PDA

View Full Version : New here

Chrideng
09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Hello. I am new on here and looking for some friends and support. I have been battling anxiety for 3 years. I was taking Lexapro and doing well. I stopped taking it in November of last year. I was doing great until May and my anxiety came back and worse than before. I constantly think I am having a heart attack. I have been to the ER twice in 3 weeks and all tests were negative. I wore a holter monitor and that was negative. Can't sleep without taking a Xanax. I feel so sad. I don't want to take Lexapro again. Anyone beat anxiety without medication and could suggest some things I would be so grateful. I'm also hear to talk if anyone just needs someone to listen! Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

j2005
09-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Linden method was extremely valuable to me. Meditation has been key to much of my success.

I still have anxiety, but no where near the struggle it it once was...panic almost non-existent now.

orangeribbons
09-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Medication just seemed to worsen things for me. I panicked about the side effects of my antidepressants and just hated taking them. I liked taking Xanax, but then one day it seemed to backfire and made me MORE anxious. So I decided that I feel less anxious just not being on anything; just taking it as it comes and dealing with it.

falconlady
09-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Wow, orangeribbons! Your story sounds almost exactly like what happened to me except what backfired on me was klonopin. I don't take anything now except a natural supplement that has passionflower as the main ingredient. I have found CBT to be very helpful lately.

ILoveConorMaynard
09-16-2012, 01:31 AM
When I was 11 years old I suffered from bad anxiety. I had to go to a NHS Mental Health place where I had to see a therapist. She just used to talk to me about everything but somehow it made me better! Trust me, it worked.

If you can't sleep she taught me a technique. Lie in bed and think of one thing you can hear, see, snell and feel. Then think of two then three then four etc. Eventually your soo calm you wake up the next morning without realising you fell asleep!! Haha, might not work for everyone though but try it! :D hope this has helped.

Chrideng
09-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Thank you all so much! I will definitely take some of your ideas and try them. I'm here for anyone if you need anything.. Xoxo

jhunter89
09-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Hullo :)

Chrideng
09-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Hello :) !!