PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety for years

merp
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
To be honest, every time I go to one of these anxiety websites I get more frustrated because it sounds like people don't have the same type of anxiety as me and I just want someone to know what it's like. I'm 26. I had my first anxiety attack when I was at sleepover camp when I was 12. I would wake up with severe nausea and have diarrhea. It would last for about the first five hours of my day and then go away until the next morning. It went on for about a wk and then disappeared until freshman year when I woke up every day for about 6 months with the same thing. I've suffered with these types of attacks on and off again since then which are awful in itself, but also now get the "attacks" where I feel like I need to get a deep breath/yawning sensation out. This can happen randomly for a day or it can happen for a month at a time. That's what I'm going through right now. I literally feel like I can't breathe and it's been going on for two weeks. Sometimes I feel high from my body working in overload with the breathing or lightheaded or my chest is in pain from my brain going into overload with the breathing.

Just curious if anyone else has gone through a similar situation bc I feel like when I read about others with anxiety they only mention panic attacks that last up to about an hr.

GeeBee
04-02-2012, 09:35 PM
On top of anxiety, you may have irritable bowel syndrome, but I'm no doctor, so don't take my word for it. Doctors said I had IBS for a year. I switched jobs and it went away.

Do you know why you had your first anxiety attack? Was it the first time you were away from home? Did you have homesickness?

Try breathing exercises to control the deep breath/yawning sensation/lightheadedness. Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?

knp
04-03-2012, 11:40 AM
To be honest, every time I go to one of these anxiety websites I get more frustrated because it sounds like people don't have the same type of anxiety as me and I just want someone to know what it's like. I'm 26. I had my first anxiety attack when I was at sleepover camp when I was 12. I would wake up with severe nausea and have diarrhea. It would last for about the first five hours of my day and then go away until the next morning. It went on for about a wk and then disappeared until freshman year when I woke up every day for about 6 months with the same thing. I've suffered with these types of attacks on and off again since then which are awful in itself, but also now get the "attacks" where I feel like I need to get a deep breath/yawning sensation out. This can happen randomly for a day or it can happen for a month at a time. That's what I'm going through right now. I literally feel like I can't breathe and it's been going on for two weeks. Sometimes I feel high from my body working in overload with the breathing or lightheaded or my chest is in pain from my brain going into overload with the breathing.

Just curious if anyone else has gone through a similar situation bc I feel like when I read about others with anxiety they only mention panic attacks that last up to about an hr.

I have been using inositol multivitamine rescue remedy spray b complex

This all are helping with anxiety and panic
It is said that inositol works for physical anxiety

Also google inositol for anxiety

Be strong and god bless you

merp
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Thank you! I've never even heard of that but went to gnc and bought some in powder form.