PDA

View Full Version : people threatening me :(

Yanni
09-05-2012, 03:47 PM
so I wason facebook and one of my friends and I have an inside joke about "snitching" keep that in mind

This girl was tripped by some random girl and posted about it on facebook. A bunch of people were then posting their stories, so naturaully being hte easy going guy that I am I psoted "lindsey, don't snitch" and then a bunch of people jumped all over me and were like "dude we're oging to get people to beat the shit out of you you're a moron don't be such a retard"
One of them even threatened to drive to my house and beat me up.
My friend posted that it was an inside joke and that they needed to cut the shit, but I'm still like freaking out and these kids are going to find me and do bad htings to me because of a misunderstanding.

like I relaize they won't, but still.
it's not funny that they're promoting faceless aggression in the face of faceless aggression from one of their friends.

one of the kids just posted this
"you feel verbally hraassed on facebook? do you want me to drive and physically harass you?"
like I don't even know what to do.

Enduronman
09-05-2012, 04:08 PM
One of the MANY reasons I do not have nor use a Facebook. It is a (chronic external stress input) that my mind can not tolerate, see, view, read, think about, observe,..I do however know that NO ONE is coming to your house to physically assault you for words typed on a computer screen. If possible, remove your post, and also remove ALL of the people involved in this (1) public communication asap..

E-Man.

Yanni
09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I just can't calm down. I'm absolutely certain I'll delete my facebook after this. I just blocked the two dudes who were harassing me.
like the joke wasn't funny to others, but how the hell does that kind of reaction come from something so innocent.
Who are these people to suggest aggression and violence as solutions to unfunny jokes. It's like I turned into the bad guy in the situation when the bad guy should have been the girl who tirpped my friend.
what ind of sick twisted logic makes people go "okay. my friend got hurt, someone made a not so funny joke, HURT THEM THREATS BRAHHH VIOLENCE MUST BE DEALT WITH WITH MORE VIOLENCE"
I don't get it!

annalea(:
09-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Take no notice of it!
Empty threats thats all it is :)
However, defiantly report this to facebook!!
AnnaLea
Xxx

Yanni
09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
I went a head and filed a harassment complaint with facebook.
hopefully they'll listen.
I managed to block them, delete my comments from this status and at least sort of calm down.
I'm still pretty upset that two guys who are much bigger than me threatended to come find me and beat the crap out of me. one of them lives near me according to his facebook and the other one is the boyfriend of one of my friends.
I'm worried that I can never spend time with this friend again because of these two bullies who were being irrational and decided to pick on a defenseless kid on the internet.

Enduronman
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Facebook is a chronic stress input to those of us that struggle with high anxiety..no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It feeds our anxietal tensions to be overwhelmed with so much unnecessary knowledge of others lives. Best bet for those that don't realize that Facebook adds to your daily stress loads is to delete it for a week, then you'll see and feel what it is that I am preaching here..

Enduronman..

annalea(:
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Im sure they will!!
I love Facebook but theirs ALWAYS going to be some lowlife on there, making people feel scared and shitty! Im sure at some point you would have seen the pages "Dead babies are funny, Cancer is funny because people die and Death to British soldiers"
All of that is started by low lives who have nothing better do!
Take no notice, report and just relax!!
Ive been told numerous times by a girl, several times bigger than me, is going to beat the shit out of me and put me in hospital if she ever sees me around Basingstoke, i used to go to college in Basingstoke. Also, one of my mates was her boyfriend. Nothing! I even met her, not one comment, threat or infliction of pain towards me.
Trust me, these guys wont do a thing!!
If the very small chance that they do, call the police that you got attacked for no reason, you know the guys and names. Something would be done!

Just relax buddy! No one will do a personal attack on someone who has a personal joke with someone. To be honest, i don't even know why people reacted like that to your post, i don't see how it was a problem to anyone!

AnnaLea
Xxxx

jane
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I deleted my Facebook a year ago.. Everyone who truly wants to know me, keep in touch with me.., has my phone number. I agree Facebook is EXTREMELY anxiety provoking.... I'm much less anxious about things that really used to bother me.. Try and delete it for a week or 2.. What do you have to lose.. Fake friends.. And wasted time;)

Yanni
09-06-2012, 05:16 AM
I think I deal with it well for the most part. I didn't get angry (Which I don't usually do anyway) and I didn't start shouting, I just calmly told them they were being irrational and explained why. Then they started hurling swears and whatever at me.
I'm not even mad or worried anymore.
thanks guys :)

Jo Smith
09-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Yanni there are some strange people out there, and many who think such a reaction is ok. I can understand that some see facebook as unnessessary but Im a student who lives away from home, and alot of my friends have now left. I cant afford a phone contract and so sometimes social networks sites are my only way of communicating. I have also felt anxiety when ive made a comment and get a bad reply, but now ive learnt to stay away from any opinionated comments. I generally only have closer friends, but i have a few older friends who I like to catch up with ever so often. I think instead of deleting it, ive learnt to adapt to make it cause me no anxiety if that makes sense. I am glad that it wasnt around when i was younger though, you hear all the time about threats and bullying over these sites. I hope your situations resolves itself Yanni.x