PDA

View Full Version : Flight on sunday! Help

marrymoo
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm going on a 4 hour flight Sunday morning, I normally love flying but now I'm a nervous wreck.. Any tips in keeping calm???

lizzie
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
What are you worried about pacificly x X

dazza
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
What are you worried about pacificly x X

She might not be flying across the PACIFIC? :-P

anxious123
10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm going to start calling u miss auto correct lol ;)

AceParadox
10-24-2012, 03:15 PM
You'll be fine. I thought the same thing when I was taking on my 17 hour international, overseas flight to Tokyo few weeks ago. I was like "oh god....this one will be the end of me." at first, but then I was like "Wait a feckin second here. I loved flying as a kid. and I loved the flight when I went to Tokyo 6 years ago... Why should I be afraid now. You know what, f*ck you anxiety. This isn't who I am or was. I'm gunna enjoy this flight and vacation." and off I went. First flight was 4 1/2 hours to Los Angeles. I just watched TV on the monitors that are infront of you on the seat, then listened to music on my ipod. Flight attendant came by and asked "Need anything to drink?" and I asked for a cup of hot water , because i brought chamomile tea with. Even though I wasn't feeling anxious I thought I'd best be prepared, so I sipped that down. Got to los angeles then transfered to the Tokyo flight.

1 cup of chamomile tea upon getting on, and that lasted the whole time. Watched movies and played video games on the monitors infront of me. Listened to music, "napped" a bit, made eyes at the cute japanese girl across from me. I just didn't think of being anxious, I thought of what I'd do when I got to my destination.

You'll be ok :]

marrymoo
10-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you ill deff give it a go! Wish me luck I'm going to need it

blondie33
10-24-2012, 08:02 PM
What helps me when I fly is I watch movies on my Ipad with headphones. For some reason the headphones block out everything & it allows me to completely focused on what I'm watching. It also helps me when my anxiety is really bad at home. I will watch movies on my laptop.

l1n7
10-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Have a safe trip Marrymoo.

trinidiva
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Just got back from a flight to Trinidad. I did have to take some xanax, but I put on my headphones, found an easy listening/meditation channel, put my head down and relaxed. I survived!!!!!