PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of choice: Music

laurandisorder
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
What are some of your favourite tracks to listen to that help clear out of the cobwebs and help regulate moods and anxiety?

For me; If I'm feeling mellow, I listen to some Florence + the Machine or tool. I also like Muse (pre 2006) and The Mars Volta.

If Im sad and want to revel in it, I can't go past Aimee Mann, Beth Orton and Massive Attack.

If I need to get fired up for excercise I go a lot more metal/punk; Spinnerette (Valium Knights is a favourite), Slipknot, Bleeding Through, System of a Down, Flyleaf, Korn and I don't even mind a bit of dubstep...

My weird and eclectic music tastes. How about you guys!?

wantmylifeback
07-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Right now I'm really into Of Monsters and Men. Amazing band from Iceland. Their best songs are little talks, dirty paws, six weeks, and king and lionheart. Highly suggest checking them out. That's my happy music

If I'm sad, I listen to Jose gonzalez.

joshbagosh
07-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Jeremy Camp is by far my favorite person to listen to when I'm feeling anxious! Look him up!

Chiliphil1
07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
For relaxation, I love classic rock, maybe even some old blues.

For inspiration I get into a lot of punk and metal. Penny wise, bad religion, black label society, Metallica, etc...

One song I love that makes me want to punch anxiety in the face is a song called this is now the bad that does it is hatebreed. Its a very heavy song, but the lyrical content fits to a t.