PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety trigger migranes?

IloveGod
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a migraine everyday. Really starting to think it's a cluster headache. Anyway it's really painful, waiting to see neurologists. My therapist says anxiety can trigger migraines. What do you think?

luckydog
07-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I have a migraine everyday. Really starting to think it's a cluster headache. Anyway it's really painful, waiting to see neurologists. My therapist says anxiety can trigger migraines. What do you think?

It absolutely can. I live with both daily. During my separation from my husband, for finances we stayed in the same house...he turned hostile. That was hell on earth. The docs think it triggered my fibro

IloveGod
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
It absolutely can. I live with both daily. During my separation from my husband, for finances we stayed in the same house...he turned hostile. That was hell on earth. The docs think it triggered my fibro

Sorry you had that experience. Wow, what kind of treatment/ medicine did you or do you use?

samantha1007
07-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I have the same sort of thing. Headaches and pressure in my head/

hopeNfaith88
07-24-2012, 01:08 AM
I absolutely get migraines and tension headaches from anxiety. For me, i believe its because the heightened senses that anxiety causes makes me sensative to light and sound already, and then when i constantly focus on things in my view during depersonalization episodes, the eyestrain combined with the above gives me a migraine from hell. It makes me useless the whole day.

luckydog
07-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry you had that experience. Wow, what kind of treatment/ medicine did you or do you use?

When we were in the same house it was klonopin 4xa day and Valium when needed. Once I moved back to my home town away from him I got off the Valium...still take klonopin four times a day but a lower dose. I tried yoga...and therapy...they help now but back then when I was scared he'd get violent...they didn't help...oh and I also took ambien to make me sleep...but got off that as well

willstar
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Yep, I get them too! I had a CT scan, and all showed up normal.
Sometimes they are short, sharp pains that run from my neck to the top of my head.
Other times im stuck with a sinus headache for days on end.
I find rhinocort, or anti-histamine nose sprays give some relief.

tstont
07-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I've had migraines since age 9. One thing that has helped me is wearing a mouth guard at night. Turns out I clench my teeth when I sleep. The guard keeps my back teeth from touching. It has cut my headaches dramatically!

troy294
07-25-2012, 04:03 AM
I have head aches for ages . Same deal had a MRI and no brain tumour lol but bad sinus . I'm taking 2 sandimigraine tablets a day and seems to be helping . But anxiety can trigger head aches