PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out today.

jw927458
04-02-2012, 07:32 AM
In the middle of the night, I was woken up by chest pain, it was in a different spot then I usually get it, so instantly I went into panic mode. I fell back to sleep about an hour later and then woke up this morning feeling anxious. The pain keeps coming and going in the "new" location. This anxiety stuff is complicated. Doesn't seem like it'll ever go away.

liveitup898
04-02-2012, 07:42 AM
It will go away.....

Sometimes we just have to face our fears.

Anxiety and negative thoughts can literally create physical feelings.......and once we get those physical feelings, we focus on it and obsess over it until it becomes a big issue.

I've realized that chest pains for me come from bad posture and feeling anxious and tense. But at times i still think its my heart and freak out........

Do your best to ignore the feeling and just keep yourself busy......or when you feel anxious practice deep breathing and read some positive quotes on anxiety. or try telling yourself that "everytthing is fine!".......

WHen we have anxiety attacks we keep creating negative thoughts in our minds until we freak out......the same thing applies to positive thinking! if we keep telling ourselves positive things it will greatly relieve the stress......

jw927458
04-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'll am trying to stay distracted, that seems to help the pain. Which should be enough proof to myself that it is not heart related. Just a terrible feeling.

liveitup898
04-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Also, search for "the anxiety trick" in google.

it is very insightful.

yes, i agree its a terrible feeling but i really believe its all in our minds (provided you have been checked out by a doctor already).

we have to get our of our comfort zones if we ever plan on beating this anxiety. just know that you will be fine...have faith.

jw927458
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes, I have been checked by a doctor. It's been about a month since my ER visit with chest pain. EKG, blood work, chest x-ray, showed everything was normal. I just wish I could convince myself that.