PDA

View Full Version : Skin issues

sharjen
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Ive just really notice - as with everything else that goes on the top of my arms and chest are kinda red but when I'm stressing bout one thing or another they go redder- first noticed initial reddening about a month ago- I do itch after eating so not sure if that's linked
Anyone else here get this??
Suggestions Anyone?

dazza
07-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Howdy

Sounds like hives to me?

A normal skin reaction to stress (and allergies)

You probably itch after eating because our systems work a little harder while they digest food and our body temperature tends to rise a little.
Heat is a known cause for itchy hives.

Tried antihistamines?

sharjen
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I true antihistermines on and off but they don't even get rid of the itch let alone the redness

sharjen
07-08-2012, 10:30 AM
The doc keeps telling me it's allergies apart from the last time when she didn't know - virtually an allergy everyday !!

dazza
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Antihistamines are JUST for the itch... I don't think they claim to reduce redness? (might be wrong)

Maybe you've got an allergy to allergies? lol

Hmmmm... tried camomile lotion? (has a kinda cooling effect... sometimes used on chicken pox)

Tried non biological washing powders?

Are you very fair? (i.e. dazzingly white skin? lol... or red headed?) (don't think I can say ginger coz it's not politically correct)

dazza
07-08-2012, 11:53 AM
* dazzlingly

sharjen
07-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Lol I feel like I'm allergic to allergies- I'm dark- black hair olive skin so in some light I can look kind of red so I didn't pay much notice initially . The last time I had antihistamines the itch continued for 24 hrs then turned to burning don't know what's worse to be honest- not sure I want to take them again to be honest they make me feel terrible too. I tried becnovate cream that the doctor gave me and e45 neither do much. I thought( but might be wrong) that if it was hives the redness would go on antihistermines because it blocks the histamine release