PDA

View Full Version : visualization

beach_bum
05-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi everyone

I thought I'd join this forum as it seems very helpful and friendly.

I suffer from depression caused by anxiety. Its not all doom and gloom , through a lot of hard work I've got a lot better but i still suffer bad anxiety a lot of the time. It looks like my anxiety stems from lack of self esteem and fear of disproval.

One technique i'm trying to master is visualization. I'm hoping i can use this to increase self esteem, believe in myself and deflate the anxiety. I can do the visualizing part really well, the trouble is I don't actually believe the visualization and therefore don't believe in myself.

An example would be my small business. I can visualize it being really successful and me becoming very happy, however when I stop the day dream I don't believe it will be true nor ever happen. Its the case for many other areas in my life.

Does anyone have a similar problem with visualization? Has anyone overcome it? Do people use visualization to overcome anxiety?

Thanks everyone

beach_bum
05-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Has anyone tried using the visualization technique at all?

Basil_art
05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I personally tried vizualization once, but without any success. What i really notice is that when i abstract myself with some new activity i stop being anxiuos at all.