PDA

View Full Version : What could this be!

Belkin
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Hello all... Well i have had a variety of symptoms over the past 2 months and i'm just really confused of its anxiety or something else.. what i dont get is ive had some symptoms for 2 weeks.. straight wouldnt anxiety come and go? for example i went a trip with my friends and was relaxed and calm but i would still have heavy leg feeling and such... which has been everyday for around 2 weeks.. well Here is my story... sorry its so long! please leave feedback if you have similar symptoms.. thanks!

It all started when i was just sitting on the computer and all of the sudden couldn't take deep breathes. Called 911 everything was fine. Next day, i started to panic thinking about it and same thing happened i all of a sudden couldn't take deep breathes along with numbness all over my body. I went to ER and they did an EKG and some blood work and everything was fine. The next week was fine didn't worry about it, felt a little drowsy but normal to me.

Well then another week comes in and i developed constant burping which i had a little bit of burping on day 1 but it went away but now i was burping 24/7. And i still had trouble taking deep breathes and just felt flu-like symptoms. Went to a family doctor and they did blood work and found out i had walking pneumonia. On the way to ride aid to pick up my prescription i guess i had a panic attack where i started shaking really fast and couldn't take deep breathes again for about four days. I'm not sure if the antibiotic that i was taking for the 10 days including the 4 days where i could start breathing better after the 4th day helped, or i just became less stressed out.. i don't know lol? Well i could finally breathe better and felt much more 'energized' to do stuff but i was still burping like crazy, along with occasional numbness in body,weak legs, One eye blurriness (went to eye doctor and said it was allergy's, but i have never had them before! i still think i have some sort of brain tumor) and i now developed a stuffy,clogged nose that i still have till this day.

I go back to doctor tell him whats happening and he orders a EGD where they stick a scope down your throat and such. Well that came back fine. But about 4 days later i developed trouble swallowing along with trembling when i like bend down or walk down steps, or just use any kind of force i would shake. I go back to the doctor and tell him that i'm 100% i have Multiple sclerosis. He does some reflex tests, along with walking in straight lines and heel walking, eye coordination.. he said that was OK and he doesn't think i have MS, which i don't believe him!

Well about a week after my last doctor visit, i have developed yet another symptom which is heavy legs, body.. I just feel all weird when i jump and such.. i mean i can run and function normally it just feels really heavy when i walk, jump and things like that.. but no pain... But i also been having spasms through out my body for about 3 weeks now and its really annoying. Although my shaking has gone away i think.. and i haven't had any numbness for about 5 days (Ima jinx it) except for some hands and feet but that usually happens when i'm sitting weird. Also just the other day i could take deep breathes pretty well, but then i went to take a bike ride around my neighborhood and i was fine when i started but about 2 min in to it i started to think about how that im far away from my house and if i were to have a problem i would die... and then i started to burp randomly which i only did very rarely that day and then i couldnt take deep breathes while still riding my bike which made me panic more.. But after i got home around 10 min later i could take deep breathes again decently.. but was still burping?? i dont get it.

I'm just really confused over all this.. i don't get how that many symptoms.. ill make a list.. at end.. but i don't get how that many symptoms could all be caused by 'anxiety' if it is that.. or what i had with pneumonia which should be gone by now.. i'm just terrified that i'm gonna stop breathing like day 1 ;(
have any of you guys experienced ongoing symptoms like mine? especially my stuffy nose, ive had it for like 2 months and i'm tired of it! its hard to breathe through it and i have taken everything for it..i have tried sinus rinse, Zyrtec,stayist,nose sprays,sudafed,benadyrl, and probably more that i cant think of.. Well, here is a list of the symptoms i have HAD and STILL have.

*Head pains (currently do not have)

*Head aches daily (Still have that)-constant,had for about a week straight.. although its gone done

*Eye Blurriness in right eye (still have that)-occasional,had this for about a month+ and still have it

*Face pain (currently do not have that)

*Stuffy,clogged nose (Still have that)-constant,had this for about 2 months and still have it

*Spasms around body (Still have that)-occasional had this for around a month+ and still have it..

*Tremors,shaking (currently do not have that)

*Ear popping (Still have this)-constant

*Numbness around body (currently do not have this)

*Burping (Still have this)-constant,had this for around 2 months and still have it

*Trouble swallowing,constantly clearing my throat (Still have this)-constant,had this for around 2 weeks and still have it

*Pain when having to go to bathroom #2 (Still have this)-occasional,every other day

*Trouble taking deep breathes (Still have this)-occasional,had this for around 2 months and still have it

*Heavy legs,body (Still have this)-constant,had this for around 2 weeks and its everyday all day and still have it

*Dizziness (Still have this)-constant,had this for around 3 weeks and its every day all day??

Sorry for this long NOVEL, i'm just lost right now! By the way i'm a 17 year old male. Any feedback would be awesome! thanks guys

ewolly
06-12-2012, 05:19 AM
I have been a qualified Dr for 3 years who has had most of these symptoms myself during a stressful period (parents' messy divorce plus exam pressure) including:

Constant headaches
Blurry vision (sometimes complete double vision)
Body spasms (mostly legs)
Tremours (hands)
Ear popping
Numbness (and tingling)
Sensation of trouble swallowing
Trouble taking deep breaths
Heavy legs
Dizziness

You would be amazed at the number of people I see who have the same symptoms as you and pretty much all of them are caused by anxiety.

Firstly, I would like to reassure you that this is very unlikely to be MS and definitely does not sound like another case of pneumonia, especially if your Dr (who has years of knowledge and experience) has said it isn't and you have had so many tests. Of course, if you want more reassurance then you are fully entitled to get a 2nd opinion. MS is much rarer than anxiety and mostly affects females mostly over age 30 so the odds are in your favour. Pneumonia causes a fever, coughing and breathing problems are all the time.

The trouble taking deep breaths - this sounds like a panic attack which are associated with anxiety, especially if the problem goes away. You should get help to learn ways of dealing with them. THEY WILL NOT HURT OR KILL YOU.

You should also be aware that using so many nasal sprays, rinses, etc will actually make a stuffy nose WORSE if you overuse them.

Another thing that will make your symptoms worse is constantly thinking about them so try doing something to take your mind off things. Go out with friends, play sport, anything is better than sitting at home worrying.

You should talk to you Dr about how you feel and tell him about your concerns about anxiety as it is obviously seriously affecting your life. There are many treatments that can help including medications and therapy. I hope you feel better soon, keep your chin up and things will get better.

=)

alankay
06-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Ewolly, thanks for the post. Sometimes we think docs are kind of immune to this kind of affliction based just on "makeup" and it's reassuring to know pretty much anyone can struggle with anxiety to a certain degree.
Alankay.

Kaleya
06-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I have the heavy legs, and burping and blurred visions, all the above. I have those now after I have episodes, which I had one all day today and feel sleepy but I have things to do. I think it is from your body and muscles being worked through the panic or anxiety and once you relax it is like a side effect. It seems like everything is over stimulated during panic. I even run to the bathroom alot.