PDA

View Full Version : Prozac questions 6 mo in?

singledad22
10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Hello everyone!

I take prozac 20mg and omeprazole 20mg every day (anxiety and reflux). I also believe I have fibromyalgia, maybe IBS. (some family history of both).

Lately I've been a little bit dizzy from time to time (not terrible, but annoying). I've been doing this combo for about six months or so. I have my anxiety mostly under control now, but I still have my moments (Don't we all....) I've also noticed at times my eyes want to go cross-eyed and it takes a little effort to keep my vision "normal". I seem to be okay in other regards, I sleep okay, I seem to be able to get through my day (I am tired at night, but I'm used to getting up at 7:30am.) I seem to have REM sleep, including some horrible things, and some fun things. (One time I was so pissed off at my dream that I decided to start flying to scare everyone off.)

Under the advice of a doc I've added a multivitamin and extra magnesium. I don't have any bloodwork to back up this need (normal reports about six months ago), but I've been reading how vitamin and mineral levels can be messed up. Started last night. Was a smidge keyed up this morning... but mornings are challenging for me anyway lately. For some reason if I can sleep in it doesn't seem to be so bad. (But can't on work days, etc).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone experiences these things with prozac so far into taking it, and if vitamins/mineral supplements help or make things worse for anyone. I've heard B-complex can make anxiety worse, but magnesium can make it better.

Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks!

firefly06
10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I can't say for sure, but I know an Epsom salt bath can get me through a really high anxiety day because of the magnesium in it, but it might just be a placebo effect because I read that it helps and so it does. Either way, I'll take it haha