loss of interest in sports or activities they were like to do.If you found your teen is depressed ask for referral to mental health, superdrugsaver health adviser suggests you to ask for local mental health support, tips and go to the clinic or hospital, friends, clergy, support groups.

Beachgirl
01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
That would be awesome. Always love hearing your updates :)
Are you still doing your TEA forms and if so how often these days?
Keep smiling!!!

Happy New Year everyone!