PDA

View Full Version : jaw clenching

kiwiang
06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
well 3 weeks on prozac 10mg doc wants to up to 20mg so said take half morning half night, bit of muck up and I ended up taking 30mg (10 morning and 20 before bed) lets just say I did not sleep well-if at all? and severe anxiety all night:( sorted and back on 10mg morning but now have jaw clenching:( is this a prozac side effect?(or is it I am focusing on it) never had this on lexapro.....feeling quite down to:( am going to try 15mg for a few weeks before going to 20, or do I just give up and go back to lexapro as it works with the only side effect weight gain (and hell to come off)...I am back on weight watchers so maybe the weight won't pile on? prozac certainly curbs the desire to eat rubbish though:)

any advice appreciated
ang

Buttercup
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Jaw clenching is a side effect of lots of these meds. If it casues you pain thne you can get your dentist to make you a splint to wear at night and that reduces the pain and gives your jaws a rest when you are sleeping. I would keep going with the prozac as it can take a few weeks to get the dose right and for it to start kicking in.
B x