PDA

View Full Version : Always Nervous

Sunflower30
09-20-2012, 07:50 AM
I am always nervous. I have anxiety for the past 8 years. It went away for awhile but is now back and worse. I am scared to drive most offal. It's like it happened overnight. I feel sick in my stomach all the time. Sometimes I can't breath and feel shaky and scared of nothing. I am on meds. Started them 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions on how to get my life back. People around me think I'm nuts. They don't understand. Open to any advice.

dazza
09-20-2012, 05:35 PM
You have a DISORDER... and it's called ANXIETY DISORDER.

A condition where fears/worries are not properly rationalised, but rather they trigger fight or flight mode - a primitive reaction to danger.
The symptoms you experience are a result of this reaction.

Simples!

AceParadox
09-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Many people around us do not and will not ever understand. You ever see those old horror movie commercials that go "Do you know the meaning of fear?", I believe we anxiety sufferers are the only ones who can truly say, "Yeah. I do know the meaning of fear. Story of my life.". It takes time to get back to your normal life. Take a look at the stickies on this forum. There are success stories of people overcoming it, and they explain the method that worked for them. Just keep in mind, their method may or may not work for you. There are many different ones, and it may take a little bit of time to find the right one that works for you.

Recovery is always a possibility. If you can afford it, a therapist is a good way to get started. Keep researching online too, just don't fall for some of the 'Buy my book and I'll cure your anxiety in a week!" scams. :P