PDA

View Full Version : Unsure of symptom

marcya
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Lately i have been having the following symptoms that I saw on this forum and I am concerned.

Chest

* Feel like you have to force yourself to breath
* Frequent yawning to try and catch your breath
* Heart – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat, palpitations
* Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough

I dont know if I have anxiety but I have the "fluttery heart feeling" ALL THE TIME. This has just recently started. I don't have many of the other sympoms that are listed. Has anyone else ever just experienced this and is there anything I can do?

kdanielle
03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
it very well could be anxiety but you really need to see your doctor to make sure thats all it is..i have all of those symptoms as well, i went to the doctor and they told me i have an irregular heartbeat, its beating to fast and palpitations and all that, so yesterday i seen a cardiologist, and i have to get an echocardiogram, and a holter monitor and they are gonna check my thyroids, if all that is fine then they said its just anxiety, but if you are healthy and have a healthy heart[as far as u know] then im sure its just anxiety, but like i said id go see your doctor just so you will know and you wont be worrying b/c before i knew that anxiety was my problem, it was so much worst b/c all i could do was worry about weather i was having a heart attack or dieng , but once you realize its just anxiety and nothing else you will feel much better

marcya
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
great, thanks. I have an appointment next week so we'll see. The weird thing is it just started on last saturday out of nowhere. It wasnt like I had it sometimes and it started getting worse, it just started from nothing. I just want to make sure my heart isn't going to explode!

Music_lover
03-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I've had that a lot too lately!! It feels like no matter how much I breathe or how deeply I still feel like I don't have enough air. My heart rate goes up and my breathing shortens like I'm hypovenalating (sp?) and I'm not sure what it is. I feel smothered too. Like, something is around my neck or too close to it and making me feel uncomfortable, but nothing is there. I guess it just is anxiety.

marcya
03-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Yayyy! im not just making it up!! I don't feel like it is a serious heart problem- thats why I got on this site, to see if this has happened to people who know they have anxiety. I guess I might! I feel like I could control it if I knew how, but I don't. It's really annoying. It goes on all day and it is really distracting me from my work.

kdanielle
03-15-2007, 04:16 PM
your welcome, but ALOT of people who have anxiety are like you, the first time they have an attack its just out or nowhere, thats how mine was, thats why i was like what the heck is happening b/c i had no clue about anxiety attacks