PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of developing an allergy

Ashley StAmour
07-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Hey everyone! Im new here! Im 23 & a mother of two beautiful boys!

For the past 2 weeks, I have been terrified of developing a server allergy to all the foods i eat EVERYDAY!! I was talking with a friend of mine a few weeks ago and she said one day she randomly developed a cheese allergy and her throat got really tight. and ever since then im terrified!! I barely eat. I weigh 110lbs right now, i havent weighed my self recently but im sure im less than that now. I only eat hot dogs, chicken taquitos and crackers. I wont eat anything with egg, cheese, or milk in it. Im terrified im going to have a severe reaction and have my throat swell up and I'll die.

Can anyone help me??! My husband is thankfully being very understanding but I know he is getting frustrated. I know this is all in my head and I did just last week start counseling. But im starving. But I still cant get myself to eat anything I used to eat everyday! Help please!!

Damavandi
07-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi:

I recommend 2 books to you to read:

1. Power of Vitamin D

anxiousoutcast
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I OFTEN get this as well. I will eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a piece of fish or shellfish (which my brother is allergic to) and think my throat is closing. I have to tell myself that I've eaten these things my whole life and have never had a problem. Plus, I think this stuff halfway through eating the food do if I was going to have a reaction, it would have happened already.