PDA

View Full Version : Derilization

quinn88
09-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Hiya,iam a male 24 years of age and suffer from anxiety and just wondered if anyone else has suffered derilization with high levels of anxiety,by that I mean nothing seems real ie:objects your surroundings also people seem weird like strangers and you feel detached fromfyourselfuhave it would be good to hear

blondie33
09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes I do & it's the worst symptom of anxiety for me. I just feel so weird

quinn88
09-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Don't worry it seems its quiet common,I had it when I was younger then it went away for about 7yrs and came back a few months ago,u on any medication for it?

AceParadox
09-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Indeed, I get this symptom as well, and it is very annoying. One time, I had anxiety through the night, and had a nightmare. I woke up and still had anxiety so I thought I was still dreaming. Everything felt unreal to me. That is until I got on my computer, called up a buddy on skype and got into a video game with him. Sometimes my vision gets kind of... like Tunnel vision like when this occurs. It's just one of the many tricks Anxiety has up it's sleeve to try and get us.

Anyway, It's common, so you're not alone :]

dazza
09-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Yes - I'd say one of the top 5 symptoms of anxiety.

Brain is busy working on your fears / anxieties and these take functional priority, therefore peripheral senses (vision, hearing, smell, touch) are not processed in the normal way.
The result is a feeling of detachment.

Scary but normal for anxiety.

daisy84279
09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I have that too. Sometimes this life, this world, almost seems like a movie, or sometimes I go as far as to think that I'm in sort of a fishbowl. I can see the world around me, but I just don't fit in to it. For as long as I can remember, I have always felt different from everyone else, and not in a good way. Like something is wrong with me. I feel like people look at me weird, like I'm an alien or something. I hate creeping this way because all it does is feed the thoughts that something is really wrong with me.

lsapphirel
09-20-2012, 11:29 PM
This always happen when im going up or the stairs or escalator. Id just pinch myself.

quinn88
09-21-2012, 09:28 AM
This always happen when im going up or the stairs or escalator. Id just pinch myself.

Do u not have it constantly?

lsapphirel
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
yes, it happens everyday.

charm429
09-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Are you talking about when you feel like you are here but your not really here it's weird hard to describe

jon mike
09-22-2012, 04:23 AM
It is a normal thing to happen through anxiety but it is horrible, the worst thing I've ever experienced to be honest. You don't need medication for it because its a natural occurrence in the brain. For me i didn't accept that I was on the earth, I couldn't accept that it was a rock spinning through space, couldn't accept the sky, clouds, air, colours, taste, sounds anything that my brain would find to freak the hell out of me. Let your anxiety levels reduce an it does go even though you may feel stuck in your own head it does go

quinn88
09-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Are you talking about when you feel like you are here but your not really here it's weird hard to describe

Yes like everything is a dream and u feel detached from your own body I've had it on and off since I was a kid affected my schooling scared the life out of me when I didn't know what it was