PDA

View Full Version : Ambien and Klonopin

sixinchheels
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Has anyone had any good or bad experiences mixing the two? I know everyone's body is different but it would be nice to hear some of your experiences. I'm 33 y/o and was told to take 1 klonopin 1mg one hour prior to bed and then 1 ambien 10mg 20 minutes prior to bed. Suppose to help relax me and put me to sleep. Just starting yesterday and today I'm feeling okay. A little "loopy" but I can function.

alankay
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Should be OK for both getting to sleep, staying assleep and less anxiety all the next day. Klonopin is a long acting benzo and ambien is a short acting non benzo(but works on the benzo receptors in the brain). If anxiety is keeping you from sleeping, I might just ask to try the klonopin alone and see if that helps. Always best to use monotherapy(using a single "best med" for the core issue) and seeing if that help things that may be related to that.
Neither is a giant dose and I'm sure it's safe and will lessen anxiety...........perhaps dramatically. Just pay attention to how it effects you for safety driving, etc, and if you stay "loopy" maybe take 1/2 klonopin at bed and 1/2 in the AM(if this is more for anxiety). More for sleep keep with all at bedtime. IMHO. Alankay

sixinchheels
09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the advice.