PDA

View Full Version : 115 Ways to Reduce Anxiety

MikeMarcoe
01-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd like to suggest the book "115 Ways to Reduce Anxiety." It is available at Booklocker as well as Amazon.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should add that I am the author. This book is the result of 21 years of my anxiety suffering -- going back to my first attack in high school history class -- and several years of various therapies.

In addition to covering the more well-known therapies, I also cover some lesser-known ones:

* Learning to express emotions (since anxiety, for some, is a kind of neurotic substitute for emotions, as I discovered)

* Learning a martial art

* Doing outdoor work

* Overcoming approval addiction

As a sufferer of generalized anxiety disorder and social phobia, I wrote this book to share some of what I have learned. Progress has been very good over the years, but there is still more to learn.

-- Mike Marcoe

jitters
01-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Why not publish a couple of articles here for free to help people under stand what you book is all about they can still see the book for the other 113 ways. ;)

Cheers

Duncan

MikeMarcoe
01-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I think it would be easier to go to the Booklocker Website, type in the name of the book, and then go to the page it's on. There are 3 sample chapters there.

If you can't find it that way, just google the name of the book.

Thanks for the suggestion.

SuperMegaRichard
02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
haha but we are here! yeah i totally agree with you on how anxiety is a substitute for emotion. I only been dealing with it for about 6-7 months now. I have found this out when thinking of my stressors and the fact I either
A. I had no thoughts about the stressors, no opinion of them. or
B. Couldn't think about them for long.

DCPsychotherapist
09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Great resource Mike!