PDA

View Full Version : Bp

nicole123x
10-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Has anyone's blood pressure increased since suffering with anxiety? Mine has been great all my life, and it's suddenly increased!! It's now 130 odd ..

firefly06
10-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I think mine actually went down, might be the meds though. It's still in normal range though, I believe. Plus BP actually fluctuates throughout the day randomly anyways. Hope that helps :)

jmar1116
10-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I know but pulse goes up now every time I get it checked because my over thinking gets the best of me and causes it to increase

AceParadox
10-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Last time I checked, mine was pretty high. It's always been high. But I used to drink tons of caffiene. I only really drink one can of pop a day if any since anxiety though. Caffiene seems to stimulate the anxiousness. I should really just buy caffiene free pop x.x

My gaming habit keeps my blood pressure pretty high though as well.

defmunel
10-20-2012, 09:22 PM
I went to the dr once who said my Bp was high. Somewhere like 130/90. I was a nervous wreck. I tried to tell her it was my anxiety, but she wouldn't listen. I hated that dr. She never let me speak, and never took my feelings seriously. I decided to buy a bp cuff and record it myself. Just as I thought. Good numbers. Around 115/78 or something like that. I got a new dr. I explained to the scheduling nurse my fear of dr and bp. Hey were so kind about it, and never talked about it with me. I gave her my recordings and she was impressed by the numbers. Sometimes when I go it's high, an sometimes not. But I always have HIGH pulse rate. My dr never talks about it with me unless I ask her. I just know myself now. It doesn't matter if it's a dr for me, my son, my husband or the dentist or a hospital. Any sort of medical facility gets me uptight.

Shepard
10-21-2012, 03:03 AM
My usual BP is between 127/75-127/85, but if I'm anxious it goes up to 145/85. I also have white coat syndrome, when I'm at a doc or hospital its 150/90 and up.

nicole123x
10-21-2012, 04:09 AM
I've been to doctors just say 4 times and my Bp has been up, about 132, and just say 2 other times I've been to doctors it is 119, 123! They just said it was my anxiety but I'm Gettig worried x

dazza
10-21-2012, 04:21 AM
I'd be worried too. I'd need absolute proof and evidence.

Main causes of high bp:

Smoking
Being overweight or obese
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
Stress
Older age
Genetics
Family history of high blood pressure
Chronic kidney disease
Adrenal and thyroid disorders

How you measure or address the above is up to you.
You could start by reducing salt intake to a bare minimum... and exercising if you don't already.

Your high bp probably IS stress related, but you should get thoroughly checked nonetheless.

nicole123x
10-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Doctors say it's not high it's just raised slightly but nothing to be worried about, every time I get it taken I feel anxious for example I was in hospital chatting to my consultant wondering what was going to happen on this day.. They took my Bp and asked if I was anxious and I said yea and they said that's what's caused it to raise! So anxiety can't cause it to raise ?

dazza
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Yes, stress can raise blood pressure... but you need to be made aware of other, far more serious reasons which can cause it, that's all.

I'm not trying to scare you, we need to be vigilent about our health and sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between anxiety related issues and REAL issues.

I worry that people who end up blaming EVERYTHING on anxiety might actually get it wrong from time to time and so I try to take a broader approach to my posts.

nicole123x
10-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes I understand, but I highly doubt that it could serious hence my young teenage age ?!