PDA

View Full Version : Constant Head Pressure

will_chase
03-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Has anyone had constant head pressure? Like your head is going to explode? I've had this for a couple years now. I am going to a Neurologist now and he says it will take a long time that my blood vessels in my head are inflamed. I am on several medications, which has helped, but I still feel the pressure daily, but not as intense now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this and what you are doing for / about it. It also makes me feel faint (sometimes).

Any ideas or help ?

jer_kel
03-20-2007, 11:35 PM
It could be migraine I often describe the feeling in my head as "if its going to explode". I would concur with your doctor - though I don't have any medical training just lots of personal experience - I often feel the constant pressure in my head and it can go on for a long time. When it's really bad I take Migravent. I don’t even need to consult doctor for that. It is as safe as or safer than all over-the-counter products available in your local pharmacy.

ButterflyGirl82
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
What sort of pressure?

I am going to see a neuro for the first time next week...I have seen my primary care doctor and he thinks my stuff is migraines or tension headaches. I had a CT scan in ER that was negative and they thought it could be migraines or tension...Combined with Anxiety/depression.

I'm on Imitrex currently.

The main pain I get sometimes is this pressure pain on the top left side of my head in what feels like a small spot. Sometimes it feels like something from the outside is pressing on a bone or something. It sometimes gets worse if I move my head a certain way.

I don't have vomiting, nausea etc. I did a couple months ago got a floater or two and then I see some dots here and there...Sometimes fast glowing ones sometimes black ....Sometimes I swear I see a few flashes at the corner of my eyes when I blink. Sometimes I briefly see a blue or red tint on things...

I hope my neuro can help, cause I cant stand this anymore.