PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Foggy. Any help would be appreciated!

Meggieliz
05-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to figure out a new symptom of mine which I am unsure coincides with my anxiety, and though I am not having an attack now, it's happened all day today. It feels like a sort of foggy mental state where it's hard to concentrate and difficult to find my words... It's almost difficult for me to type this at the moment. It feels as though I'm far away or floating away from myself and to tell the truth, is a very scary feeling. Also, it feels as though I have something squeezing my head tightly right now with a slight to moderate pain behind my eyes. This has been happening off and on for a few weeks now. Anyone have an idea or have had this experience? I'm driving myself crazy paying attention to all my weird symptoms and it's becoming maddening. Please help.

arsenalfun
05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to figure out a new symptom of mine which I am unsure coincides with my anxiety, and though I am not having an attack now, it's happened all day today. It feels like a sort of foggy mental state where it's hard to concentrate and difficult to find my words... It's almost difficult for me to type this at the moment. It feels as though I'm far away or floating away from myself and to tell the truth, is a very scary feeling. Also, it feels as though I have something squeezing my head tightly right now with a slight to moderate pain behind my eyes. This has been happening off and on for a few weeks now. Anyone have an idea or have had this experience? I'm driving myself crazy paying attention to all my weird symptoms and it's becoming maddening. Please help.

I think i understand you. Just don't focus so much about it, take a sleep, rest, turn of computer, TV everything, just lay a bit and rest. Than go to for a run, run for 30 minutes, and try to relax. Be social and be with friends. You will get better, just have faith in God :)

Meggieliz
05-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Thank you for that. I am trying and do have faith in God. :-)

wanttoheal
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi - those of us with anxiety tend to over breathe or hyperventilate. This is an unconscious habit. What happens is that your carbon dioxide levels get low and you can end up feeling very light headed or foggy. You can try breathing into a paper bag or closing one nostril and your mouth and taking a deep breath.

fresh
05-14-2012, 05:55 AM
I had the same problem and then I went back to the gym and ate the hypoglycemic diet along with supplements of B complex, omega 3,6,9 and magnesium. Now my mind is a clear as ever and I can think straight. If you interested in the diet you can find it here:
www .help-anxiety.net/articles/the-hypoglycemic-diet/

larmer
05-14-2012, 06:15 AM
I totally understand where ur coming from, I had a headache for 7 weeks and it was behind my eyes and every were in my head it was dreadful, this is a symptom with anxiety i know what ur going through, try and find ways to relax, go for walk it helps.

bec43
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
your not alone ive had the feeling for a while now. i have yet to get over it but i can tell you it doesnt help thinking about it all the time. just keep telling yourself you are ok and push yourself to do exercise and active things and it really helps diminish the symptoms. Also with the foggyness it makes it feel like you need to sleep it off buy i wouldn't recommend taking naps. it made me feel even more foggy than before.