PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm losing my mind

leichtergeist
03-31-2012, 04:23 AM
is it normal to be anxious over things such as being scared an asteroid is going to hit the earth, or there's going to be a huge solar flair, or any sort of natural disaster? Because aside from worrying over various illnesses and other things, that right now is what's getting to me, and I don't know what to do about it. I can't sleep, and I know it's silly, but I feel like I'm losing my mind, I'm spending hours plagued by fear. Does anyone else have the same problem, and if so how do you cope? I'm new here, joined because this seemed like a good place to get some answers/support.

laurandisorder
03-31-2012, 06:31 AM
Your fear and anxiety will latch onto anything.
When I first experienced anxiety, I was very conscious not only of my own inexplicable fear, but natural disasters and all that kind of thing.

It's not unusual, your anxiety will try to feed on anything that will allow it to grow.

Try not to get preoccupied with this kind of thing - don't expose yourself to things that will give you an excuse or opportunity to feed the anxiety. I had to steer clear of the the history channel for a while.

It is normal for anxiety sufferers to feel like this.

anxigone123
03-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Like Laurandisorder said anxiety will grow any place you let it grow so do not feel weird or like your losing your mind just because you are having these feelings and fears... What you must do to resolve these fears is first realize they are completely irrational. How many people do you know that have been hurt by an asteroid or solar flair? Most likely no one. How often do they things occur and hurt someone? Extremely rarely if ever. Just thinking about these to things you have to realize there is nothing to worry about... the chances of something like that happening is zero to none. Second you must construct a strong counter statement that you can think to yourself when you have these fears. A counter statement is simply a short phrase that you can think to yourself when you have anxious thoughts about these natural disasters such as : The chances of this happening are zero to none so I have nothing to worry about.