PDA

View Full Version : Another panic attack

anxietykidd
04-18-2012, 05:38 PM
After all this time without a panic attack it happens today... Now my physical symptoms are gonna be even longer

anxietykidd
04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
4 weeks since the last attack...

brittany09
04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I have GAD,and usually it's manageable. But a month ago I had a panic attack and have had panic attacks/general anxiety/derealization since. Your still doing good! A lot of anxious people can't even go a couple days without having an attack. Just because you had one,doesn't mean your progress doesn't matter and you won't continue to progress. Often it doesn't go away fully and that will happen sometimes.

anxietykidd
04-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Instead of head aches tho now I'm getting these really bad chest pains... Kinda frequent but not really happens twice today so far... Both felt like I was being stabbed... And pain lasts for about a min maybe 2 but goes away

appshopper01
04-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Has anyone tried to acknowledge and embrace their panic attack when it came on rather than fight it or try to stop it? Reason I say this is because I have tried this and it made the panic attack subside quicker.

CarJim75
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I do the same, acknowledge and embrace the symptom, it works and prevents from getting a full blown attack.

Aimee Singer
04-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this "anxietykid". I'm kind of in the same boat. I was doing GREAT for about 2-3 full months. I gained over 20 pounds (which I needed mind you haha) because I was really underweight, and for the first time since these panic attacks started I was able to start to forgive myself for all the guilt I was holding inside of me. All the things that I could've been better spending my time on, all the suffering I personally have had to go through, and the suffering that my family had to go through WATCHING me go through this. I started to slowly forgive myself, and I even got to the point of being able to tell myself that "I love who I am" without bursting into tears or thinking that I'm lying. SO, why would I be here if I was "totally cured" or ridden of my negative thoughts, is because two days ago I got food poisoning and even though I KNEW that my anxiety didn't cause it, I just kept freaking out over and over until I ended up in the ER convinced that my heart was going to explode any second.

So that's why I also want to take the time out and say thank you KEV, because the things you said were EXACTLY what I needed to hear. "It's not snakes and ladders and just because you had an attack doesn't mean that you return to the start". I don't know why I find myself doing that. As soon as I hit a small bump in the road, I feel as if all my progress is gone or wasted because if I was feeling better than why have a panic attack in the first place? I should have been stronger to overcome it. (This is not exactly what I think is true, but it's what my anxious mind trys to tell me)