PDA

View Full Version : lack of concentration

Auron
02-25-2007, 05:18 PM
hello....recently I've been noticing certain symptoms, such as:

constantly having a look without expression, lack of paying attention, concentration, and remembering simple stuff because im simply off "in neverland" thinking of something else

I was wondering if anyone experience these symptons and if they are related to social anxiety

jitters
02-26-2007, 03:12 AM
They are related to anxiety in general, all your bodies resources are going into focusing on the anxiety and therefore you find it difficult to focus on anything else. Try to calm yourself and focus on one thing, such as your breathing.

Duncan

Lawo
02-26-2007, 04:37 PM
they are related, because every time you're in an anxious state, you're asking yourself those never-ending questions like "will they stare at me?", "what can happen?" etc. etc. all those questions distract your attention.
don't try to answer those questions or doubts, as you are not able to think logical in a state of anxiety. try to concentrate on something else.

ccgurl01
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I have had the blank look before. My sister comments on it every time saying, "Come are thinking your thought but not speaking it."

kdanielle
02-27-2007, 07:49 PM
i have did that one time.i was on the phone actually and for about a whole minute i just could not talk..i really didnt even move my head i just stared then i was like AMBER and i felt normal again

juliana
02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I feel like I'm in a brain fog most of the time -- except for when I'm intensely focused on a particular task that's using up my entire brain. So, I'm able to get my work done successfully at my job. Multi-tasking keeps me occupied and I'm focused while I'm doing that. When my mind is left even partially idle, however, it wanders and I space out.

I'm on medication now, but I know it's not just the meds. I have been like this for many, many years and I was drug-free for most of those years. My nickname in junior high school was actually Space-Biscuit. One day a friend just nudged me on the playground and I fell flat on my face. My explanation? I wasn't concentrating on standing up; I was thinking of other things. :roll: Anxiety and worry and stress -- all that stuff -- just uses up a whole lot of energy and occupies a large part of our minds.

I tend to walk past people without recognizing them on a regular basis. I actually walked past my own sister one day and didn't see her. She said I was looking right at her, but my mind was elsewhere.

myra
03-01-2007, 07:01 AM
I have found that doing puzzles in the eveing (such as word searches, sudoku, and crosswords) have improved my concentration somewhat during the day.

Stuff like that excercises the front part of your brain which can lead to better concentration.

stillfighting07
03-01-2007, 01:03 PM
boy I have had this a lot in my life, so bad I couldn't do anything.