PDA

View Full Version : Leaving School because of Anxiety sucks.

jazmyn.haas
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
I have to leave school early all the time, and it drives me insane. I'm a high schooler, mind you. That means tons of homework. That means more stress. That means more anxiety and depression issues..

I almost made it today... SO... CLOSE.... but let me tell you, it's really hard to survive on an hour's worth of sleep with a crazy stomach, a headache, and bad thoughts. :/

Peppermint
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
I had to do that sometimes in high school, but I'd bargain with myself that I'd do an extra hour or so of homework that night so that I wouldn't be beating myself up so much for it.

Amr
10-16-2012, 11:02 PM
same here I Failed my last year in school, i was supposed to enter university this year but i couldnt cause i failed am currently repeating my exams. i didnt go to school for 3 months all Because anxiety and ptsd :/ you're not alone.

Leyi-Kathleen
10-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Me too :-( Had to keep leaving class because of the anxiety (bad avoidance technique but I felt so out of control), missed loads of school. Have you talked to your teachers/ the school about it? My school was really supportive and understanding, gave me extra time for studies etc. which made so much of a difference to the stress caused by lots of homework on top of anxiety. Anxiety is a real and recognised problem, your school will most likely be understanding - you don't have to suffer this without support!