PDA

View Full Version : ocd

Serenity 7
06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
i am on tablets to help my anxiety and ocd.setraline.but my ocd seems to be getting worse.its really starting to take over my life.the more i try and stop doing it the more i have to.which then creates anxiety.spoke to the doc.and she decreased my tablets cos it seemed to have got worse since i upped them.and tips on how to deal with my ocd better

hopeNfaith88
06-20-2012, 06:17 PM
What specific symptoms are you having?

Serenity 7
06-21-2012, 05:20 PM
where do i start.i have had ocd for as long as i can remember.its a numbers thing.and at the moment simple things like.getting a fork.i cant decide what one to take in case something bad happens.and its bad the now.how i get anything done i dont know

Serenity 7
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
and i was told to just keep tellimh myself nothing bad will happen.but then i get all anxious cos i want to do it

''sorridere''
06-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I have the same thoughts/feelings like when I am deciding to do something its like there is someone else in my head telling me what to do and if I don't do as they say then something bad will happen e.g. when I have to check if the front door is locked then I say to myself ''oh I cant be bothered'' and then it like if I dont get up and check if its locked then something bad will happen. It is just so draining!!!!

GadGal
06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I used to have eeaally bad OCD as a child an my mum told me I could say any bad words in my head to tell the habits to leave me alone "fuck off"etc, then she said don't do it for a few hours and see if anything bad will happen and eventually I just forgot to do the habits . Goodluck u just need to not do it

Serenity 7
06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
yeh i wish i had tackled it years ago.i always remember when i was young cutting all the ends of my chips.think thats when i first thought why im i doing this