PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! my experience..

memzy
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Hello everyone,

recently I moved house, moved in with my mother in law & father in law my partner & 2 young babies, I went to my doctor about a sore chest that i woke up with every morning for the past year & he told me it was anxiety, which i never believed i never felt anxious & wasnt worried about anything but he assured me “you dont have to be anxious to have anxiety” so he prescribed me propranolol, after a week of taking the propranolol my anxiety heightened to the point i was getting scary thoughts that literally scared the life out of me, i couldnt sleep, couldnt eat, couldnt think, i felt like i was walking around in a dream i even convinced myself that i was going insane. So i went back to the doctor, this time i tried a different doctor, she diagnosed me with depression, i definitly wasnt going to try the anti depressants she was trying to give me after the propranolol making my anxiety far worse, but since coming on here & reading everyones comments i know im not depressed, im suffering with anxiety i just need to try step up & fight these fears! i have been doing EFT/tapping & also looking into yoga so hopefully i can get rid of these horrible thoughts & feel like my usual self again, which i never thought i’d say, I miss my old self so much!xx

bhamlaxy
07-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Yikes- sounds a bit complicated. Doesn't seem like you should have been prescribed medication for a simple sore chest. It could easily be anxiety but it doesn't sound nearly bad enough to warrant medication yet.

Were you going to a doctor or a psychiatrist? I'd avoid general doctors for mental health issues- it's not their area of expertise and they make dumb decisions like putting you right on meds, and changing your diagnosis quickly and not making sense. It's kind of like going to a foot doctor for a toothache.

If you need to talk to a doctor in the future about it, please visit a psychiatrist. They know what they are talking about.

memzy
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I went to a general doctor, I've never seen a psychiatrist before and I'm not sure why I've always thought you had to be referred from your doctor to see one, but I'm definitely going to be seeing one asap, see thing that bothers me the most is I'm a smoker so the chest pains could easily have been something to do with the smoking and not anxiety I feel quite angry at the fact that no one would listen to me the especially the 2nd doctor i'd seen, when I told her before I took the propranolol I felt fine, but since taking them my mental health has went dramatically downhill, she just dismissed the fact and tried shoving me away with more pills.