PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this!

thinkpositive
09-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Been suffering from panic attacks for about 2 years now. They come and go. Seen to have almost manic episodes when a big life ever happens. Like right now my dad is missing and he has a warrant out for his arrest. I was at work last night and I suddenly get clammy, dizzy, tight chest pounding heart and feeling like I'm going to die. I've been better about breathing through these episodes. I immediately started crying and then had the shakes after. Today I'm having anxiety as well. I feel like I'm constantly obsessing over how my blood sugar is (I think bc hypoglycemia has the same side effects) I don't know I'm taking Zoloft have been for 2 years now I exercise and am seeing a therapist agin....help?!

Enduronman
09-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Well, you are taking steps in the right direction but obviously (zoloft) isnt the correct chemical to prevent high anxiety or panic attacks and quite frankly and honestly it was never designed for nor known for its effectiveness in that regard..

Help?.. What is the question for the forum?

Also, are you male or female if I may ask because I NEVER KNOW!! LOL!

E-Man.

AceParadox
09-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I agree with E-man here. Zoloft wasn't specifically designed to combat anxiety. I think it's more for depression if I remember correct. I'm sure your doctor will help you find one that will work well for you :] There's many, some work differently for others, it may take some time to find the right one. I don't know much of medications other than from what I read here in the forums, I self medicate.

I met a guy on a game last night whose characters name was "Klonopin", and after greeting and acknowledging a fellow anxiety sufferer, he told me about how when he was diagnosed with a panic disorder, his doc prescribed Klonopin for him and it worked right away for him, so well in fact, he named his main character that he plays after it.

So you may get lucky and whatever medication you get may work for you right away. Anyway, I wish you luck in your recovery from this annoying little disorder. :D Don't be shy to ask questions either. No matter what it is.

trinidiva
09-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I take Zoloft along with Buspar for anxiety....but I don't have any issues with depression...it seems to work for me....but perhaps the Zoloft isn't right for you......it really can take some time to find the best combination that works for you...

thinkpositive
09-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback!! When I first started the Zoloft a few years back it took my anxiety away! My body must be too use to it. Zoloft actually treats depression, anxiety, OCD and PTSD! But it's main classification is antidepressant! So perhaps u guys are right and I need to switch it up! I'm a female by the way :) I think truthfully I make my anxiety worse because I'm a nurse! When I start to go in panic mode I automatically think of a hundred things it could be! I just hate at the time how it makes me feel like I'm going crazy :( Alcohol seems to make my anxiety worse! Anyone else?

AceParadox
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
I tend to get bored of drinking fast since anxiety came about. Now, I only do 1 or 2 shots of liqour and that's it. Smokin' the herb made it worse for me too, I think...

trinidiva
09-27-2012, 05:29 AM
When I started taking the SSRI and buspar, I stopped drinking completely. I was a social drinker before, but I was too nervous thinking about mixing alchol and prescription meds.

JG1982
09-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm with you on the alcohol makes anxiety worse, It depends if I have about 2 - 5 beers I feel ok my anxiety is calm , but if I party hard and have a all nighter I will feel like crap for the next 2-4 days, my anxiety will take over my body it seems, tight chest pains , light headed , and dizziness .. I've gave up alcohol for the past three months and have felt a whole lot better...