PDA

View Full Version : Am I suffering from anxiety?

Auzweb
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi all,

I am after some guidance. For about a year and a half now I have been suffering from throat issues. These can range from feeling like food is stuck in my throat, ear ache, feeling of swollen glands and extreme fatigue. I have seen two Ent doctors and also a number of gp's,. All of which are saying they see now obvious issues with my throat. 6weeks ago my gp put me on some tablets sertaline 50mg a day which I know is a low dose. After about 2 weeks on the tablets I started to feel better. I Had a period of 2 weeks where I was feeling great although I still have some mild symptoms of the above.

This week I have been going to job interviews and my throat is swelled up again and the feeling of great fatigue had come back.

I would love to here if anyone out there has had these symptoms and if there is anything they can recommend. I am trying to progress in my IT career however I am feeling this is going to stop me! Also I can not stop wondering if it is something more serious? I would like to know once and for all if it is anxiety and is so what are the best ways to deal with it? Any advise I would be truly grateful. I have booked another appointment with my gp to see what they can do.

Many thanks

alankay
04-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Docs are pretty good at finding physical illness and I bet a blood test will be ordered. I don't know about the swelling but the rest can be anxiety. Mono is a virus you get once I believe so I hope the doc rules out a virus. If they find nothing I'd stay on the zoloft or go to 100mg if the doc OK's it and hold there.
Do you feel dread and apprehension? If not, it may not be anxiety but anxiety in addition to a virus or something like that. Alankay

Auzweb
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks Alan,

I am hoping to go back to doctors this week. I have had several blood tests and all show up clear. I just hope I can get this resolved soon as it is a pain in the neck ( get the pun )!

On a serious note it is becoming a daily issue for me, some days I feel better than others.

Hope I get a proper diagnosis soon! However if there are any relaxation technique anyone can recommend which may help relieve symptoms then I am interested.

kellybean1981
04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi all,

I am after some guidance. For about a year and a half now I have been suffering from throat issues. These can range from feeling like food is stuck in my throat, ear ache, feeling of swollen glands and extreme fatigue. I have seen two Ent doctors and also a number of gp's,. All of which are saying they see now obvious issues with my throat. 6weeks ago my gp put me on some tablets sertaline 50mg a day which I know is a low dose. After about 2 weeks on the tablets I started to feel better. I Had a period of 2 weeks where I was feeling great although I still have some mild symptoms of the above.

This week I have been going to job interviews and my throat is swelled up again and the feeling of great fatigue had come back.

I would love to here if anyone out there has had these symptoms and if there is anything they can recommend. I am trying to progress in my IT career however I am feeling this is going to stop me! Also I can not stop wondering if it is something more serious? I would like to know once and for all if it is anxiety and is so what are the best ways to deal with it? Any advise I would be truly grateful. I have booked another appointment with my gp to see what they can do.

Many thanks

My anxiety started very similar. I always felt like my throat was swollen but this was the anxiety tightening in my throat. I've been having real bad anxiety and anything hat can make u relax will help relax ur throat.