PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Symptoms - The List

Pages : [1] 2 3

jitters
02-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Hi,

Having read a number of posts by new comers asking whether certain symptoms could be down to anxiety, I thought it might be good to list the different symptoms suffered by Anxiety sufferers. This comes from AnxietyCentre.com:

Common Anxiety Symptoms

Here are some of the many symptoms associated with anxiety disorder (because each person has a unique chemical make up, the symptoms and their intensity will vary from person to person).

The Member's area of this website contains explanations on what causes many of these symptoms and why they occur:
Body

* Burning Sensations throughout the body
* Chronic Fatigue
* Electric shock feeling
* Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax
* Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
* Feeling cold or chilled
* Hyperactivity, excess energy
* Increased or decreased sex drive
* Muscle twitching
* Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
* No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
* Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
* Persistent muscle tension, stiffness
* Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck
* Startle easily
* Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating
* The floor feels like it is moving either down or up for no reason
* Trembling or shaking
* Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom
* Warm spells
* Weak legs, arms, or muscles

Chest

* Chest pain or discomfort
* Concern about the heart
* Feel like you have to force yourself to breath
* Find it hard to breath, feeling smothered, shortness of breath
* Frequent yawning to try and catch your breath
* Heart – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat, palpitations
* Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough

Emotions

* Dramatic mood swings
* Emotional blunting
* Emotions feel wrong
* Frequently feel like crying for no reason

Fears

* A heightened fear of what people think of you
* Afraid of being trapped in a place with no exits
* Constant feeling of being overwhelmed.
* Fear of being in public
* Fear of dying
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others
* Fear that you are losing your mind
* Fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations
* Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
* Heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness
* Need to find nearest washrooms before you can feel comfortable
* Need to seat near exits

Head

* Dizziness or light-headedness
* Frequent headaches, migraine headaches
* Feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness
* Head, neck or shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
* Giddiness
* Shooting pains in the face
* Shooting pains in the scalp or head
* When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
* Sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache

Hearing

* Frequent or intermittent reduced hearing or deafness in one or both ears
* Low rumbling sounds
* Ringing in the ears, noises in the ears, noises in the head

Mind

* Desensitization, depersonalization
* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Feelings of unreality
* Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
* Having difficulty concentrating
* Obsession about sensations or getting better
* Repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’
* Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
* You often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders

Mood

* Always feeling angry and lack of patience
* Depression
* Feeling down in the dumps
* Feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike
* Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
* Frequently feel like crying for no apparent reason
* Have no feelings about things you used to
* You feel like you are under pressure all the time

Mouth/Stomach

* A ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’, or unusual smell or taste
* Choking
* Constant craving for sugar or sweets
* Constipation
* Diarrhea
* Difficulty swallowing
* Dry mouth
* Feeling like you can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in your throat
* Feeling like your tongue is swollen
* Frequent upset stomach, bloating, gaseous
* IBS
* Lack of appetite or taste
* Nausea or abdominal stress
* The thought of eating makes you nauseous
* Tight throat, lump in throat
* Vomiting

Sleep

* Difficulty falling or staying asleep
* Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
* Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
* Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
* Jolting awake
* Waking up in a panic attack
* You feel worse in the mornings

Sight

* Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
* Dry, watery or itchy eyes
* Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
* Eyes sensitive to light
* Spots in the vision
* Flashing lights when eyes are closed
* Your depth perception feels wrong

Touch

* Numbness
* Pain
* Tingling, pins and needles feelings

Other symptoms are described as:
Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:
• Having a heart attack
• Having a serious undetected illness
• Dying prematurely
• Going insane or losing your mind
• Harming yourself or someone you love uncontrollably
• Being embarrassed or making a fool out or yourself
• Losing control
• Fainting in public
• Not breathing properly
• Choking or suffocating
• Being alone

(NOTE: Each symptom is further described and explained in the Symptoms Demystifed section in the members area.)

These are some of the more common symptoms, but this list is certainly not exhaustive.

It is common for people to experience one or more of these symptoms. While some may experience them all others may experience only a few anxiety symptoms.
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

This list is not exhaustive, Feel free to add others. :)

Worriers of the World Unite!

Duncan

Mark1886
02-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey,

I also get twinges of pain in my fingers, mainly fingertips. Almost like someone has stuck a needle in my finger, very quick, very disconcerting.

jitters
02-23-2007, 02:34 AM
My thanks to shoe for locating the original home of this list. :)

myra
02-23-2007, 07:10 AM
I constantly grind my teeth, especially in my sleep!

designer
03-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the above list. Well put together.

juliana
03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I grind my teeth too Myra. I carry most of my tension in my jaw. I keep it very tight. I've been to doctors and dentists appointments where I'm asked to open my mouth and I'm always encouraged to open it further, but I can't. I just keep my jaw locked so tightly all the time. Every time I go to the dentist he has to grind off the edge of one of my front teeth. Between each 6 month visit, I manage to grind the edge of it down to a 45 degree angle. If I keep going at this rate, that tooth will be totally gone in 10 years. My molars are getting smaller by the day too. A bite plane isn't an option for me because I'm phobic about having something in my mouth all night. My panic attacks take the form of a choking sensation, nausea and an inability to swallow. Having a bite plane in my mouth brings on major panic, so I can't use one.

I also have nightmares about my mouth being closed so tightly and locked in such a position that opening my mouth will cause all my teeth to break off. It's no wonder I wake up in the morning with jaw pain.

myra
03-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I was actually thinking about getting some of those mouth guards that keep you from grinding your teeth in your sleep.

Couldn't hurt anything.

Deb24
03-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks so much for putting this list together, its amaizing how many symptoms I have that is on it! Makes me feel a bit better when I read them, so when my attacks come, I know its not life threating. I have a real bad fear of dying and of course I know im not sick etc, but still the attacks come, but good to know that they aren't going to make me die!!

Music_lover
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
i had this weird pressure feeling all over my body last night when i tried sleeping. i was laying there and all of a sudden i felt hevay pressure on me and i finally shot up in bed and gasped and i was shaking and couldn;t breathe well. is that form anxiety? i didn;t see it on the list. :(

Music_lover
03-20-2007, 12:50 PM
i forgot to add that my hearing went faint. like part of my ears were covered and everything seemed distant. i really hope it's just anxiety, but i don't know. anyone else have this?

SilverG
04-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Music_lover ive had something similar to that before !

I would be just resting and it would seem like i was practically asleep but slightly awake, but couldnt take back control of my body and i would get this strange rushing feeling and i would wake up in a gasp all freaked out !

Ive had it a few times only when im laying down or trying to get to sleep, anyone know what that is :shock: ?

Btw it only happened on a hangover, usually a bad one.. :?

SilverG
04-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Can any of the symptoms on the list actually hurt you phyiscally ?

Music_lover
04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
well i wasn't drinking but i was trying to sleep. i wish i knew what it was. but since then i don;t lay on my back anymore to try and sleep or to even rest.

i don;t think they can hurt you physically, like it can;t kill you, scare you very badly, but hurt? Hm.. i guess if you were doing somehting and had an attack and got into an accient i guess, but i'm only 15 so i've never had that. sorry i'm not much help

-holly

txmom
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh my god, that list makes me feel soooo much better.
I have a LOT of those things.
No wonder I'm such a hypochondriac; the symptoms of anxiety mimic the symptoms of many other serious illnesses.
I have thought I was dying so many times.
Not the breathing and heart attack scares for me, but definitely the digestive problems, IBS, etc. Sleep problems. Eating problems.
The head and neck pain, muscle stiffness, aches and pains all over, spots in vision, feeling like I'm floating, dizzy, losing my equilibrium, etc.
I've been convinced in the past that I had MS, AIDS, and several different kinds of cancer (not all at once, of course; different times).
It never turns out to be anything.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I truly am suffering from a full-blown anxiety disorder.
I hope I can get insured pretty soon, so I can see a doctor about it.

crazyme
04-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Here is my list:

Chronic Fatigue
Electric shock feeling
Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax.
Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
Feeling cold or chilled
Hyperactivity, excess energy
decreased sex drive
Muscle twitching
Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
Persistent muscle tension, stiffness
Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck
Startle easily
Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating
Trembling or shaking
Warm spells
Weak legs, arms, or muscles
Chest pain or discomfort
Concern about the heart
Feel like you have to force yourself to breath
Find it hard to breath, feeling smothered, shortness of breath
Frequent yawning to try and catch your breath
Heart – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat, palpitations
Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough
Tight chest, tight chest muscles
Dramatic mood swings
Emotional blunting
Emotions feel wrong
Constant feeling of being overwhelmed.
Fear of dying
Fear of impending doom
Fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations
Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
Dizziness or light-headedness
Frequent headaches, migraine headaches
Feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness
Shooting pains in the scalp or head
When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
Sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache
TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) - clenching of the jaw or grinding of the teeth
Low rumbling sounds
Ringing in the ears, noises in the ears, noises in the head
Desensitization, depersonalization
Fear of impending doom
Feelings of unreality
Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
Having difficulty concentrating
Obsession about sensations or getting better
Racing thoughts, Rapid thinking
Repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’
Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
You often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders
Always feeling angry and lack of patience
Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
Have no feelings about things you used to
Constant craving for sugar or sweets
Frequent upset stomach, bloating, gaseous
Lack of appetite or taste
Nausea or abdominal stress
The thought of eating makes you nauseous
Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
Jolting awake
Waking up in a panic attack
You feel worse in the mornings
Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
Dry, watery or itchy eyes
Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
Eyes sensitive to light
Spots in the vision
Flashing lights when eyes are closed
Your depth perception feels wrong
Numbness
Pain
Tingling, pins and needles feelings

Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these symptoms, I find myself worrying compulsively about:
• Having a heart attack
Having a serious undetected illness
• Dying prematurely
• Losing control
• Fainting in public
• Not breathing properly
• Being alone

TWYI
04-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Has anyone been temporarily disabled by a full blown attack?

Sitting on a bench miles from home (at work), trying to calm down, 10 mg valium taken 1 hour previously had done nothing which is a first for me (since 2002, lorazepam or diazepam ALWAYS got rid of them). Did I leave it too late? Or is this a worrying progression? I am now incredibly apprehensive about going to work and have not been since, about 10 days ago.

Tried to reassure myself by checking my pulse, only 90 bpm :roll: . Nothing wrong there then! I try and get up to walk home (bus stop) but I just can't do it, heart feels like it is going to leave my body through my mouth, legs fail to function and I nearly pass out.

Absolutely horrific feeling, made worse by having no credit on my mobile to call anyone :cry:. I was stuck there, physically unable to move

Got out of it in the end, but has anyone else been in a similar situation? How normal is it? Made infinitely worse as it was in the middle of a crowded street so lying down etc was not really an option.

Just thought I would post a new development in my fight of panic disorder, a relative inexperienced pup as I got my first episode in 2002.

JimmyB
04-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Yea, another couple of symptoms I've had:

Aching behind eyes
One pupil more dialated than the other (alternates/returns to normal)
Unstraight eye (points slightly outwards)

Anyone else had this?

barnettnetter
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh my, how many times this has happened to me. The problem with this is you start not wanting to go any place in fear of it happening again! You need to bring a small paper sack with you or cup your hands over your mouth and breath in through nose out throught mouth. This will stop the hyperventalation. I have had to do this while driving so I won't have a panic attack with my kids in the car while I'm at the wheel! When you get to this point you have to get tough with your mind and say "well, we are going to go out even if we panic through it. I have been out fighting off panic episoide after episoide like my mind is trying to be independent of me or something! I just cup my hands over my mouth (as silly as I feel) and breath in nose out mouth until I calm, then I go as far as I can until it plays itself out again( at first sometimes as quick as 5 min. later, but this will go away). Now I can go months with out episoide. If it comes on, sometimes it sneaks on and I think I'm really sick for a min., I just cup my hands and go on. It is hard to start this, but you don't want it to over come your life! You are prown to anxiety, think of it as IBS(my husband) or one limb(my father). You still have to live your life. I came on this site today because it snuck back in my life lately. I want to quit smoking because I feel crappy, so my mind decided to make me think I was getting hyperthyroid or cancer. This should've helped me quit, but instead it made me want to sneak out to my hiding spot and have more cigs. I didn't recognize the anxiety for a few days, then I realized I was just having a tricky anxiety attack. I came on to talk about it and feel better so I can once again slap my mind into shape!! She's a tricky little thing! I started wanting my husband to stay home from work with me in case I died while with the kids. lol I haven't been exercising lately, which I'll tell ya, really gets rid of anxiety and helps to limit the panic attacks. If you can get past the "what if I die when I exercise" part, then it really does the trick. That's why I want to quit smoking, so I will feel I have more control over myself. I hope this has helped you, don't give in to the mind monster, you are stronger. Keep going to forums, they really help. Strengh be with you, Mrs. Nervous:shock: :? 8)

06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Jitters,

Thank you so much for listing down the symptoms that could be anxiety...This will us here in the boards a lot.

Take care and God Bless!!!!

KillingTime
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I get only one main symptom and that's extreme nausea... to the point where five minutes in, I can't even talk because I feel like I will throw up.

I have a general feeling of nausea and upset stomach pretty much all day, but during panic it just gets extreme.

adamg
07-27-2007, 06:52 AM

Aching behind eyes

Anyone else had this?

Yes. I have. Ive also had both my pupils dilate to the point where you could barely see any iris.

I also occasionally get different colours in each eye like theres a filter over my vision. One blue-ish, one rose-ish. Especially in the morning. Anyone else get this ?

dorigen
07-29-2007, 06:30 PM
SilverG,

None of the symptoms will "harm" you. Annoying and uncomfortable yes.

Part of getting over anxiety is realizing that the symptoms can't hurt you. Once you realize that, you are less scared, and your anxiety is prevented from spiraling futher out of control.

babylove621
08-21-2007, 05:46 PM
im only 19 and i have many of these symptoms. I also worry about everything way too much and cant seem to control it.

BobaFett49
09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I usually get a mix of those symptoms in some form or another, but it doesn't stop after it's over. When I go through a catastrophic attack, something that on a scale of 1 to 10 probably registers at 400, it literally takes my body about a week to recover, because my system interprets it as an extremely traumatic event, more traumatic than say a car accident or something of the sort.

I also cannot believe how sensitive I am too the environment around me. Once about 2 years ago, when my mom re-did her kitchen, we had to take every single thing that wasn't bolted to the floor out of the kitchen. Me and her were sitting in the empty kitchen talking, and I got to the point where I could NOT sit still, just something about the lights and the glare off the floor was messing with my head bigtime.

cda33
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
This question is for women, please answer if you can. I have pain in my left arm, shoulder, it feels like my left breast hurts too. Anyone can relate to that??? Thanks

Capt-Hook
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Basically, every symptom ever.

RabidBadger
10-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Guys

My name is Chris and I've been a member for about six months now - although I have only just started posting on this site.

I have been studying the physical effects of anxiety for about 8 years now and if you ever want to know why your fingers tingle or you get indigestion, just drop me a pm.

Best of luck

Chris

The Melody of Rain
12-03-2007, 11:00 AM
The worst symptoms I receive are twitches, brainfog and a very strange condition I have come to call 'eye lock'. Its as if the muscles in my eyes tense up and I cant properly move them. At times they will dart about but there is no loss of vision. Oddly, wearing sunglasses seems to help...and thus I wear sunglasses a lot.

Alexcambridge
01-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Has anyone had joint pains? I have frequent twinges of pain in my left knee, elbows and wrists.

desiderata
01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
get joint pains! had a few weeks where they were really bad! at the moment ive een getting them in my hips

Be_Free_21
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I used to have jittering, nervousness, and extreme nausea. These were debilitating conditions in my life for years. It took quite some time and effort to get them under control, but I was finally able to do so.

The thing with anxiety attacks is that you have to realize that it is almost always self-created. That is, the symptoms that come with an attack cannot harm you. You may think they can, but in reality they cannot.

Confronting the causes of your anxiety is the first step to recovery.

valhug
01-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm so glad I found this forum. I have not been officially diagnosed, but my dr. feelsl anxiety/depressiong is what I have. Over 20 years ago, I had many of the symptoms that have been posted - numbing/tingling arms/legs, eye problems, weakness in arms/legs, etc. I was sent to a neurologist who though it could be MS. As time went on, and things didn't get worse, my dr. suspected it wasn't MS but a form of anxiety. I dealt with that for possibly a year. Then everything improved for 20+ years - no symptoms at all. In the last couple of months, a lot of the symptoms have come back - trembling, clenching jaw, numbness (not debilitating), aches in legs, headaches, etc. The dr. put me on anti-depressants as well as a relaxer. I am better as long as I take the relaxer, but the anti-depressants haven't helped at all yet. How long do most people's attacks last? Does this sound like something anyone else has experienced - with such a long time between attacks. Thanks!

Alexcambridge
01-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Can anxiety cause aching joints?

The Melody of Rain
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
To the best of my knowledge, no.

saskykitty
02-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Does anyone struggle to swollow? Or get a cold sensation over your head neck and down your spine? Or the feeling that you cant move.

Thanks

AlcoholAbuse
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
i forgot to add that my hearing went faint. like part of my ears were covered and everything seemed distant. i really hope it's just anxiety, but i don't know. anyone else have this?

I am no doctor, but I have had something very similar and my old doctor told me it was sleep paralysis.

I feel semi awake and it is impossible to move my body and it feels like I couldn't breath. It takes a little bit til I snap back to reality and it is entirely too frightening.

What helped me was paying attention to details after I woke up. For example this feeling always happened on my back but when I wake up I usually on my side. After noticing that I realized it was all in my head and I started noticing other things... like things in the room not being in the right spot in my dream. Good luck, hope this helps.

saskykitty
02-04-2008, 11:33 PM
WOW thanks, Yeah maybe before I start moving I will first notice the things in the room and wake up properly. :-)

How about struggeling with the swallowing?

AlcoholAbuse
02-05-2008, 12:34 AM
WOW thanks, Yeah maybe before I start moving I will first notice the things in the room and wake up properly. :-)

How about struggeling with the swallowing?

Absolutely. It gets to the point where I need to gasp for air. It is a really weird feeling and I jolt upward and grab the back of my head for some odd reason. I must look completely CRAZY to people.

saskykitty
02-08-2008, 05:24 AM
Why does everyone seem to get heart flutterings or pallpitations I dont. I get a whole bunch of other symptoms. Does anybody here not get the heart flutterings but the other symptoms?

AlcoholAbuse
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Why does everyone seem to get heart flutterings or pallpitations I dont. I get a whole bunch of other symptoms. Does anybody here not get the heart flutterings but the other symptoms?

Everyone is different. Anxiety is as unique as the person with it I guess.

Alexcambridge
02-08-2008, 10:47 AM

I am the same. Well, I do get a fluttering heart during anxiety attacks but I never worry about it. I have never thought I was going to die of a heart attack or anything like that, it just doesn't bother me. Everybody is different.

bluey
02-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh god!!! :roll: :D

Yeah i can put a tick next to quit a number of these symptoms..

I think for me the worst is how i channel the anxiety -

extreme mood swings
attatchment to a person
uncontrollable eating and under eating and over exercizing - leading to an eating disorder - bulimia and low self esteem
uncontrollable crying
sleepless nights
panic
not coping in certain new events and changes
seeing and feeling the worst in things and replaying any negative past

ron111
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
When people say that we have to come to an understand that our symptoms can't hurt us. What do you mean by that?

See I worry that my heart is racing and I'm putting extra work on my heart. What if I feel these symptoms almost constant throughout the day? Does that mean that my heart isn't really racing as long as I don't panic? Sorry just looking for reasurance. It's all about my heart with me.

bluey
02-15-2008, 12:30 AM
are you fit and healthy??

I think Bio feedback is good tho i havent used it myself.

ron111
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Yea, I probably run 20 miles a week and ride a bike quite a bit too. My resting heart rate is real low. 50 or lower. I prob do need bio feedback.

LemmycautioN
02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I have almost two dozen of those symptoms, the most predominant of which is lightheadedness and dizziness. This symptom has been constant for me in the last month and intensifies only when I panic. There are very few times during the day when I don't feel at least a little lightheaded or off-balance. The only time I feel completely normal - or at least not lightheaded - is when I'm driving.

pudinnpop
02-28-2008, 11:57 AM
The "breathing" attacks as mentioned above especially when one lies on the back COULD be sleep apnea,i was told this before myself as i suffer from this just prior to goin into a sleep..It feels like my brain just shut off,nd i take a big gasp of air.There are two tyopes of sleep apneas,ones called obstructive,the most common kind or the rare form is called central sleep apnea,which basically means ur brain doesnt get the signal across to the muscles that control breathing.I also suffer from anxiety panic and i find it intresting that this seems to be a common thread with some.Sleep apneas are just another possibility.Read up on both types maybe it can help some of u.But i truly belive anxiety causes the breathing attacks as well..I dont go thro the attacks everynight where i gasp for air only sometimes.SO that makes me belive i dont have a sleep apnea.

corbin
03-05-2008, 01:09 AM
how many people think there having a heart attack or stroke or somthin

Passionista
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Yep! Heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, embolism, brain tumor, you name it!!!

Music_lover
04-07-2008, 04:28 PM
im convinced i have a brain tumor and my best friend told me i don't and to stop worrying, if only she knew how hard i'm trying too! does anyone else feel like they are being a burden(sp?) and annoying to the people who try to stay by them with their anxiety? i do, and i feel like im just bringing her down and holding her back. :oops:

bobby81
05-04-2008, 07:20 AM
headaches, fatigue, aches and pains, general shaking, nausea (main symptom) retching

motif
05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
instead of posting such list shouldn't we just say: it's pretty much everything?
:P

My doc said anxiety can make you walk sideways...

xxkatxx
05-20-2008, 03:34 AM
WOW!! That list at the top is one long MF isnt it? Ive had EVERY symptom listed there over the years. Great fun innit?
:oops:

anx_taking_over_my_life
05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
WOw! This list is so helpful! I can try to start attributing my symptoms to anxiety instead of a horrible disease.

CryingDutchman
05-29-2008, 05:18 AM
I would be just resting and it would seem like i was practically asleep but slightly awake, but couldnt take back control of my body and i would get this strange rushing feeling and i would wake up in a gasp all freaked out !

Ive had it a few times only when im laying down or trying to get to sleep, anyone know what that is ?

I have this on occassion. When it happens it's VERY distressing and the 'aftershock' of it can last for hours. It makes me afraid to go to sleep again.
From a book I learned these are nocturnal anxiety attacks. For months I thought it was sleep apnea.

Getoutofmyhead
05-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

first post here, bear with me if this is repeated somewhere else

The symptom I have had that is most prevalent in causing anxiety- is my mind's way of tricking me into believing a NEW symptom (currently chest pains and severe indigestion) is NOT part of the anxiety, therefore causing me to be MORE anxious.

So, for example, I get a symptom of light headedness. I google, search, and check that this is caused by anxiety, not illness. Convinced of this, my anxiety decreases and eventually goes away.

My mind then goes "aha- thought you could outmanuvere me did you?" and comes up with another symptom I haven't had before- such as chest pains-- and then I'm like, sh*t, what if????

And the dance continues...

CryingDutchman
05-30-2008, 10:51 PM
My mind then goes "aha- thought you could outmanuvere me did you?" and comes up with another symptom I haven't had before- such as chest pains-- and then I'm like, sh*t, what if????

And the dance continues...

This happens to me as well - new symptoms pop up on an almost daily basis, or the 'flavour' of them changes so I start worrying about them, convinced this is the final proof that there's something physically wrong with me. :cranky: Annoying and exhausting!

GraceEvan
06-08-2008, 04:46 AM
Gees...I have most of the symptoms :shock:

Leh
06-21-2008, 03:43 PM
For me, it's the heart also, constantly worrying that every time I feel something in my chest that I'm going to have a heart attack and die or my heart is just gonna go "pfffft" and stop. I KNOW it's the anxiety but I still panic and it brings on more symptoms, more chest pains like the twitches, the racing heart beat when I stand or even walk to the bathroom (I'm healthy and fit, I usually exercise daily), the "drop" feeling, the tension, the pressure. Headaches, are pretty common too. I also lately get nausea and lack of appetite. I've also experienced the "stuck in the sleep" stage where you're conscious but you can't wake yourself up, and when you finally do, you're scared crapless, it happens rarely but I usually have trouble sleeping for the next week. I feel better now though knowing that other people with anxiety experience it. Thank you for posting this list and for everyone's responses, you don't know how much it can help just to read that you're OK.

koshka
06-24-2008, 12:39 PM
This question is for women, please answer if you can. I have pain in my left arm, shoulder, it feels like my left breast hurts too. Anyone can relate to that??? Thanks

I have had this for the last 5-6 years. I convinced myself it was breast cancer but was too scared to go to the doctor. I went to an osteopath instead to deal with back/neck stiffness and mentioned it to him, and he said that had had another patient with the same thing. Apparently it is just a reaction to the back problems/muscle stiffness that can result from continuing anxiety.

thehatchedegg
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I have been suffering from anxiety for the past 5 years. It has been a very long road. I think I have had every symptom there is.

Over the last year Hyper-sensativity has been the worst! Headache - tumor, leg pain - blood clot, anything on TV - I had it. I have a friend who is a nurse and is my lifesaver, but I have bugged her to death that I have something fatal.

This last year I have really been working hard to overcome my anxiety and I now feel free from the daily issues. However they are fresh in my mind and I am afraid of going back to that dark place.

Night time was always the worst for me. The thoughts in my head, the panic attacks were more common at this time. I always thought it might be that when I was calm it would all sneak in. I still get a little nervous as the evening approaches. Anyone else experienced this?

Nice to see that there is a light at the end of this long tunnel, I never thought there would be.

Best wishes,
Amy :)

cynic
07-15-2008, 09:19 PM
hello amy,

night time is the worst for me too. since i get sleepless nights, my anxiety just increases ten-fold as night approaches. how do you deal with it? do you have trouble sleeping too?

thehatchedegg
07-16-2008, 05:48 AM
My sleeping habits have improved greatly over the last year. I was having a terrible time. And still I can feel a little nervous as night approaches - I know how you feel!

I found for me that in the evenings I could not watch anything "bad" on TV, a warm bath and I take 5htp. The 5htp is really calming and helped me to sleep and stay asleep. (Watch the lable on this - I think if your on medication it might interfere). I also put the TV on with captions and seems to keep my mind busy when I am drifting off. I think you just have to find what helps you. The nervousness at bedtime was so intense it would just scare me to death. But think alot changed when I started using the calming things and started eating right. Made a big difference.

Let me know how your doing.

Amy

vlad tepes
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
hi there,

i've read this.... DAMN! I have most of these,,,, :(

icandy4
07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
I have had everyone of these symptoms! But i cant tell you now, i only get a few of them nower days, Im a recovering GAD sufferer and i have spent alot of time and £££ on getting myself sorted! Even though some people may say once a sufferer always a sufferer, i totally disagree! If you could have seen me in JAN 08 to what im like now, you would thinnk i was a different person! But its all down to you.. It really is.. Reach out to those who are close to you, family/friends and let them help. Dont feel like a burden or a pain. People want to feel needed, just remember that! People want to help! They love it! Support and will power is all you guys need to overcome your fears and worries and banish these anxiety sensations....

YOU CAN DO IT PEOPLE!

[/i]

kathy1
08-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Hi Crazyme

I could have written that list myself. it is so what i feel too. i also fear that this will actually kill me, that they are actually near death experiences we suffer when our anxiety is very high. i cannot concentrate on anything much, constant intense fear, can't go out or stay in, be with people or on my own. not taking any drugs. thoughts that when you die your brain doesn't. can't get these obsessive thoughts out of my mind. how do you do it, i am trying and for very short periods i manage and then they are straight back again. i'm convinced that all illnesses we suffer are as a result of anxiety. ie the bad walking and trembling is diagnosed as parkinsons disease, the hot sweats as menopause, i am convinced i am right.

do you have any of the above thoughts too?

i have been on meds five years ago and the withdrawal symptoms from coming off these drugs are the same as those for anxiety.

kathyxx

kathy1
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
anxiety causes all kinds of symptoms, a huge list is at the beginning of this thread including aching joints

Leemarie
08-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I DEFFINATLY FEEL MOST OF THE THINGS IN THE LIST BUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS NORMAL.....I GET LIKE A SHIVERING SENSATION ON MY BRAIN LIKE WHEN YOUR BODY SHIVERS WHEN ITS COLD BUT ON MY BRAIN AND THIS IS CAUSING ME TO FEEL LIKE I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR OR SOMETHING PLEASE DOES ANYONE ELSE GET THIS?!

MorningSadness00
09-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I DEFFINATLY FEEL MOST OF THE THINGS IN THE LIST BUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS NORMAL.....I GET LIKE A SHIVERING SENSATION ON MY BRAIN LIKE WHEN YOUR BODY SHIVERS WHEN ITS COLD BUT ON MY BRAIN AND THIS IS CAUSING ME TO FEEL LIKE I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR OR SOMETHING PLEASE DOES ANYONE ELSE GET THIS?!
Yes,
I get this, i also have a fear of having a brain tumor, it scares the crap out of me, probably because i have double vision though, even though i have it before and it did go away.

Paul_H
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I had many of these symptoms during my panic days. I still have a few of them even now that the attacks and most anxiety is gone. For anyone new here this list will be a big help and I appreciate the time it took to post it. Thanks again.

Paul.

scottoro
10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
1. Weakness
2. Pain all over my body
3. No emotions
4. Fear of dying and all diseases
5. Fatigue all the time
6. Pain in my neck and shoulders
7. Hearing loss/clogged ears
8. Burining sensations
9. Flu like symptoms, general malaise
10. Heart palpitations
11. Headaches
12. Numbness
13. No sex drive
14. Acne
15. Nausea
16. Chest Pains
17. Shaking
18. Clearing throat
19. Tight head
20 Stomach pain/bloating
21. Afriad of everything
22. Trouble pronouncing words and speaking

justinhopkins
10-29-2008, 09:33 AM
i havent suffered a panic attack for 6-7 months, but i do frequently get palpitations, sometimes followed by a tingly feeling in my arm and fingers, usually when im tired or in bed at night, is this normal?? i also get chest pains usually on the left side of my chest i've had tests and ecg's and have been told i have no cardiac related problems and that i have a healthy heart....

GetRidOfAnxiety
11-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Great list, thank for your work, will save it.

porcia
11-03-2008, 03:40 AM
[quote="cda33"]This question is for women, please answer if you can. I have pain in my left arm, shoulder, it feels like my left breast hurts too. Anyone can relate to that??? Thanks[/quote

yep i get exactly the same.

dizzydaisy
11-08-2008, 05:13 PM
just wonderin if anyone else gets a rash relating to anxiety/stress? i've had anxiety for ages but just recently when i'm feelin stressed or panicky get a really itchy hot rash over my chest!

justinhopkins
11-08-2008, 05:15 PM
i havent suffered a panic attack for 6-7 months, but i do frequently get palpitations, sometimes followed by a tingly feeling in my arm and fingers, usually when im tired or in bed at night, is this normal?? i also get chest pains usually on the left side of my chest i've had tests and ecg's and have been told i have no cardiac related problems and that i have a healthy heart....

Would really like to get a reply to this, as im really worried bout it, jus need someone to put my mind at rest

northstar
11-08-2008, 05:33 PM

Would really like to get a reply to this, as im really worried bout it, jus need someone to put my mind at rest

hi justin, when i had really bad anxiety i used to get very bad chest pains too and palpitations especially at night. i had pains in my left side right in the same area as my heart so you can imagine i was worried even though my doc told me i was fine. i now know my anxiety was coming from a low blood sugar problem called hypoglycemia, and it's pretty easy to keep in check with a healthy diet (although today i will admit i haven't been very healthy having eaten pizza with a dessert of chocolate for tea lol). anyway if you want to know a bit more you can read about it here: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087 i don't know about the tingling in your fingers, but you know anxiety makes us so hypoersensitive because of all that adrenaline flying around in our bodies so we feel each and every sensation way more than we normally would. and also anxiety causes so many different symptoms, i'm pretty sure i've seen tingling mentioned here before. i hope this helps a little bit, i know it's tough when you're looking for answers :)

justinhopkins
11-08-2008, 05:43 PM

hi justin, when i had really bad anxiety i used to get very bad chest pains too and palpitations especially at night. i had pains in my left side right in the same area as my heart so you can imagine i was worried even though my doc told me i was fine. i now know my anxiety was coming from a low blood sugar problem called hypoglycemia, and it's pretty easy to keep in check with a healthy diet (although today i will admit i haven't been very healthy having eaten pizza with a dessert of chocolate for tea lol). anyway if you want to know a bit more you can read about it here: i don't know about the tingling in your fingers, but you know anxiety makes us so hypoersensitive because of all that adrenaline flying around in our bodies so we feel each and every sensation way more than we normally would. and also anxiety causes so many different symptoms, i'm pretty sure i've seen tingling mentioned here before. i hope this helps a little bit, i know it's tough when you're looking for answers :)

Hey thanks for the reply, it's very much appreciated :) i havent actually suffered an attack for 7-8 months, i was a heavy cannabis user from a young age and the doctors said that was the cause of my problems, as soon as i stopped the attacks gradually went away but still keep having the palpitations and chest pains a lot. My diet isnt very good either lol so maybe that might be the cause, its all well n good reading about it in books and online, but when u find someone else that has had a similar experience its good to know ur not alone :) As for the tingling in my right arm n fingers after a palpitation, even the doctor didnt have an explanation. hopefully its just hypersensitivity like you said :) Many thanks for the reply once again. Cheers

xSweetest Agonyx
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm new to this site, for the last few months my anxiety has been so severe that I have trouble leaving the house, I can't even get out of bed without my anxiety being triggered. A week ago, the upper part of my stomach was in absolute agony and I mean agony, I was doubled over crying for days and couldn't sleep. My doctor thinks I have a stomach ulcer and I've now got medication for that which helps with the pain. Avoiding alcohol is hell for me at the moment, as that helps relax me, so I'm in a constant vicious circle of panic. I've had a constant head ache for 2 months, my stomach keeps getting severley blocked, and at the moment I'm freaking out because I'm experiencing a banging sensation in my left ear, everything from my head to my stomach is twitching, especially my right arm, which has been very painful today. I've had social anxiety for years, but I've never experienced anything like this, I fear I may be getting generalized anxiety as well, because I'm stressed from morning until night. I've been up to the hospital numerous times, they checked my heart and did blood tests and everything came back normal. But I still can;t get this constant fear out of my head that there is something wrong with me and I'm going to die. I'm also in a constant state of confusion, and I keep having really weird thoughts, like everything is a dream, I'm the only person in the world etc..makes me feel like I'm going mad. I'm going to my first therapy session in a week, but I don't know if they will be able to help me, and I'm dreading it. One of the hardest things is that I don't have anyone I feel I can talk to about it apart from my mother, I don't even have any friends because I'm too anxious to go to college. I spend a lot of my time in my room on my own, crying. I'm only 18, and I feel like my life is already over.

These are the symptoms I have suffered with severley over the last few months:

Chronic Fatigue
Feeling cold or chilled
Muscle twitching
Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
Startle easily
Trembling or shaking
Warm spells
Chest pain or discomfort
Concern about the heart
Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough
Frequently feel like crying for no reason
A heightened fear of what people think of you
Afraid of being trapped in a place with no exits
Fear of being in public
Fear of dying
Fear of losing control
Fear of impending doom
Fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others
Fear that you are losing your mind
Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
Heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness
Head, neck or shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
Shooting pains in the face
Fear of going crazy
Fear of losing control
Fear of impending doom
Feelings of unreality
Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
Depression
Feeling down in the dumps
Feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike
Frequently feel like crying for no apparent reason
You feel like you are under pressure all the time
A ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’, or unusual smell or taste
Constipation
Diarrhea
Difficulty swallowing
Tight throat, lump in throat
Spots in the vision
Numbness
Pain

I constantly worry about:

• Having a heart attack
• Dying prematurely
• Fainting in public

justinhopkins
11-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm new to this site, for the last few months my anxiety has been so severe that I have trouble leaving the house, I can't even get out of bed without my anxiety being triggered. A week ago, the upper part of my stomach was in absolute agony and I mean agony, I was doubled over crying for days and couldn't sleep. My doctor thinks I have a stomach ulcer and I've now got medication for that which helps with the pain. Avoiding alcohol is hell for me at the moment, as that helps relax me, so I'm in a constant vicious circle of panic. I've had a constant head ache for 2 months, my stomach keeps getting severley blocked, and at the moment I'm freaking out because I'm experiencing a banging sensation in my left ear, everything from my head to my stomach is twitching, especially my right arm, which has been very painful today. I've had social anxiety for years, but I've never experienced anything like this, I fear I may be getting generalized anxiety as well, because I'm stressed from morning until night. I've been up to the hospital numerous times, they checked my heart and did blood tests and everything came back normal. But I still can;t get this constant fear out of my head that there is something wrong with me and I'm going to die. I'm also in a constant state of confusion, and I keep having really weird thoughts, like everything is a dream, I'm the only person in the world etc..makes me feel like I'm going mad. I'm going to my first therapy session in a week, but I don't know if they will be able to help me, and I'm dreading it. One of the hardest things is that I don't have anyone I feel I can talk to about it apart from my mother, I don't even have any friends because I'm too anxious to go to college. I spend a lot of my time in my room on my own, crying. I'm only 18, and I feel like my life is already over.

These are the symptoms I have suffered with severley over the last few months:

Chronic Fatigue
Feeling cold or chilled
Muscle twitching
Startle easily
Trembling or shaking
Warm spells
Chest pain or discomfort
Concern about the heart
Frequently feel like crying for no reason
A heightened fear of what people think of you
Afraid of being trapped in a place with no exits
Fear of being in public
Fear of dying
Fear of losing control
Fear of impending doom
Fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others
Fear that you are losing your mind
Heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness
Head, neck or shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
Shooting pains in the face
Fear of going crazy
Fear of losing control
Fear of impending doom
Feelings of unreality
Depression
Feeling down in the dumps
Feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike
Frequently feel like crying for no apparent reason
You feel like you are under pressure all the time
A ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’, or unusual smell or taste
Constipation
Diarrhea
Difficulty swallowing
Tight throat, lump in throat
Spots in the vision
Numbness
Pain

I constantly worry about:

• Having a heart attack
• Dying prematurely
• Fainting in public

Hey i read your post, and it sounded a lot like what i was going through when my anxiety was really bad, It's hell i know :( But there is light at the end of the tunnel, i went through so many different types of medication, try-cyclic anti-depressants, tranquilisers etc, but none of that really helped me, and i also got to the stage where i was too afraid to leave my place, for fear of having an attack outdoors, which in turn makes u more anxious and so on n so on. When i had my first big anxiety attack i thought i was having a heart attack (at 23 years old) n i got rushed into hospital, just to be told there was nothing wrong with me, and even my family thought i was going nuts, which didnt help. But then when things got really bad, i went to stay with them, and then they really saw what i was going through was hell. The only advice i can really offer is not to isolate yourself indoors, that really doesnt help, because u will develop severe agorophobia (which is what happened to me). It got so bad in the end i forced myself to go outside, which gave me an anxiety attack by the time i was a few steps out of the door. But i kept forcing myself to do it and kept telling myself 'i'm not going to let this beat me'. It takes time and a lot of inner strength, but it can be beaten. I havent had an anxiety attack for 7-8 months, and medication wasnt the answer, although it can help a lot of people. Hope some of what i said is useful, i dont claim to be an expert though lol Just speaking from personal experience

Nictro
12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Does anyone else get itchy when they have anxiety?

Mosel
01-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't but my wife sure does. Drives her nuts.

nycgirl120
01-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Body

* Electric shock feeling
* Muscle twitching

* Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
* Startle easily
* Trembling or shaking
* Warm spells

Chest

* Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough

Emotions

* Dramatic mood swings

Fears

* Fear of dying
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom

Head

Mind

* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom

Mood

* Depression

Mouth/Stomach

* Constant craving for sugar or sweets
* Constipation
* Diarrhea
* Difficulty swallowing
* Dry mouth
* Feeling like you can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in your throat
* IBS
* Vomiting

Sleep

* Jolting awake
Touch

* Numbness
* Pain

I have all these symptoms. The symptoms that bother me the most are the heart palpitations. I always feel like something is wrong with my heart or that I will have a heart attack. I even went to the hospital cuz I thought I was having an heart attack but it was just a panic attack. They checked my heart, EKG and everything but still I continue to worry about my heart especially at night when I am trying to sleep.

Also I always think I have some type of cancer but then I look up the symptoms and I feel better when I don't have any of them.

Then there is being depressed and angry all the time.

Anxiety may be a "mental" disorder but it affects you physically so much. I just feel like it's taken over my life, draining me of energy. I've actually made stupid decisions because of my anxiety.

JavaJoy01
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Since we are posting our symptoms I'll list mine to.

It started with pressure in my chest as well as pains
Rushing feeling going from head to feet
Living in constant fear of Dying
Muscle cramps
Lack of sleep
When I try to relax I feel my whole insides shake.
no appetite, the other day I could not even put food near my mouth, I would gag.
Today I experienced the electric shocks going though my arms and legs.

I had an anxiety attack today that set my blood pressure through the roof. Then It dropped back to 126/80 (I think).
I've dropped 10 lbs already from not eating or not eating enough.

Oh yes and missed work. I've already called in sick and had to leave early..

I can't wait for my meds to kick in. I went to my OBGYN in hopes he can help me out. He said my doctor is doing the right thing. The only thing my OBGYN did was have me take B vitamins and Fish Oil.

ds
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
I have just joined this site and after reading what others live with, I finally feel like I am not alone! I know I want to get over this bout of anxiety! I have been fighting with it sonce I was 13. I have not had it this bad for years! i want to get over this without a meds! I have never turned to them before and I don'twant to turn to them now! I have been working on Yoga, self help bookd and exercise.

(HAWK)
01-27-2009, 02:27 PM
It is scary to think that every thing in the list is true!
I for one have alot of those symptoms,the one I hate most is the racing thoughts! :twisted: :shock:

splendidostring
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I've got a LOT of these issues. They pollute my life a LOT. Sweating is probably the one that I hate the most. I also have a major fear of having a heart attack (I check my pulse a lot).

I often wonder where all of this come from. I mean hell, I've been knowing for a LONG time I had these troubles, even has a kid and I always had this false hope that it would go away as I would grow older.

Weez
02-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the list.
I read it out loud to my family and they are thankful as well. They put up with so much of me and my anxiety issues.
This list helps me know that its not life threatening as it feels at the moment.

Here are a list of my symptoms. Not all at once but it varies.

* Chronic Fatigue
* Electric shock feeling
* Feeling cold or chilled - especially my hands and feet includs clamy.
* Decreased sex drive
* Muscle twitching
* Startle easily
* Trembling or shaking
* Urgency to urinate
* Warm spells
* Feel like you have to force yourself to breath
* Dramatic mood swings
* Emotional blunting
* Fear of dying
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
* Need to seat near exits (finding a place where I can leave in a hurry)
* Frequent headaches
* Giddiness
* When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
* Ringing in the ears
* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Feelings of unreality
* Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
* You often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders
* Always feeling irritable and lack of patience
* Depression

Mouth/Stomach

* Choking
* Constipation
* Diarrhea
* Difficulty swallowing
* Dry mouth
* Nausea

Sleep

* Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
* Jolting awake

Sight

* Dry eyes
* Spots in the vision

Touch

* Numbness
* Pain

In addition to these I find myself worrying about:
• Having a heart attack
• Dying
• Having an attack in public
• Fainting in public
• Not breathing properly
• Choking or suffocating
• Being alone

quallagirl
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I bite the skin of of my fingures but I don't know if this is related to my anxiety or ADD.

Tonya

joshesmama
02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I become psychotic and paranoid. Those are my anxiety symptoms. When I do not have any anxiety I am not psychotic or paranoid.

raychel
02-25-2009, 07:46 AM
I've been having really severe anxiety the past few months especially. My thereapist says i'm one of the most anxious ppl she's seen, which i'm not sure about that. I am determined to fight my anxiety without meds but it is very hard with the symptoms i have.

-really severe muscle tension, can't relieve it at all
-headaches
-unsteady feeling feels like no circulation coming to head when i'm standing
-lately i've had tons of strange thoughts racing in my mind
-eyes seem out of focus and see floaters all the time

I feel so out of control. I know if I could keep focused it will pass. I've been for eye exams, physicals, and even a brain mri for the headaches which came back normal. It has to be anxiety, right...

SouthsideSON218
03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
yea i feel alot of these. i always get tingling in my foot or a burning sensation always comes with a dry throat. Plus i always think i'm having a heart attack but people just tell me its anxiety. What do you think?

Matthew
03-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi guys,

I am a 26 year old male who enjoys going to the gym 5 / 6 times per week, have a stressful job and am getting married on August 15th of this year.

In November I was on the tube and came over all faint and started to have chest pains and slight shortness of breath. Of course I took myself straight to hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. Had ECG and blood test and urine test and blood preasure taken and all came back fine. Since then I have been feeling anxious and have been suffering with chest pain mainly where my heart is located and I am worried that there is something physically wrong with my heart all the time which is scaring me.

Since this first happend I have been back to the hospital for 3 ECG tests and all have been fine. However when the ECG test was taken I wasn't having the chest pain. I have also had a 24 hour ECG monitor fitted to me which also came back fine. In addition I have had pain in my left arm and cramp in my left hand.

I get these symtoms even when I am not feeling stressed or anxious!

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Is this the physical effects of anxiety?

Thank you so much for your help

Matthew

SouthsideSON218
03-26-2009, 02:57 PM
wow i get some pain on the left side of my chest and some cramping in my left arm and im only 24, but last monday i had a horrible panic attack and its the first time i went to the ER for it. They did an EGK or whatever and they said it was normal, blood test came back normal, blood pressure was a little high but they said it could of been from the attack. So that was like a huge relief for me.

banksia
05-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I've been having really severe anxiety the past few months especially. My thereapist says i'm one of the most anxious ppl she's seen, which i'm not sure about that. I am determined to fight my anxiety without meds but it is very hard with the symptoms i have.

-really severe muscle tension, can't relieve it at all
-headaches
-unsteady feeling feels like no circulation coming to head when i'm standing
-lately i've had tons of strange thoughts racing in my mind
-eyes seem out of focus and see floaters all the time

I feel so out of control. I know if I could keep focused it will pass. I've been for eye exams, physicals, and even a brain mri for the headaches which came back normal. It has to be anxiety, right...

Sounds exactly like me! except i dont get frequent headaches or muscle tension. Because i suffer with health anxiety it kills me when i have symptoms as i always think the worst. Its so hard not too :( But i guess we just gotta keep on pottering along :)

IntrospectiveLoser
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I have had my jaw literally clamp shut before, and been rendered completely unable to speak for serveral minutes, even if I wanted to say something.
And other things "seize up" as well, like my legs, so I can't walk.
Or my arms to the sides of my body and it feels like they are really heavy and I can't move them. But thats really rare, and only when I'm having a full blown panic attack.

Everything else seems to be on the list already.

I get heart palpitations sometimes and then a rush of blackness into my eyes like i'm blacking out.
I suppose that would be fainting, wouldn't it?

I also stop eating for long periods of time when things are making me anxious.

And vomit.
But that is mentioned.

scoobydoo1
06-03-2009, 04:36 AM

hey my name is dianne im 18 years old. i get this all the time.
tingling can and most likely is from anxiety. try to relax i know its hard. i suffer from palpitations thorughout the day :( and have alot of sideeffects and have been thru hell and back..

(HAWK)
06-10-2009, 06:22 AM

Aching behind eyes

Anyone else had this?I know you posted this along time ago,but i've had that many times! I was wondering have you ever had a eye problem or surgery,because i have had eye surgery and i always thought it was from that? :shock:

(HAWK)
06-10-2009, 06:22 AM

Aching behind eyes

Anyone else had this?I know you posted this along time ago,but i've had that many times! I was wondering have you ever had a eye problem or surgery,because i have had eye surgery and i always thought it was from that? :shock:

(HAWK)
06-10-2009, 06:26 AM

hey my name is dianne im 18 years old. i get this all the time.
tingling can and most likely is from anxiety. try to relax i know its hard. i suffer from palpitations thorughout the day :( and have alot of sideeffects and have been thru hell and back..My name is JON and i have that too,what ever you doDo Not drink beer or alch.It will only make it wore! trust me i know ;) :shock:

fernandogress
06-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Nice collection of this posts.!!!This is really good information...You have done a great job.Thanks for sharing that, it was wonderful of you.Thanks for the list.Good luck!

travelboy
07-05-2009, 11:00 AM
In July last year i had so anxiety about something after watching a documentary about it. Only got worse and couldn't sleep. Woke up with a light headache a 3-4 on 1-10 scale. But in start February this year i woke up with a sore throat , and it has been there ever seen. Its like chronic with "mud" in my throat and i go around spitting and clear my throat probably 500 times a day.. I think it came because i started having negative thoughts about myself because i bought 2 pair shoes in wrong size !! damn.
Have gone 5 times to acupuncture now, no big difference the acu man says that i should go 10 times, but i wonder if he only wants my money. I showed him a book with TFT / EFT and he just trowed it away. So i thinkg about testing out TFT, i got a bottle of the juice XANGO and when i drank that the throat was good. but now its back. Hope its just stress !

negin
07-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Hi guys,

After reading all your symptoms, I think I feel much better now. It's been a few days that I'm worried I have MS. I just had an MRI yesterday but the result is not out yet, so waiting for the result of the MRI and the outcome is driving me nuts.

A couple of months ago i was diagnosed with cervical reversed lordosis but all I was feeling was just neck pain and it just comes and goes when i'm all stressed out. So i decided to visit the doctor, then the doc started asking me few questions, like if i have tingling in my hands and shoulder and the answer was no, but then when i got home, i started feeling all those symptoms and much more and this tingling in my feet doesnt want to go away. it feels like it is buzzing. Also i have pulsing sound in my ear and sometimes it feels like it has pressure inside like when your are in an airplane. Also i have problem with my eyes coz it sometimes gets cloudy but goes away with a couple of blinks. Also got muscle spasms all over the body hence I'm scared it is MS. But when i read the symptoms posted here, I got a bit relaxed and i'm thinking it might not be MS after all and it's just my anxiety over my neck.

It's been couple of years that i'm going through anxiety. I have constant fear of dying and getting a fatal or incurable disease.

My dad is telling me, that I got this from him, coz he also is the same way. He also has neck pain and tingling in his hands a feet and pulse in his ears.

I really feel a bit better now that i know i'm not alone in this world who is in constant fear.

I really wish i had someone I can talk to about my fears who will understand, coz all the members of my family are getting tired of my anxiety attacks and they just don't understand what i'm going through.

tinkerbell
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Hi,
I also have most of the above symptoms, I find it especially hard to fall asleep as my body starts to feel heavy and I worry that if I start to drift off I will die. This feeling began when I was in hospital during my pregnancy. My Blood pressure was so high, especially at night and so I was scared to go to sleep in case I never woke up.

It was the awful pregnancy and having 2 miscarriages, all within 2 years that caused my anxiety problems.
My symptoms bother me most when I am in the supermarket, I hate the crowded space and the bright light and noise. I start to feel dizzy, then worry I will pass out so the dizziness gets worse, my head starts to hurt and I start to sweat and feel agitated. I also then really need to open my bowels and feel really uncomfortable. But the thing is I cannot use the public loo in the shop as I also have a touch of OCD! So i just suffer till I get home. I've even done my shopping online to aviod the supermarket but I know this isn't the answer. I also get shooting pains in my left fingers and an achy left arm sometimes.

Is there anybody else that has suffered a bad pregnancy and has led to anxiety or further problems. It would be nivce to know I am not abnormal or strange. :(

tinkerbell
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Hi In reply to a couple of posts, I also feel like my brain is shivering sometimes and then I get scared and other symptoms start to appear My anxiety is also worse in the evening and gets worse as the night progresses. I think this stems back to my pregnancy again and being in hospital and being scared to go to sleep.

I therefore don't sleep very well ( although having a baby that doesnt sleep well is not helping and he is 18 months old now) I wake up in the morning feeling as though I've hardly slept and feel all achy and stiff and still tired.

tinkerbell
08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Is there anybody that like me, experiences symptoms of anxiety such as dizziness when they don't actually feel anxious?
I can be out and am feeling quite normal and then all of a sudden start to feel weird without any warning. :(

DTrotter9
08-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Hello jitters and all members .. a big thanks to all . bez u people did a very good work .
I don't all those certain symptoms could be down to anxiety. So, I get a lots of informations through these post. Very informative or all of us who r new. Keep it up. and All the best.
Thanks.

BM
08-24-2009, 05:10 AM
Here are my physical symptoms:

Tiredness
Nausea
IBS
Chest tightness
Jaw clenching
Headaches
Blue balls
Muscle twitching
Eye twitching
Restless Leg Syndrome
Heart beating rapidly or palpitations
Excessive and frequent hunger
Derealisation
Intestinal hurry
Poor circulation/blood flow
Tired/itchy/red eyes
Extreme moods
Decreased sex drive

What I find interesting, though, is that I almost never have more than one symptom at any one time (besides eye twitching). I'll have headaches, I'll have nausea, I'll have chest tightness, but never at the same time. I find that very interesting, I wonder if it could give us a clue into the nature of this anxiety thing.

tinkerbell
08-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Hi BM,

what do you mean by blue balls?

BM
08-27-2009, 03:15 AM
lol, I knew I shouldn't have put that one there. Google it.

numins
09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
ive always had anxiety but never to this degree. i have these attacks when im perfectly calm. ive had mri's, blood work, heart monitors,ekg's and these list of symptoms describes almost everything i feel at one point or another.

stella
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
my current symptoms:

Depersonlization/Derealization (IT'S SO GREAT AINT IT?)
muscle twitches

these symptoms are minor:

pins and needles feeling in legs
lump in throat
feel like I'm being chocked sometimes
numb feet after I'm really nervous
having trouble breathing

ummm that's about it.

stella
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
LMAO @ Tinckerbell :lol:

newman21
10-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Hey
first time poster,
I'm obsessed with the idea that I have a mental illness. It certainly doesnt help that my mom is bi polar but I constantly come up with symptoms that I can attribute to something that I have felt or done in the past. I'm just so hard on myself that I cant see through the end of it. I worry that it'll get so bad that I'll want to kill myself one day or that I'll go completely mad and end up in the psych ward or something. I wake up with a knot in my stomach, and just over analyze my thoughts all day.

However there are times that I can talk myself out of it and even feel better for a bit but then it comes back and the cycle starts all over again. I feel hopeless, like no one could possibly understand, rapid heart rate, hot sensation at the back of my head, sweating.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

nikolsaid
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I had that page favorited on my browser for quite some time. It has DEFINITELY come in handy to have a reference tool whenever you're feeling some sort of anxiety

12-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Hello everybody,
This is Darius Black. First of all I want you to check our website vipmedz. Then I want you to reply bk
if you like the prizes and the support you get from our team online. We are very professional and personal at
times and we specifically have a vip dept which will take care of your needs personally. Reply
bk and may be personally I can offer you much better prices then the prices listed on our website. If you are
interested in something then Email me
Allow me to introduce my organisation properly. Our parent company is American pharmacy. We have 42
affiliates such as premiummedz, rx and so on. We are in fact the biggest pharmacy online.If you check American
pharmacy you can understand what I mean. I mean American pharmacy as a website only deals with dealers and huge
bulk orders not with customers individually. The other 41 affiliates sell the products at a higher rate
compared to what American pharmacy gives directly. Now vipmedz came into existence on 18th of October 2009. I being
part of forming it, when the (American pharmacy)company deals with these dealers they get access to real cheap
orders and extra privileges which a normal customer does not get for example the discounts, bonus %, free
shipping and handling, which I very very eagerly wanted to bring down to normal customers. I am leading a team
of 15 VIP agents and I have authority and privileges which you wouldn't normally get. For example I can bar
your info. going anywhr, If you do not want calls, it will be made sure that you don't receive any calls. If
you want to deal with only emails that will be honored (also no advertisement - it will be a simple personal
email written be me and not by any automated proto dialer) and honestly I am just at the brink of starting it.
I am trying to make contact with customers through online forums, live chats etc. I am trying to give whole of
this online concept of pharmaceutical products a human touch and not being some sales team with harassment on their heads.
Plz remember to reply back The email would be dariusatvipmedzdotcom since it would come incrypted. "At" simply means @(at the rate off) and dot means "."

hesson81
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I have experienced them all, Still am. Some of the more severe i.e. fear of loosing control, fear of going crazy, ect I would defenetly call Anxiety...

But in my quest to recover, I'm looking at most in a different way, I don't like calling them anxiety symptoms any more. I could think of 60 percent of those symptoms as Stress stmptoms. 90 Percent of the population has them only 10 percent of us actually care about them.

I realize it's all a game of perspective at times, depends on the way you look at things that determines how much they bother you.

It's been a long road for me, as is for all of us. It's the most difficult thing I have had to get through.

Worst Anxiety Symptom that I have experienced, that I can't stand the most is:

Fear/worry, of violently hurting my kids. That has been the hardest one for me to get through. Most symptoms not effecting me much but this one derailing me for days, frequently. It's the worst..

hesson81
01-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Wait a minute, I better add this,

I love my Kids, I don't want to do anything to them. This feeling has made it hard to diciplne them.

Just needed to add that, left it a little open ended there. :)

3point5
01-19-2010, 05:56 AM
just a quick question: can untreated anxiety actually lead to heart problems or even heart attacks ? because i have been dealing with anxiety for several years now untreated and everyday my heart seems to be racing for no reason. i constantly am taking my pulse and my heart is racing a mile a minute. ive actually had to cut out drinking coffee entirely and limit my intake of caffeine from soda due to worrying about it. also when i take a hot shower my heart rate also seems to go up

i guess it could be high blood pressure, or something else, but i also experience 60-70 percent of the other symptoms on that list and i know i have extreme anxiety / agorophobia

Crush
01-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi, Here is my list

Tingling scalp
Hot flashes
cold flashes
burning cold/hot sensations in palm
burning cold/hot sensations under armpit area
pain in left ribs
pain in left chest
pain in right chest
pain in middle left chest
pain in nipple
pain in wrist
pain in fingers
pain in middle of arms down center
pain in front left neck
pain in left colar bone
pain behind left shoulder
light headedness
feeling of off balance
room turning sideways
stuttered vision
seeing things out of corner of eye
hearing a very quick sound which you could swear was a voice
sleepiness
drowsiness
heart beating heavy (please no Hypochondriac responses)
heart beating very heavy after eating (please no Hypochondriac responses)
almost irregular or irratic percieved beating (please no Hypochondriac responses)
heart beat seeming to go through all parts of the body including fingers
ear ringing
muscle twitches in legs.. mostly calves in all different areas.
muscle spasms in calf
bad thoughts popping into your mind (hospitals, sickness, etc)
different sexual arrousal thoughts than you are accustomed too
thinking the same thing over and over for the day
light headed after shower in morning
tingling in left most pinky finger thinking it is the way you are holding the keyboard etc
tingling in finger tips on left side almost under nails.
leg twitches so bad and so frequent it alsmost feels like there is electricity running though your legs
an increase in circulation getting cut off while sleeping
weak legs while walking
feeling of shortness of breath by chocking around the neck area (need for deep breaths)
feeling of shortness of breath around the chest area from tightness (need for deep breaths)
shaking in hands when holding a fork or something
mild dizziness after a ciggarette

anxietyguy
02-05-2010, 05:05 PM
thats a pretty exhaustive list

well done!

fastpara
02-27-2010, 12:30 PM
The worst for me is that I feel so lethargic, I have like literally no energy left after a attack and It feels like I have just ran a marathon.

maryrose999
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Yes! This is a symptom of anxiety. I have had this before. It usually happens to me when I am afraid that I'm going to faint. But I've definitely experienced this before.

keith 010
05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
hi

ive always been a nervous person, although got far worse when things got too stressful at work. thought i was having a heart attack at one point and ended up in hospital, although it was a panic attack. this has happened twice now as both times it was that bad that i couldnt convince myself there was nothing wrong.

my symptoms include the following:

panic attacks
chest pain
pounding heart beat
checking heart all the time
breathlessness
feeling that i am going to pass out
pins and needles in hands and feet
shooting pains in arms
worrying about things to the point i think i am going insane
worrying that i am going to accidentally hurt someone
stutter - sometimes cant speak at all when on phone and have to hang up

also think i do some obsessive compulsive stuff like i used to watch the clock all the time and wait for the hands to line up before i could leave the room and also balance with hands on the kitchen worktop with feet off the ground until the microwave alarm goes off etc

i work as a surveyor, keep fit, have several hobbies and a great girl friend, but my life is being ruined by the above stuff. trying to sort it out with counselling and dont want to go on meds cause they messed my sister up. cant enjoy my weekends cause always worry about work and same goes for most evenings. was thinking about changing careers although got a mortgage to pay and dont want to be a let down to family.

hope what i am going through can be related to by other people in order to help them deal with their problems

Simon2010
06-03-2010, 12:10 PM
hey

i've had the same symptoms for a long time. I use music as a tool to help benefit my condition, and I discovered this new company, Sourcetone LLC, researching and applying music as a means to relieve these symptoms. check them out.

sourcetone . com

Exiled
06-15-2010, 01:25 PM
The chest pain/discomfort is the worst.... I'm a P.I. and this has all but destroyed my professional life(right along with my personal life). I've had all the symptoms of a major heart attack....only to find out once again that it's anxiety related.

I've had this shit for seven years and I still can't get over it..... It's like a cruel prank your body keeps pulling on you. I'd give anything and everything to get rid of it once and for all.

alex1993
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I have a sensitivity to light, anyone else get this?

Anthony DiClementi
06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
This is quite an extensive list! Helps though, thank you.

alex1993
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I want some clarification for some symptoms, if you can help me, that would be great.

* Emotions feel wrong
* Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision - Sometimes I feel like this, but I want some more clarification for "distorted"
* Your depth perception feels wrong - I think I used to get this

alex1993
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
This is what I have, or have had. The bold is what I have now.

Body

* Trembling or shaking
* Warm spells

Emotions

* Emotions feel wrong
* Dramatic mood swings (not dramatic, but I'd go from content to depressed)
* Emotional blunting

Fears

* Fear of impending doom

Head

Hearing

Mind

* Feelings of unreality
* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom

Mood

* Depression kinda...

Mouth/Stomach

Sleep

* Jolting awake

Sight

* Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes

In addition to these symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:

JSS
07-20-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't get panic attacks so much any more (I've had one or two mild ones in the last 3 or 4 months), but I do have a constant anxiety in some form or another. I think that's worse really, at least when I just got panic attacks I had some relief from them for a while.

butterflyrepellent
08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Most symptoms I believe can be relieved by proper nutrition/health. And keeping your mind on other things other than anxiety. My anxiety was a lot worse before I started carefully feeding my body. Hope everyone can experience the relief!

naiku
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Yes! This is a symptom of anxiety. I have had this before. It usually happens to me when I am afraid that I'm going to faint. But I've definitely experienced this before.

I too get the hearing go faint, usually it is just one of my ears and kind of feels like I have something in it, or like I am listening through a wall or something. I also am getting the following and beginning to wonder if all my symptoms are anxiety related:

Hives - typically only after I have been sitting, and only on the back of my legs/sides.
Swellings on my bottom lip, kind of like hives, but usually just one small lump that goes away after a few hours.
Weird sour taste in the back of my throat, despite not eating anything to cause the taste.
Diarrhea / constipation, feeling like I constantly have to go to the bathroom.
Abdominal cramps, low in my abdomen, sometimes on one side, sometimes the other, sometimes in the center.
Lower back aches.
Poor sleep – I am lucky to get 5 hours a night.
My hands shake.
My legs twitch and shake (mostly overnight).
Occasional chest pain, feels like it is not quite at the bottom of my rib cage, goes all the way across, sometimes one side only. I thought heartburn, but I get it at weird times (as in, nowhere near a time I have eaten.)

I am sure there are others, but that is all I can think of at the moment. I feel as though I am under a huge amount of stress both financially and personally. I have had some of these symptoms for years (and have always had a restless, unable to relax type of personality) , but others only more recently, and a lot of them I can trace back to being laid off earlier in the year. I am going to make a doctor’s appointment, but even that adds to the stress as I do not currently have medical insurance, so worry about the cost of the initial visit, then worry that if they think I need to have further tests about the cost of those etc.

jj1983
08-31-2010, 06:04 AM
my list is

chest pain
dizzy
ibs
fear of inpending doom
can not eat
wake in panic
shaky hands

sometimes nearvous energy some times none

jj1983
09-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I am glad this one was posted,this is so me..

cda33 wrote:

hi
I have had this for the last 5-6 years. I convinced myself it was breast cancer but was too scared to go to the doctor. I went to an osteopath instead to deal with back/neck stiffness and mentioned it to him, and he said that had had another patient with the same thing. Apparently it is just a reaction to the back problems/muscle stiffness that can result from continuing anxiety.

1_worried
09-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I wonder if someone can ready my post titled Health Anxiety? This is an everyday occurence with me and I can't shake it.

rachel78
09-16-2010, 03:35 PM
I wonder if someone can ready my post titled Health Anxiety? This is an everyday occurence with me and I can't shake it. :?

i feel the same every day, i cant shake it either, i somehow think there is something else wrong, its not right to feel all these symptoms day in day out its driving me nuts !! what are your symptoms ? cause i cant find your post x

Kitarist
10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Hm very interesting

Kitarist
10-30-2010, 08:01 AM
I would liek to ask if you can have these symptoms even if you dont feel the anxiety at the moment?

xjenniex
10-31-2010, 05:40 AM
* Chronic Fatigue

* Muscle twitching
* Startle easily

* Warm spells

Emotions

* Dramatic mood swings
* Emotional blunting
* Emotions feel wrong

Fears

* Fear of dying
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom

Head

Hearing

Mind

* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Feelings of unreality

Mood

* Depression

Mouth/Stomach

* Diarrhea

* IBS

* Vomiting

Sleep

* Jolting awake

Sight

* Spots in the vision

Touch

* Numbness

• Dying prematurely

• Losing control

• Being alone

i have had more that were on the list but not for along while

xjenniex
10-31-2010, 05:43 AM
oh one question its not on the list while having an actually attack and not the anxiety feelings but a full blown attack has it ever seemed everyone was talking and or moving slow?

mani
11-02-2010, 08:03 AM
You have explained very nicely.There is nothing to add more.

Britanica
11-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I feel as though nothing is real ALOT. Even when I don't think I'm having an attack... I think I actual am. I went through a very stressfull, almost 3 year relationship which I think is initually which brought out all these horible symtoms I have. I actually feel like I am going crazy some times. I suffer from horible neck pain and head aches... So bad I once went to the ER to get x-rays. I even went through physical theropy. I'm only 22 and I feel as though I hardly have a life because I am to scared at times to go places. Its depressing and heart breaking. Not to mention what my fiance goes through. He's so suportive but he can't understand me completely because he doesnt experience it. Only those who do undertand it. My mom suffered from them horibly when she was younger. So bad that she couldn't drive three streets from the house without having an attack. She started pills then and after after years...she finally has them under control. I tried pills...they made me sick and I'm not one to take pills. Not even over the counter. Has anyone ever experienced constant muscle spasms and twitching in there legs and random twitching/spasming in the body? it started for me three weeks ago and hasnt stopped. Its worrying me and I am completely exhuasted over it. I keep thinking the worst... I hate it.

howdoifeeltoday
11-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Hell Yes!
I had my first panic attack on the bus home from work, I honestly thoght I was going to die and went and stood outside my doctors just incase. I had a constant pressure in my head after this and numerous visits to my doctors and emergency doctors. I was going dizzy with a pain in my chest and a numb face. I had no idea for months that these were in fact panic attacks. After blood tests, ct scans, mri scans all coming back ok showing I was a perfectly healthy 25 year old. However the 'not knowing' had made these initial panic attacks seem like nothing as I developed pretty much all the symptoms on the list especialy the DAMN TWITCHING and neck tension. This kept leading me to believe I had some horrific illness which only made things worse. I have to say the twitching and electric shocks are the worst for me. Very scary, They drive me round the bend. My doctor has given me fluoxetine 20mg a day to help with the 24 hour worry, im on week 2 at the moment just hoping every day that they will start to help. I wish the doctor had not just hinted at a possible anxiety disorder and been a bit more straight from the start but I supose they have to rule everything out first. I totaly agree with the post that says once you start to deal with one symptom another wierd one will pop up, like your mind saying "youve dealt with that one, now hows about a bit of THIS! google this one I dare you!! Ahhhh!".
Im so so glad I found this site with other people with the exact same problems, it realy does help ease the worry, thanks to all you people who have posted youre experiences. It can seem a lonely place. Good look to everyone dealing with this awful thing.

My symptoms
Dizziness
Chest pain
pain in varying parts of my body, some days really bad, other days just not there.
Depersdonalisation (this is a reeeal wierd one)
Electric shocks (mostly in feet but can be anywhere)
Twitches anywhere in the body (these can go on for aaaaaages)
Constant Worry of What on earth is wrong with me
Constant need for reasurance from docs and family
Also had pretty much every symptom on the list at some point or other

And probably the main one.....Constant worry about my symptoms getting worse!

deloneblack
11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
This is an impressive list. I have seen most of these from time to time and have never been able to associate with any diagnosis, even after extensive testing that led to my hypochondria and increased my anxiety. I am glad to know that a lot of that has to do with anxiety not that I have some undiagnosed illness.

Myheartisinohio16
11-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Ive had soreness in my jaw tilngling which really scared me.... Stuff is intense. i get twitches in my chest like nerves or something is jumping and it hurts sometimes.my back will get super hot out of nowhere. My hands and feet are cold daily it sucks

anavic
11-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi all:

Thanks for this extensive list! As many of you, I've had many of these symptoms, specially chest pain (heat attacks and anxiety attacks have similar symptoms and this add to my anxiety) and feeling that I'm going to die or get crazy.

It feels somehow comforting to know that you're not alone in this and for that I'm very grateful that this forum exists.

mamascrazy1985
11-27-2010, 06:46 PM
i love that sight i discovered it a while back.

blackdahlia
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for this post. I was at work when I had a minor freakout and talked to a friend who linked me this. After realizing that almost everything I was feeling were symptoms of this it helped me relax.

Spanky
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah my symptoms have gotten better over this past week but I'm still focusing on my heart way too much due to gurgling in the heart area and I constantly burp. I read that it could be like that because of swallowing air which leads me to believe that I hyperventilate and not even know it. Mostly it happens in the morning with a couple episodes here and there during the day.

LisaL80
01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Wow wow wow! My constant debate in my head is, do I have a disease that is causing my anxiety or is it my anxiety causing disease? LOL Tough one.

My one question; Can anxiety cause the Uhthoff's phenomenon?

Thanks

xLx

Spanky
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Just when I think I'm getting better another symptom pops up. What I have right now is:

Gurgling in left chest area
Lack of sleep (Antivan is helping but if I don't take it I won't sleep the whole night)
Rapid Heartbeat over 100bpm
Pressure in head sometimes
Fear of fatal illness
Twitches at different parts of body
Almost constant need to burp sometimes
I'd say irregular heart beat or palpitations but I have my gf listen to my heart constantly

I've been holding up fairly well and there is even times in the day where I feel pretty good. Not 100% but I don't feel like my heart is beating out of my chest and my head doesn't feel clouded. Worst part was being at a friends house and seeing a commercial about atrial filibration and hearing about the possibility of those people having a stroke so that set me off as well. I had blood work done and my blood count is great. The only thing that came up a little off was my liver levels but the doctor believes thats from my weight gain over the past two years because I'm not a heavy drinker. Has anyone else encountered the gurgling in the left chest area? It just seems that sometimes though it comes up when I'm eating which worries me.

jar4u
02-06-2011, 07:12 AM

Yes My friend Music_lover..this is also a classic anxiety symptom, you sometimes do feel heavy pressure all over your body mostly in head & ear area, u feel as if you bp is shooting up or sometimes going down, also Ear pains & tinning sounds appear out of nowhere, this is because of a bit of pressure build up in your head, sometimes due to external air pressure or mostly due to excessive worrying thoughts, gently put your thumb on the ear opening & shake your ears like removing water from your ears and instantly your head or ear pressure will go away, the body pressure may happen due to stress & heavy physical exhaustion,
Don't worry my friend, the more you practice to ignore these and all the other symptoms the quickly they all will vanish...Cheers!!!!

jar4u
02-06-2011, 07:50 AM
I too get the hearing go faint, usually it is just one of my ears and kind of feels like I have something in it, or like I am listening through a wall or something. I also am getting the following and beginning to wonder if all my symptoms are anxiety related:

Hives - typically only after I have been sitting, and only on the back of my legs/sides.
Swellings on my bottom lip, kind of like hives, but usually just one small lump that goes away after a few hours.
Weird sour taste in the back of my throat, despite not eating anything to cause the taste.
Abdominal cramps, low in my abdomen, sometimes on one side, sometimes the other, sometimes in the center.
Lower back aches.
My hands shake.
Occasional chest pain, feels like it is not quite at the bottom of my rib cage, goes all the way across, sometimes one side only. I thought heartburn, but I get it at weird times (as in, nowhere near a time I have eaten.)

I am sure there are others, but that is all I can think of at the moment. I feel as though I am under a huge amount of stress both financially and personally. I have had some of these symptoms for years (and have always had a restless, unable to relax type of personality) , but others only more recently, and a lot of them I can trace back to being laid off earlier in the year. I am going to make a doctor’s appointment, but even that adds to the stress as I do not currently have medical insurance, so worry about the cost of the initial visit, then worry that if they think I need to have further tests about the cost of those etc.

Yes my friend Naiku...Even i get my sensations due to financial and work worries only, the negative thoughts of future without work and money aggravates the sensations, these thoughts are totally irrational as you know that you are pretty competent then those around you, But simply the anxiety takes over kills our confidence and makes us feel vulnerable, i got my 1st panic attack due to these thoughts only but i didn't give up i understood my anxiety cycle, understood that all these sensations are totally harmless(My test reports are all super normal) and Confidently done some of my best works during these 11 months of high anxiety,

Its all about getting your confidence back and doing your best, taking every task as a challenge and not problem and success happens if not, then you would have done your personal best!!!

jar4u
02-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi guys,

I am a 26 year old male who enjoys going to the gym 5 / 6 times per week, have a stressful job and am getting married on August 15th of this year.

In November I was on the tube and came over all faint and started to have chest pains and slight shortness of breath. Of course I took myself straight to hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. Had ECG and blood test and urine test and blood preasure taken and all came back fine. Since then I have been feeling anxious and have been suffering with chest pain mainly where my heart is located and I am worried that there is something physically wrong with my heart all the time which is scaring me.

Since this first happend I have been back to the hospital for 3 ECG tests and all have been fine. However when the ECG test was taken I wasn't having the chest pain. I have also had a 24 hour ECG monitor fitted to me which also came back fine. In addition I have had pain in my left arm and cramp in my left hand.

I get these symtoms even when I am not feeling stressed or anxious!

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Is this the physical effects of anxiety?

Thank you so much for your help

Matthew

Yes my friend these are all classic anxiety symptoms, simply ignore, practice it for long and it will be gone, its like a bad habit, the more you think about it the more it aggravates, divert your mind and it will vanish like magic!!!

jar4u
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM

Lower back aches.
My hands shake.

Yes my friend Naiku...Even i get all of my High anxiety sensations due to thoughts of finance and work only...But its a learned process we have thought ourselves to get these sensations as soon as we start to worry about finance and work stress...The solutions is to find confidence in our abilities and performance and positively thinking that we are way better performers than most of the people in our own fields of work and deliver our level best every time we do our work as this will raise our confidence and also we gain respect from others....And about finance...No amount of money can make anybody happy in this world, the richest are the most anxious and insecure of maintaining and safeguarding their wealth, People who have adequate money and who have limited wants and desires in life are the happiest...Think about it my friend!!!

mark27
02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
im a 27 year old male who suffers from anxiety,recently i have been doing quite good without any attacks,but im still having the side effects,skip heartbeats,feeling like im gonna faint dizzyness/headaches,pains in fingers arms chest and in the back,i also have ibs,i have had numerous ecgs and everything has always come back fine,at the minute i feel like im going mad,my doctor has told me to carry on with normal life like work and hobbies etc but im convinced im gonna have a heart attack or somethng so i give up playing football,i know this may sound crazy but can anybody help pls

House Dad
03-27-2011, 09:39 AM
I didn't read all 16 pages but i am having a symptom the last 2 days. I keep having tremors. My whole body just shakes uncontrollably. I hope it's anxiety related.

drgnfly
03-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Music Lover if you've never had problems with anxiety before, or if this experience is very unusual for you, I would recommend that you get it checked out. However, this is similar to things I, and I'm sure many others, have experienced when having an anxiety attack. But any time something like this happens out of the blue, it's always best to get it checked out, even if nothing is wrong with you, it's always helpful to have the peace of mind.

plumb
03-29-2011, 12:40 PM
anybody get red squiggly lines in thier eyes and also eyes start to sting a bit after looking at computer? started to get to get this past few weeks

jessikachu
05-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Ohhhhh, this list is me in a nutshell. :D

PittsburghCounseling
05-29-2011, 03:49 PM
My most severe symptom has always been chest pain/discomfort. When I experience anxiety it's like I have something huge pressing on my chest.

PittsburghCounseling
05-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I suppose the fatigue is right up there with the chest pain.

mwanamaker182427
05-31-2011, 11:31 AM
I have the heart fluttering sensation and have been to the doctor to get it checked out. They said it was nothing wrong with my heart even after I had an EKG on my chest for 7 hours. They told me it was stress. Still I am scared. I have these fluttering feelings that make me jump or cough. I am seeing a cardiologist to get it checked. PETRIFIED!!!

Schatmeisje
06-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for this, this is really informative :-)

KilaRose
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone I'm fairly new to this. I developed what I'm told is anxiety about two months ago. A large portion of this list relates to my symptoms, along with the teeth grinding that has randomly become a new habit to me. I'm 22 and smoke mildly, eat somewhat poorly. I'm more curious as to how to tell the difference in anxiety opposed to a true heart condition. I've had to EKG both looked good and I'm meeting with my doctor this coming week. I dint have any methods on how to cope with this new feeling, especially when the feeling seems to radiate around fear of something with my heart. My attacks start with ringing ears, then I suddenly feel flushed, my arm begins to feel numb then my heart races and my mind takes over. It's very scary and very concerning to me but the er seemed to think I was ok and had anxiety. I haven't been through any recent or overbearing stress, nothing traumatic, though I was diagnosed with manic depression years back but have been off my meds for over a year (my decision). I really am just reaching out to those who know how to cope with these attacks and can help me get over the fear of cardiac problems. Thank you all for any input.

mdh157
07-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello,

long time lurker but just decided to register and post. I have anxiety issues for sure, most just wound up and seem angry/no patience most of the time and in a hurry for no reason. The main symptoms that worry me are the tight throat and I get pains all over my body exc for my head - usually like small shooting pains (anyone else get anything similar to that?). they usually are gone within a minute but since they are random it has gotten my to worrying that it's MS or something else that is serious. My doc does not think it is anything to worry about but he hasn't given me any other diagnosis. I also worry of getting cancer of the esophagus as I have reflux. Funny, in Oct 2009 I had an endo and the doc said then that it was minor so he does not even recommend a follow up endo as he considers mine to be a 'normal endoscopy.' I wish I could see it the same way - perhaps I would if the PPIs got rid of the symptoms.

funny, all of this stuff started around the same time back in 2005....reflux, and pinched nerves in the thoracic vertebrae, and this nerve stuff only started in Dec 2010. And it will go away for awhile and then come back out of nowhere, like on sunday i was at the beach and had no problems whatsoever.

If you happen to have a pinched nerve(s) make sure you work it out - they can create havoc which will only exacerbate your anxiety - trust me, i know. They can give you all kinds of symptoms that will make your mind go crazy.

BTW, for those of you who grind at night, get yourself an NTI. (mouthguard) I got one abt 3 yrs ago and it has helped tremendously. they made it right in my dentist office. bad part is, insurance wouldn't pay for it - cost me $275. Good part is, it is worth every penny and i'll get another when this one needs replaced.

ninetiesbaby
08-19-2011, 06:03 PM
All I need to know is.. these symptoms.. do they ever go away?

Skizo
08-24-2011, 01:49 PM
This has been really eye opening.

natalie23
08-26-2011, 09:05 AM
my symptoms are tension headaches shotting pains in my head, chest pain and pain in my arms and legs. any one else get this? doc says its anxiety but i find it hard to believe

Frank Furter
09-12-2011, 03:13 AM

Yes. I get a "plugged up" feeling in the ears and my hearing is muffled.

brady
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Great list, i read this a couple of years ago when i was diagnosed, helped a lot. Thanks :)

annie
09-30-2011, 04:02 AM
yes there is that was so funny a great show that modern family.

Lola
10-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Hey everyone! I'm really new to this forum things, so I'll just give it a try. I read the symptom list and couldn't believe how many symptoms I actually have but couldn't put into words yet. In my case it gets worse in the evening. After I wake up and generally my entire morning is alright but the symptoms start after or during lunch. Does that happen to you too? I don't really know what to do now that I've noticed that I probably suffer from anxiety. I've read that it can't actually kill you but I'm still afraid of having a fear stroke or a panic attack or something like that. Should I go see a doctor? It all actually started a year after I moved out for college in another country. I really long to go back home but don't know if I should. So many questions... Thanks to those who will answer.

pink
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Is it actually possible to pass out because of anxiety?? Whenever I get anxious I feel like I am going to pass out, but my mom tells me I never actually will. The thing is I REALLY DO feel like I will faint and I think that adds to my anxiety.

chronic_sufferer
10-18-2011, 12:40 AM
i suffer severely with all those symptoms and its really taken over my life i would love to speak to someone who can relate to me ???

ashcole
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM
what about excess saliva is it a symptom

ashcole
10-21-2011, 10:18 PM
what about excess saliva

trotter82
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Im new here Hi everyone hope your having an ok day,
im happy with an ok day dont expect good days anymore;)
this symptom list is reassuring in a way but i guess nomatter how many times we read it we still convince ourselves otherwise.
im having a bad time at the mo ,ive had anxiety/depression aswell on and off for about 10 years now ,being lucky enough to get over it for a while in places but its always there lurking in the closet waiting to surface when things are bad.
My symptoms at the moment are:-
chest pain
shoulder pain
neck pain
burning sensation in chest,neck,shoulder
swallowing difficulties
sweating
burning face
prickly sensations all over the place usually when im in sweaty mode.
tingly fingers
sore throat
pain in right breast area
dry throat
heartburn type feelings
have to make effort to breath properly
shakey legs and hands
ibs
belching excessively
dizziness
weird vision which goes blurred
crying alot
get angry about feeling like this

Probably a million more things but those are the worst ,i constantly convince myself i have terminal illness usually cancer,i cant even hear the word without nearly fainting,if someone talks about cancer i start sweating and my ears ring,so stupid isnt it but i bet from looking at your posts im not alone .
i dont know anyone personally that suffers from this so its nice to know im not the only person like this,sometimes you feel like a complete nutcase and it makes me feel embaressed and ashamed of myself.
ive had blood tests,ultrasounds and see my gp like every week with new problems ,i so wish i was normal :(
huge hugs to anyone else going through simular it really is terrible.
I just hold out hope that i will get out of it again,in 2007 i had a really bad spell and never thaught id recover yet i did(not for long) but there is light at the end of the tunnel for us all im sure of itxxx

littlelauren
10-25-2011, 01:36 PM
hi, im so glad i read through that list you posted. ive had anxiety for the past year but about 2 months ago i got put on 10mg citalapran, but im still having constant symptoms. ive been feeling extremely weak in my legs and arms, its almost as if i cant move them without it making a lot of effort, i keep getting weird dizzy spells where my head feels heavy and foggy, it just feels like im about to pass out. ive had others like a tight chest, tremors, puke quite often, diahorrea and sometimes i just feel petrified when i feel like this because they can last 24/7 for days on end. ive had blood test done which all came back clear, but no other tests so far. i just dont think i can accept this is all anxiety, it just doesnt feel normal. i can see a lot of people from just reading this forum have the same problems :/ does anyone have any tips for dealing with these physical symptoms? any help would be much appreciated!x

VincentNew
11-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Even Napoleon had his Watergate.

DocSi
11-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Myra, go buy a sleep mouth guard, it will be the best thing you've bought in a while. I had to buy one because I was grinding my teeth hard in my sleep and was experiencing tooth pain from it. With the mouth guard I don't have tooth pain at all anymore. It does feel silly at first but you get used to it quick. I actually need to go buy a new one as I've almost chewed through the one I have..haha..

TheDunmer
12-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Is it in any way normal to be seeing tracers with the movement of your hands and what not with anxiety? I have been seeing them for a couple days now and its freaking me out

SearchingforAnswers
12-28-2011, 10:16 AM
thedunmer:
Do you use recreational drugs?
If so, that could be to blame.
If not, I'm sure anxiety would play a role. From my experience with anxiety, it seems as if it is capable of turning unrealistic things into reality. It's a weird condition.

alankay
12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Littlelauren, if you had those feelings before the citalopram, it might be be that you need to go to 20mg. 10mg is 1/2 normal starting dose and often ssri's are started at 1/2 dose for a few weeks to avoid side effects. Ask your doc about that. Anyway yes, you can have those feelings. Some think that part of the reason we are anxious is we are over sensitive to our bodies or pay waayyyyy much attention to them. Worry about this all feeds into it. I bet if you are really busy and occupied you don't get these feeling so much. You're distracted and if so that just supports the opinion that it's just a symptom of anxiety. Increasing the citalopram with your docs. OK might help this. Message me any time! Alankay.

muzikluvr79
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I grind in my teeth too. Is that as a result of anxiety?

Persephone
12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
thanks for the list, when i started to recognise all the things on the list that happen to me it was strangely comforting, not because now i know i have issues for certain, but that i know i am not alone in having them. it helped, thanks x

nowglad
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Jitters, thank you for the comprehensive list of anxiety symptoms. This is the best list on the web for anxiety symptoms.

Anxiety is real. I appreciate you guys sharing with me. It is a comfort to know there are others here who also know what anxiety is like.

Lyndsey28
01-12-2012, 08:09 AM
This list covers just about all the horrid symptoms I have suffered with whilst thinking I was seriously ill - was eventually diagnosed with generalised anxiety and panic disorder. Its good to know someone understands how terrible this thing can make you feel and how many ways it can alter our body and mind xx

chilliconcarnage
01-22-2012, 04:47 AM
I get this weird "creepy" feeling. Its almost like im scared of myself, if that makes sense? I sometimes also dont like to look in mirrors or feel that im going to look in the mirror and pull an evil/angry face. Yeah i know it sounds very weird, but I think its related to hypersensitivity to anxiety and in general, fear. Its not very nice having to explain it on here but im just being honest. plus I also want to mention it incase anyone else has ever felt like this, just so people dont feel alone if they do.

shanrocks8
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Hiya Stephanie,
Yeah i am an anxiety sufferer and i get a lot of symptoms although there are hundreds of symptoms and everybody has different ones. Mine are
dizzyness,
lightheadedness,
feeling relly depressed,
sweaty palms,
unsteadiness,
hyperventalating
wobbly,
tense shoulders
numbness

and i totally hate open spaces, i start panicking when i am in a big open space, its awful. I have panic disorder and agoraphobia, i find it so hard to leave my house, ive had this for a long time, im 21 next week and trying hard to get better. its a battle but ile get there.
are u an anxiety sufferer, anxiety symptoms are horrid but they are only sensations they cannot kill you.

frognchips
02-17-2012, 04:06 AM
This was soooo helpful, thankyou. I've been having doubts that I even have anxiety and this has just cleared it all up. :D

jt723
02-18-2012, 03:20 PM
i also get the phiysical symptoms and the only ything that seems to help are benzos. i dont wanna have to take em forever

Meche
02-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Having never suffered anxiety in my 38 years (until 2 weeks) ago that list really helped. I'm new to this forum and still trying to understand why and where this anxiety has come from. Each symptom freaks me out and makes me more anxious so I'm still trying to figure out what I do from here.

miss_mac666
02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I have quite the list of symptoms, here goes.....

heart races
short quick breaths
eyes twitch
lip tenses up and twitches
hands clench
pit in my stomach
fear, over powering fear
tingling in legs and arms

a few more

miss_mac666
02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
i also get the phiysical symptoms and the only ything that seems to help are benzos. i dont wanna have to take em forever

i was given k-pins by my doc, not shrink... i was taking them for over a year and my doc just stopped giving them to me... i found myself addicted to them and getting angry because she wouldnt give me them anymore. she didnt even wean me off of them so i had to detox by myself. during the detox i went back to the shrink and told her what was going on, i didnt tell her right away that i had a problem with them, she kind of picked it up on her own. my point is we cant depend on any benzos at all.... they will eventually kill us. i was so bad that i bought them from a friend (which i have never done in my life). now im suffering in my own mind because i think that they are the only thing that can help me, but on the other hand they will kill me

costaboy
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM
sucks :[ sucks really bad

miss_mac666
02-21-2012, 06:03 PM
yea it does. i will be on later or tmrw. so we can talk about our same phobia.

Skizo
02-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Are all these symptoms caused by 100% anxiety/depression? Like dizziness and reduced hearing?

miss_mac666
02-23-2012, 09:52 AM
i pretty sure dizziness is, i dont have a problem with hearing. my focus is almost always off. i used to wear glasses so i was kind of thinking that glasses would help my focus. also when im driving at night i cant see at all. and im scared of the dark, not seeing anything freaks me out like effin crazy

Skizo
02-23-2012, 09:53 AM
miss mac, if you are taking ADs or smoking weed why aren't you gettinf over depression/anxiety?

miss_mac666
02-23-2012, 10:05 AM
yea but i just started on my AD's three weeks ago, i was on them for 2 months and couldnt afford them for 2 months so im waiting for them to make me feel better...

Skizo
02-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Why are these ADs so expensive? Are you taking original brand? The counterfeit brands are 5 times cheaper but work the same.

traysclay
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
it is astounding how many symptoms I have. I think it is time to go back for Therapy. I want my life back. :(

miss_mac666
03-02-2012, 10:48 AM
well in order for me to even get a script i had to see my med doctor.... one visit is 185 dollors. so i couldnt afford that every month. now i dont pay a thing to see my med doc. im going to see her on monday and i cant wait any longer. i think i need a switch up on my meds. my anxiety is through the roof. i didnt sleep a wink last night and its stressing me out even more. i need rest or my anxiety will get worse. ahh i need a med thats used as needed but i had a problem with benzos... i dont know what to do at all...... is there anything out there thats not benzo that is for as needed use???

MainerMikeBrown
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
My dentist says that everyone grinds their teeth. He said we do it sub-consciously.

Rgib95
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Very detailed and comprehensive. Not too many things to add here, but certainly worth the read. Some I would not have thought of though.

rumormill
05-14-2012, 01:49 AM
I constantly worry about irrevocably ruining my life and letting down my family members. Constantly.

Jen Victoria Macdonald
05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I also grind my teeth really bad.. I have had to have private dental care to completely repair my teeth and now have to wear a mouth guard at night. They are not fun! This has happened for years though and I'd say it is definitely a symptom of my anixety.

ReanimatedAngel
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't just feel like I'm going to faint...I do faint sometimes whenever I have an anxiety attack. I hate this because it confirms my fears so I am stuck in this endless cycle of fearing fainting, fainting, and so on and so forth. bleh. I also overheat and sweat buckets. And my chest feels like it's going to explode. My thinking gets all disoriented.

swany970
06-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I have had every symptom pretty much on this list..........Im so glad i am not the only one!

wantmylifeback
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I had every single one in the mood section. I had about half of all the others too. Crazy. Never seen my symptoms laid out in front of me....

ATOMS
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi all,

New here, just found this site a few days ago and joined. Thought I posted this once but it never went through. My first bout with this condition started about 4 years ago and I had no idea what was happening. I ended up in the ER only to be told by the emergency phy. that she thought I was having an anxiety attack. I thought she was crazy as I wasn't anxious or nervous about anything at the time. I then proceeded with several visits to my local family doctor which did every test know to man. blood, urine, thyroid, sugar, I even went to a cardiologist and had a stress test performed. Each time they came back with your fine, perfectly normal. That was good news but it didn't explain the symptoms I was having or the issues at the time. I got down so bad at one point that I was willing to try anything to get rid of this feeling I was having in my head. So the doc talked me in to trying wellbutrin which I started on and I also tried paxil which i had a very bad experience with. I want to say I hate taking pills as I don't want to be reliant on anything, heck I hate taking cold medicine and only will it I have to,.. It's 4 years later and I'm still taking the wellbutrin. After the first few months I started to feel better but didn't know if it was the medicine or just my mind getting better. Don't get me wrong here, I still had spells from time to time but nothing like the first ones were and they usually subsided within 1 to 2 days. I think my original problem in my mind that I had brought the anxiety on and not just a panic or anxiety attack. I know this post has been going for a long time but I wanted to list some of my symptoms and the order they take place. I also wanted to ask if anyone else have certian symptoms here that don't seem to be as common as symptoms others have. so here they are.... notice that the anxiety don't really start until the third phase.

Usually the first symptoms come on like this....
tunnel effect / find myself wanting to stare into space
dizzy light headed feeling / almost like your drugged
Brain Fog... (this is the one I have the hardest time explaining to my doc, family and friends) It's a very weird feeling
Trouble concentrating: If I put up a fight with these I can prevent some of the following symptoms from rearing their heads
fatigued

If the above are pesistant or escalate then comes these...
frequent urination : I can always tell anxiety is coming with this one
drymouth: same as above
belching excessively: even when I haven't eaten anything
loss of appetite
easily startled by noises (loud or normal)
agitated easily
loud noises seem to agrivate the symptom

If the above become severe enough then come these symptoms AKA minor anxiety Note: if I try real hard to concentrate on something else, work, speaking to people, reading ect.
I can stop some of the following symptoms from progressing but It don't work all the time.
Feels like your losing your mind / going crazy
fear of dying or having an undiagnosed illness
brain actually hurts sometimes (Note) not the same feeling as a headache
hot flashes over mainly face but can be entire body
extra sensativity to heat
ability to have increased ability of smell, taste and hearing
fear of needing to getting away from people and places before the full blown attack happens.

And then the biggy.... The FULL BLOWN ANXIETY ATTACK
If this takes place then I usually spend a few days layed up recovering from the attack
Racing / or irregular heart beat
tingleing in hands, feet, arms and head
irregular breathing
feels like I might passout or faint
Extremely fatigued / tired afterward
nauseated

My main question is... How many of your have simalar symptoms to mine in the first and second catagory before you actually experience anxiety? The biggest mystery to me is the brain fog / dizzy and lightheadedness. How many of you feel this? I become used to the problem so I don't go into a full blown anxiety attack very often.

dissdam0118
07-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Ive felt almost every one of these when they first started it was mainly numbness at the top of my cheek sometimes down my arm, dry mouth and dizziness. Also yawning over and over again to get more air.Now its shortness of breathe dizziness and feeling faint I get that major fight or flight reaction and so even if i feel faint from it I still have the strengh to run out of wherever the heck I am. What I hate the most though is the feeling of a shock over my entire body of fear. Its like a burst of electricity and fear through my whole body mainly in public situations. Its like the feeling when someone jumps out and scares you.

troy294
07-24-2012, 04:11 AM
I get the dizziness, feel weird in head and head aches

orangeribbons
07-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Blindness. I've actually gone blind twice during panic attacks. Has that ever happened to anyone else? Very scary. :(

dissdam0118
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Orangeribbons yes my vision has gone completly cloudy like black tv static dureing really bad panic attacks. These are ones where I feel most in danger with my worst triggers.

truitt661
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Great list I didn't know that some of these would be symptoms of anxiety.

Meggieliz
08-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Do any of you have weird eye disturbances happening? I have gone to the eye doc and she has told me that I have detached "floaters" in my line of vison, which freaks me out because I can see them when moving my eyes back and forth. Also, occasionally, I will see little blue flashes of light in my peripheral and it's very sudden and goes away immediately. Anyone else?

1Laticia
08-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I get lip numbness, one side of the body feels weaker, dry throat, tmj, and feel like pins are poking me in the throat.

ldn-1985
08-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Its a well put together list but to be honest it is very very general and anyone could feel these symptoms.

Maybe its here ti make us feel like 'oh thank god someone else is feeling these feelings' but to be fair i think we are more rare or unique than this.

countrygirl01
09-06-2012, 03:06 AM
yes it is :) dont worry about yourself, its purely mental :)

troy294
09-06-2012, 03:16 AM
What website was it ??

blondie80
09-17-2012, 12:03 AM
wow, I ALMOST HAVE ALL THAT.
:confused:

ananxiousgirl
09-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Wow, this is helpful, thanks.

DevonRose
09-20-2012, 05:56 AM
I, too, have been completely convinced that I have every horrific illness known to man...currently my anxiety is trying to tell me that I need a liver function test because i THINK I have a pain in the area of my liver but when i really think about it i don't actually feel a pain there at all not to mention I haven't had a drink in over four years so what could be wrong with my liver at 30 years old?! it's crazy how much influence the mind can have over the body. people who know me laugh and make fun of me because i always think there is something wrong...but i think to myself how much laughing would they do if they knew how much i REALLY obsess over it? people outside of my head only see a small portion of the activity that goes on inside my brain hahahaha! I have recently taken up yoga and meditation and i have actually found that it helps....also, going to the gym and running on a treadmill and lifting weights helps because i tell myself "if i was dying would i be able to do all of these things?" hahaha

get busy living
09-21-2012, 06:55 AM
* Chronic Fatigue
* Electric shock feeling
* Muscle twitching
* Startle easily
* Trembling or shaking
* Warm spells

Chest

Emotions
* Dramatic mood swings
* Emotions feel wrong

Fears
* Fear of dying
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom

Head

Hearing

Mind
* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Feelings of unreality

Mood
* Depression

Mouth/Stomach
* Difficulty swallowing
* Dry mouth

Sleep

Sight
* Spots in the vision

Touch
* Numbness
* Pain

• Having a heart attack
• Dying prematurely
• Losing control
• Not breathing properly
• Choking or suffocating
• Being alone

Symptoms I have experienced. The ones I'm experiencing most currently are in bold.

tainted lotus
10-02-2012, 01:56 AM
If this where on paper & I was checking off the things that effect me, I would run out of ink! Oy vay! :eek:

mdbyrne
10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
So, after reading that list. I think I finally figured out what the hell is wrong with me. Two extended combat deployments 13 years in the military a possible future deployment, moving to a different and more demanding job a couple of months ago, my wife is currently deployed and having some health issues (that may just be anxiety causing my back to hurt and muscles to twitch and spasm and feel tired and the appendage numbness and tingling) I think all finally came to a head. I guess the human mind can only withstand so much before it breaks loose and causes the body to react. Also googling my symptoms did not help my anxiety... For the love of Jesus WebMd is the most horrible thing ever invented. Until I found these forums a couple of days ago I was convinced I had ALS or MS.

mdbyrne
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
* Chronic Fatigue
* Electric shock feeling
* Muscle twitching Experiencing this big time
* Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the bodyHad it so bad a few weeks ago I went to the ER thinking I had injured my back
* Startle easily
* Trembling or shakingFull body trembling
* Warm spells

Chest

Emotions
* Dramatic mood swings
* Emotions feel wrong

Fears
* Fear of dying
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom

Head

Hearing

Mind
* Fear of going crazy
* Fear of losing control
* Fear of impending doom
* Feelings of unreality

Mood
* Depression

Mouth/Stomach
* Difficulty swallowing Large lump in my throat; right now feel like I forgot how to swallow
* Dry mouth

Sleep

Sight
* Spots in the vision

Touch
* Numbness
* Pain

• Having a heart attack
• Dying prematurely
• Losing control
• Not breathing properly
• Choking or suffocating
• Being alone

Symptoms I have experienced. The ones I'm experiencing most currently are in bold.

jacques1927
10-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Do anyone get like a bolt of lightning has gone into them and they have to catch themselves?

oliveoil424
11-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Hello, I'm new. I just want to say how happy I am to have found this forum and this list, especially. I know anxiety isn't anything to scoff at but it makes me happy to know that how I feel is common and happens to a lot of people, and that I'm not really dying or having heart problems or any of that. I hope to get to know you all soon and help, and get help, dealing with my anxiety.

grandma2
11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Hello, I'm new. I just want to say how happy I am to have found this forum and this list, especially. I know anxiety isn't anything to scoff at but it makes me happy to know that how I feel is common and happens to a lot of people, and that I'm not really dying or having heart problems or any of that. I hope to get to know you all soon and help, and get help, dealing with my anxiety.

Hiya I'm new too, don't know if I'm doing this properly, I don't seem to know where I'm going..(nothing new there then)... Lol

flinthills
11-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Hiya I'm new too, don't know if I'm doing this properly, I don't seem to know where I'm going..(nothing new there then)... Lol

I am 38, have been to the emergency room to many times to count, have had a heart cath done, and just about everything in between. I wish the anxiety had been diagnosed earlier. I tell everyone who gives me grief about always going to the doctor, or emergency room, what you do? If you have symptoms that sound similar to something serious, would you stay home and do nothing about it? My latest symptoms, that keep me from falling asleep, are the heart flutters, or one faster, or harder beat. Along with the tickle, that makes me cough. I have been sleeping very well for the last two weeks, then this? Any ideas how to get through these?

flinthills
11-24-2012, 01:06 PM
What also triggers my anxiety, is my IBS. All the doctors tell you IBS can be painful, but unless you are the one having the pain, they cannont describe the severity. So, whenever I have a pain in my stomach, whether it be in the front, the side, it triggers me to think I have something major going on?

nicole123x
12-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Hi all,

New here, just found this site a few days ago and joined. Thought I posted this once but it never went through. My first bout with this condition started about 4 years ago and I had no idea what was happening. I ended up in the ER only to be told by the emergency phy. that she thought I was having an anxiety attack. I thought she was crazy as I wasn't anxious or nervous about anything at the time. I then proceeded with several visits to my local family doctor which did every test know to man. blood, urine, thyroid, sugar, I even went to a cardiologist and had a stress test performed. Each time they came back with your fine, perfectly normal. That was good news but it didn't explain the symptoms I was having or the issues at the time. I got down so bad at one point that I was willing to try anything to get rid of this feeling I was having in my head. So the doc talked me in to trying wellbutrin which I started on and I also tried paxil which i had a very bad experience with. I want to say I hate taking pills as I don't want to be reliant on anything, heck I hate taking cold medicine and only will it I have to,.. It's 4 years later and I'm still taking the wellbutrin. After the first few months I started to feel better but didn't know if it was the medicine or just my mind getting better. Don't get me wrong here, I still had spells from time to time but nothing like the first ones were and they usually subsided within 1 to 2 days. I think my original problem in my mind that I had brought the anxiety on and not just a panic or anxiety attack. I know this post has been going for a long time but I wanted to list some of my symptoms and the order they take place. I also wanted to ask if anyone else have certian symptoms here that don't seem to be as common as symptoms others have. so here they are.... notice that the anxiety don't really start until the third phase.

Usually the first symptoms come on like this....
tunnel effect / find myself wanting to stare into space
dizzy light headed feeling / almost like your drugged
Brain Fog... (this is the one I have the hardest time explaining to my doc, family and friends) It's a very weird feeling
Trouble concentrating: If I put up a fight with these I can prevent some of the following symptoms from rearing their heads
fatigued

If the above are pesistant or escalate then comes these...
frequent urination : I can always tell anxiety is coming with this one
drymouth: same as above
belching excessively: even when I haven't eaten anything
loss of appetite
easily startled by noises (loud or normal)
agitated easily
loud noises seem to agrivate the symptom

If the above become severe enough then come these symptoms AKA minor anxiety Note: if I try real hard to concentrate on something else, work, speaking to people, reading ect.
I can stop some of the following symptoms from progressing but It don't work all the time.
Feels like your losing your mind / going crazy
fear of dying or having an undiagnosed illness
brain actually hurts sometimes (Note) not the same feeling as a headache
hot flashes over mainly face but can be entire body
extra sensativity to heat
ability to have increased ability of smell, taste and hearing
fear of needing to getting away from people and places before the full blown attack happens.

And then the biggy.... The FULL BLOWN ANXIETY ATTACK
If this takes place then I usually spend a few days layed up recovering from the attack
Racing / or irregular heart beat
tingleing in hands, feet, arms and head
irregular breathing
feels like I might passout or faint
Extremely fatigued / tired afterward
nauseated

My main question is... How many of your have simalar symptoms to mine in the first and second catagory before you actually experience anxiety? The biggest mystery to me is the brain fog / dizzy and lightheadedness. How many of you feel this? I become used to the problem so I don't go into a full blown anxiety attack very often.

Hi, this is how I know I am going to have a anxiety attack, all of the top list of things happen to me thats when I know im going to have an attack! Also the rest of the list are the exact same as me during an attack!

justconfused
12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes the brain fog is by far the hardest to explain. When I was at the doctor I felt like an idiot trying to explain it. You just feel like you are literally going to forget how to do easy bodily functions such as breathing, and you fear you will go crazy or die or just whatever it is at that time. Then there is this feeling like not a headache, but just a strange feeling like an invisible balloon inflating in your head making you not be able to think right. Then when it goes away you are left with a jittery feeling. I often attribute the feeling with my body trying to get happy to keep it away. It's weird.

terminallybored
01-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Does anyone get a weird 20-30 second tingling sensation on their head that is similar to chills, just without the cold feeling? >:[ I've been getting this for weeks now and it's scaring the hell out of me. To me tingling = stroke. Haven't been to the doctor about it though because I just know he'll just shrug it off as something anxiety related.

mrsmischief
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Does anyone get a weird 20-30 second tingling sensation on their head that is similar to chills, just without the cold feeling? >:[ I've been getting this for weeks now and it's scaring the hell out of me. To me tingling = stroke. Haven't been to the doctor about it though because I just know he'll just shrug it off as something anxiety related.

I get it in my hands actually.

speedball
01-11-2013, 12:47 AM
derealization

mrsmischief
01-11-2013, 02:16 PM
derealization

How is the tingling derealization exactly?

adamcarey
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm glad to see that all of my symptoms have been experienced before. I thought I was just picturing the electric shocks in my hand - they happen as I'm about to sleep and I'm shocked then I'm wide awake again. I'm 17 years old and wasn't really sure what all the symptoms were until my GP informed me about anxiety classes, the first of which starts tomorrow...I initially thought I had a thyroid problem (hyperthyroidism) and I'm not really sure which is worse but my symptoms got worse as I waited for my blood test results on my thyroid hormone levels which is obviously a tell-tale sign. I've had most of my symptoms for as long as I can remember but they worsened over the last year or two and I'm just hoping in the near future I can learn to deal with it.

Sorry for the long and somewhat useless prologue but I'd like somebody to talk to about anxiety (preferably a teenager as it would be easier to relate). Thank you, Adam :)

bamboosh
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
I have most of theese symptoms 24/7 lately :(

bamboosh
01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Also get this weird thing where I have to walk with my hands in my pockets or it feels weird lol sounds crazy i know

mrsmischief
01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety. What are these anxiety classes you speak of? My blood test said i was vitamin deficient so I'm now taking supplements with my meds. Im only 24 and feel like a pharmacy

anthonyjbro760
01-25-2013, 01:47 PM
I get

Sweats in mornings and sometimes in day
Chest pains or mild tightness
Tingling n tightness in jaw neck and head
Racing and obsessive thoughts bout being sick and dying of numbers of illness
Frequent urination at times
Mild constipation
Tiredness
Blurry vision or sometimes spaced out and detached
Appetite changes sometimes not hungry or over hungry
Excessive burping
Itching sometimes
Light pains all over

I don't know what to think sometimes if I'm internals sick or its just anxiety I hate this feel like I'm dying of multiple cancers or infections :(

anthonyjbro760
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
And also muffling in ears or ringing sound

mrsmischief
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
And also muffling in ears or ringing sound

I was so sure that i had a mystery illness that no one could diagnose. And it turned out that i simply suffer from chronic anxiety. I had all tests done. Mri's, blood, xrays, they even stuck a camera down my throat. All to no a veil. I have chronic anxiety and we just learned recently that I'm vitamin deficient. The vitamin supplements have had a huge impact on me in just two days. Im still waiting for my anti depressant to kick in which will take about a month. But those vitamins have really made a difference. O get blood work done and see what you're lacking!

anthonyjbro760
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Does anybody get the sweats at times sometimes in the morning or middle of the day?

amzmac
01-31-2013, 02:32 AM
Hi, I am new and hoping talking to other might help me, mostly because every time I try to talk to someone about my symptoms they think I am being stupid. I have had anxiety before where I can't eat and get tired and sad, but this time roun I have that plus more, I feel shaky as well as feeling a little dizzy which in my case is making me feel worst as the reason I am so anxious is because I am worried I will get really sick. It sucks because this has been happening for a few weeks and I am wanting to feel normal again.