PDA

View Full Version : Stomachaches!

brittany09
07-25-2012, 09:28 AM
URGHH. Who gets these and what do you take for it? If anything helps. My anxiety was bad last night for the first time in over a month and I woke up with probably the worst stomachache I've ever had. I can't stand it. I'm nauseous and getting anxious just from how bad my stomachache is!!

raggamuffin
07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I get bad stomach aches too. Sometimes it's trapped wind and to relieve that as crude as it sounds you need to be on your knees with your bum up in the air as if you were looking for something under your bed and it helpos you to pass the gas. I had blood tests to see if there were any issues and they came back today fine. So I think it's just stress and nerves. Peppermint tea is good for settling the stomach. If its worse after eating might be worth speaking to the doctor to see if it's IBS. My pains can be virtually anywhere in the abdomen. Sometimes even the lower ribs too. For me it hurts at any time though, doesn't really hurt after eating. Sometimes it hurts as soon as I wake up. It's quite unsettling. Pepto-bismol sometimes helps. Or if i'm feeling nauseous too then ginger and lemon tea. Or just sliced ginger in boiling water might help to ease your stomach.

Ed

Tristanayoubi
07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Trust me, its completely normal don't stress out or freak out about them, it will only make things worse

dazza
07-26-2012, 01:09 AM
I trust you've had your guts checked by the docs?
You may have an acid reflux issue?

As a day-to-day stomach settler, I like Alka-Seltzers. They're good for upset stomach, acid indigestion and headache.

agraves911
07-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I get the same thing and seeing as I'm terrified of puking, being nauseous makes me even more anxious. I take tums because anxiety gives me heartburn and indigestion.

dazza
07-27-2012, 12:37 AM
By the way, I guess you've heard that; when in panic or fight/flight mode - the majority of fresh, adrenlin-rich blood is diverted to the vital organs (heart, lungs, etc.) in order to prepare us for action.

Less blood is fed to the stomach causing us to poo-poo and wee-wee (lose weight to gain running speed)

With this in mind, it's little wonder we get funny tummies. Personally I can say that anxiety has caused me some pretty nasty toilet action in the past, lol