PDA

View Full Version : Im new

davesmith
06-29-2012, 04:33 AM
Hi im a 25 year old man and suffer with extreme anxiety to the point where I cannot eat sleep or function. I had about 5 years where it was controllable but the last week had been very tough, I broke up with my girlfriend about 6 months ago and haven't been right since. I'm really struggling and would love to hear from someone who may understand and have some advice.

feliciaxann
07-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Hey Dave! I've dealt with anxiety for years too. I'm 18 years old and have had mild anxiety all my life. The past 6 months have been rough. I went through a breakup also. Things weren't going well , although we had been together for 3 years. I decided to break it off and things haven't been well for me since after it all happened. Some days I feel doomed but you have to learn how to cope with these things instead of trying to rid them. Eating right and exercise is a must. You don't have to be ready for the olympics but walking 30 minutes a day helps. Also , there's some books out there on amazon. I would search them and read some reviews. I've gotten some workbooks for anxiety on there but haven't tried them yet. Relation and deep breathing supposedly help. When your panicy don't try and stop it from happened , let it happen and accept that things are okay. Don't feel your mind with negativity like "I'm going to pass out" or "what if something is happened to me" tell yourself that things are okay and that it's just anxiety. Sometimes telling yourself things are wrong will provoke it more. I know these things are harder said than done but things always get better so hang on to some hope and don't give up. :)

feliciaxann
07-01-2012, 02:47 AM
I hope my advice will help. :)

feliciaxann
07-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Sorry for the typos. My phone has auto correct and a mind of its own. :)

Damavandi
07-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi davesmith.

All, I can suggest is to get your vitamin d3 tested.
It seems that you have deficiency in this vital vitamin.

Best wishes,
Ali

davesmith
07-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks guys I went to see a hypnotherapist yesterday and it helped me to be able to relax a little. I'm still very anxious about the week ahead, but keep telling myself that it won't be as bad as i think. I've also tried breathing techniques etc but am open to any other suggestions.