PDA

View Full Version : The verdict has arrived today.. begin re-planning a once fully planned life. yay

Enduronman
09-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I had been waiting for this response to arrive as my initial claim request was filed in July. It arrived, denied benefits of any sort. Alright!! YES!! This is exactly what I wanted, needed, required to happen. Another new challenge has suddenly smacked me in the face yet again. The Social Security Admin does make alot of clear, precise, factual points in their denial letter. I am not 100% disabled, that is true. I am not incapable of doing another type of job or lighter duty work, that is true. The key things that they seemed to have overlooked is the fact that I have been in the construction business for 30 years, and know about no other sort or type of business or skills. Nor do I even have a HS diploma. When I bought this home it was 1998 and I moved into it on Fathers Day. How significant. Now, it is the Father that will be forced to sell it too. Perfect. I was obviously younger then and running a business that was grossing near $400,000.00 a year at that time. Now, I can't even expect myself to perform physically for anymore then 4 hours a f**kin day and I have no idea what the following day is even going to be or feel like until I awake as many days I have awoke and couldn't even walk. WTF!

OK, so lets see? If I can only work 20 hours a week MAX on a good week, with NO physical disability, and NO weather occurances or events that prevent me from being outdoors then I wonder if its feasable to live here with expenses of over $3,500.00 a month?...HMMM,..lemme think? NO!.. None of this is going to even be remotely possible, and that is my new directional and sudden shifted changes. Anybody wanna buy a 160 year old Greek Revival house?.. Make ya a good deal!! 5bd, 2 full bath, Lr, Fr, Dr, Kit with fancy shit in it (that I didnt even want) solid brick walls with NO insulation (very efficient) and 11ft ceilings! Hell I'll even throw in the 7 f**kin cats runnin around here (of my daughters) too!!...Lets make a deal!!

(sigh)...wtf

e...:/

buckeyegirl
09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Sending you good thoughts and lots of good vibes. I'm religious so ill throw some prayers your way too. Can't hurt. :)

TheWhiteRabbit
09-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Appeal their decision! Can't hurt to try my friend. Sorry you are going through this. :-(

AceParadox
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Aye, I hope things take a turn for the better. I agree with above, it can't hurt appealing could it? Perhaps they could be made to see reason :/

Chiliphil1
09-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Agreed with above, it is said that most people are DENIED disability on their first application.

Get yourself an attorney who handles these cases, try again and hey, if you get it not only do you get a monthly check, you get back pay!

owl
09-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Appeal their decision! Can't hurt to try my friend. Sorry you are going through this. :-(

I agree with this! You deserve a second shot. Try it.

Best of luck to you, Enduronman!

Enduronman
09-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Unfortunely their key points are valid. I am not 100% disabled, I can do light duty work as they say, I can do most everything that they state. They also consider 4 hours a day 'substantial work'.. Even though its limited, and i never know what my body is capable of until the next day. They also consider $1,010.00 a month 'substantial income'.. whatever, I spent 3 years, and 1 month, wrapped up in the (system) for some reason or another since Jan, 2006. its only been 6 years and 9 months total since that time in my life. i do not have the energy to combat this denial at the moment and if I did then it would take years for an answer, that i do not have to give..

I accept what it is, and have already started organizing the house for viewing and showing. My physical body is done and will allow me no more then it already give me to succeed.

Thsi house will now be marketed and sold. I do not even plan to tell my closest GF because she was out shopping for a condo for a few weeks before it was ever mentioned to me so she'll figure it out on her own when she sees the ForSale sigh in my yard..then I'll explain it if she even ask me too..

I cant change this suddenly and immediately like I could everything else in this f**ked up body.

I'm fine friends, and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers but I must just move on...

e-man.

AceParadox
09-28-2012, 12:46 AM
:/

We're here for ya if you need us, buddy.