PDA

View Full Version : I feel crazy...

jessicab
10-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I know that nothing is happening to me. I know my symptoms, such as my throat feeling like its closing up, is the panic. Yet I can't stop panicking! I keep thinking there has to be something wrong with my throat. That this wouldn't happen over nothing. Anyone else a prisoner to their own mind?

pnklily
10-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I am I cant stop thinking im gonna die

lady-d73
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I can't stand feeling likes this. I think that I'm either dying or going crazy.

jessicab
10-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Have either of you found anything that works? Either of you have the same throat response?

pnklily
10-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Yea I have the throat thing all the time I usally try and watch movies or do something to take my mimd off it

sarah7
10-07-2012, 05:33 PM
I have this too I don't know what to do about it I get pain in my throat horrible feeling ithink you just have to do something to take your mind off it
I know it's hard

jessicab
10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I do try to distract myself but I can't seem to stop the irrational thoughts. I don't want to just cope with the symptoms, I want then to stop!

inzombiac
10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I have this too I don't know what to do about it I get pain in my throat horrible feeling ithink you just have to do something to take your mind off it
I know it's hard

Only thing that helped me was Ativan.

Buttercup
10-08-2012, 03:15 AM
I used to get all the typical symptoms of anxiety- the really horrible physical ones where you think you are going to die. But I went to see a psychotherapist and started on beta blockers (along with the SSRI I had been taking) and now I am symptom free and my mind is in a much better place as well. Only time I experience anxiety now is in situations where it's "normal" and expected. have you guys tried talking therapies or meds?

jessicab
10-08-2012, 05:03 AM
I started seeing a psychologist just the past thurs. i want to try that before I start taking meds. I have been prescribed Paxil, but was nervous to take it.