PDA

View Full Version : Left arm pain?

ladyashley
01-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I've been experiencing pain in my left arm for a while now. It's off and on- somedays it will be completely normal then it will hurt for a couple weeks straight. Of course i get worried that it's something to do with my heart. I have had EKGs done with normal results...the pain is between the shoulder and elbow like where the big muscle is in the arm. Sometimes it is actual sharp pain and sometimes it just feels really tired. I feel like it does get worse when I am upset abou stuff but it is hard to tell. I also feel really bad palpatations in it....I will be sitting there and just feel my heart beat like crazy down my arm and in my hand....I think when I think about it it gets worse as well! :roll:
this is driving me crazy...I don't know what sort of doctor i should go to...and what tests they can run...
and i was also wondering if anyone else experiences this?!...
thank you!

Marcellaf
01-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi i get teh same things goin on with my left arm!! it goes from shooting pains, to muscle aches, to feeling like pins and needles...My heart also races all day everyday!

Ive been keeping a journal,reassuring myself its "just anxiety", and breathing, its helped alot.....the only pain i can complain of is my neck being stiff, and dizziness here and there

good luck!!

jitters
01-29-2007, 04:00 AM
They could do as many tests as you like, but it will still only be anxiety. The anxiety increases you blood pressure pumping the blood out firstly through your left arm before going around the rest of you body. This puts pressue on the arteries in you left arm causing them to expand quickly to allow the blood to flow through this causes a strange pain in you left arm. Try to remain calm when you feel this pain and accept it as a natural occurance. And gradually it will fade.

Duncan

ladyashley
01-29-2007, 07:52 AM
thanks for your replies.
Usually when i go to the doctors my bp is normal- however if it is my bloodpressure causing the pain in my left arm am i going to have to go on medication for that? It seems like if my left arm pain (which I have a lot) is my high blood pressure that could be dangerous?! I just don't want it to be anything serious :(

jitters
01-29-2007, 09:51 AM
No it's not that kind of high blood pressure. Your blood pressure goes up and down all the time when you are stressed it rises when you are at rest it goes back down. Its a natural thing high blood pressure only becomes a problem when it stays high consitatantly and is higher than avarage even when at rest. You dont need meds for your blood pressure but rather you need to treat the anxiety and you blood pressure will lower naturally. And seriously dont worry stressing about these thing simply increases symptoms. Unless you are about 70 your pains in your arm would be best treated as you would a tension headache as part of life, Nothing to worry about.

:)

Dont worry, Be happy.

LOL

Duncan

ladyashley
01-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Okay I will try not to worry about it.
Thanks Duncan! :D