PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

CarJim75
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
I've been thinking, my job causes a lot of stress for me. I don't want to say I hate my job but I know I'm settling with what I do. You see about two years ago I was laid off and had to settle with the job I currently have.
Sometimes I just wanna quit and start over. The only thing holding me back is a car payment. Would it be so bad if i just sold the car, quit my job and started over, career wise?

JAug
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
That's an answer you really need to ask yourself. If you're stressed about having the job, how will not having a job in an economy where there are no jobs feel?

I'm not doing what i love at the moment, but I am employeed, I have a place to live and I can enjoy myself a bit. I live within my means and that's fine.

CarJim75
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Good point!

Buttercup
06-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Why not look for another job and hold off quitting your current one until you have a new one. It would be unfortunate if you left your job and ended up being unemployed for months and being unemployed may have a negative effect on your mental health.
However if your current job is so bad that it's already affecting your mental health then that may be a different matter.

CarJim75
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Right now I'm having a anxiety attack at work. I'm staying relaxed and know it will pass. When I have an anxiety attack or panic attack, I always feel like I need to run to a safe place.

Anyway, Thank you for your feedback guys! I obviously didn't think this through. Dont want to be unemployed and then create more anxiety :(