PDA

View Full Version : Help me friend

bijeshad
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Whenever i feel stress i need togo bathroom and throw it if i dont go i feel i 'll do in my pant..which add fear to me....plz help...and i have a fear of diarrhoea when i go out like travelling,seminar,theatre,exam hall,openspace....plz help me to cure...

Buttercup
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
have you ever tried taking anti-diarrhoea tablets before you go out as a preventative measure?

alankay
05-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Have you seen a doc about meds and counsleing to lower anxiety? How long have been suffering with this? Alankay

bijeshad
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Thank u fren i've been taking anti diarrhoea meds but taking too much of meds can cause side effects....and whenevr i take med i dont have fear...it was 4 yrs back i had diarrhoea in bus i was unable to control it..since then my anxiety starts..different thoughts arise in my mind..and the main pblm is whenevr i feel fear/anxiety i again have diarrhoe...i had consult with doctor it helped me a lot especially cbt help me now i can travel anywhere in bus but i cannot go to exam hall,seminar hall,classroom,meetings etc ......plz help me

alankay
06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Sounds like a spasm of the bowel brought on by anxiety? Have you been on an ssri or benzo even if only for a trial??? A beta blocker might help as well. Alankay

overtonj
06-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I take nortriptoline (I think that's the name of it), due to that very reason. I take one dose at night and it has helped me. It reduces the function of the nerves in the gut when you get anxious. I was what the dr called a "gut responder". Because I would have anxiety wherever I would go because I would always have to know where the bathrooms were,etc... I would take immodium all the time also.